Quantcast

!! yerp !!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
New Years Eve in Denmark is still my high water mark for fireworks crazy. Literally nine or ten hours of increasingly intense explosions — all private users, and it seemed literally everyone setting them off across the entire city, it just kept on going like an acid trip.
Best choreography and display was Chinese New Year here in NZ a few years back. I actually like fireworks but it cannot be denied they are often anti-social in the wrong hands and defo not good for the environment in quite a few ways. On balance, a well thought-out public display is probably the way to go.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Back to Denver this afternoon after packing up the house and making it ship-shape for its Vacasa photo day to come at the end of August. Due to travel and other factors we won’t be back up again until after that date.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up. Assembling shelving for MIL1 today then moving boxes. Sore I shall be tonight.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Coming up shortly will be my first real mtb ride since I smashed my foot on a rock over 2 months ago. The toe still hurts. I'll need to get an xray someday.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Finally getting settled in, got out for some play time over the weekend… hit the river on Saturday in a couple of borrowed inflatable kayaks, then a prosper high country ride with Teh Financèe, @mtg, his wife, and a few of their friends. Beers and burgers at his wife’s family cabin afterwards.

BFA70AAA-0758-4F8D-8C86-C0A560E12BEE.jpeg

37539023-1C96-415F-B198-DC7FD11762EF.jpeg

FAF945D6-C1A1-4A66-9114-2EF4B5304189.jpeg

D7EEB9CB-B220-4DBC-826C-04E2A49AC697.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ll get to ride with him more often now that we live 2-1/2 hours apart LOL.

Errands today, gotta buy a trash can. But also looking at another high country ride later afternoon, pending weather.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think i am going to death valley today....

sugar sprinkle/chocolate frosted/glazed donuts consumed at donut bistro in reno....

i could live in susanville, california....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode, it was 60F / 100% humidity at 8:30. Everything was dripping wet, roots slippy as heck, good times. Only wrecked myself once - when pushing the bike up unrideabru rocks and slipped. :homer:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
New Years Eve in Denmark is still my high water mark for fireworks crazy. Literally nine or ten hours of increasingly intense explosions — all private users, and it seemed literally everyone setting them off across the entire city, it just kept on going like an acid trip.
I was in Amsterdam for NYE once and it was insanity. I walked across the city to get back to my hotel and saw nonstop explosions.

My drive home last night took me up the 405 and across the 10. The view confirmed that everyone was lighting up the sky. The booming inside my car was loud. I was on the phone with a friend and I could hear the fireworks from her neighbors too.

What I found confusing was that there was a nonstop booming from about 1pm. I guess folks were just lighting things off for the noise, because I can’t imagine there was much too watch in the midday sun.

Oh well. Time for food.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Multiple storage shelves built. Lots and lots and lots of boxes moved. I have filled to the brim, two 48"*24"*78" shelves... And it's only made a mild dent on the condo. Back is sore as fuck. Ribs are sore as fuck.

And to top it all off, the hamster is dead. Bedding all over the floor, hamster house not in the cage, dead hamster. Our assumption is that Hannah tried to pet it and unintentionally squeezed it to death. So... Hamster funeral tonight.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO

Couple spots of hike a bike, but generally a pretty mellow ride for the high alpine. And frogging amazingly gorgeous view in every direction, which I suppose is to be expected given that it’s on the continental divide.
Good time, that was. And, I got the Sur Ron up that valley this morning, working on clearing some trail :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Going to ride with splat today, lol.
12 miles in a little under 3.5 hours. It's not like we're slow, as monkeys have have ridden with us can attest, but every place splat takes us is maximum techy trails packed into the minimum amount of space, so it's hard to get any speed going. Fun ride though and I'm tired from the constant rocks and roots. We had to hit four eateries after to find one that was open that wasn't a chain place. We settled on a run down greasy spoon with surpringly good food.

Strava map that shows the twists and turns:

Screenshot_20210705-173921_Strava.jpg

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Isn't it great that we are known as such an environmental friendly country? :rolleyes:
Luckily fireworks do not produce large amounts of fine particles that could be detrimental to health equating to 1% of PM10 (cars are around 3%) and 2% of PM2.5 (cars: approx. 6%) annual emissions on New Year's alone. :disgust1:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Booked a date night with the girlfriend on a patio. Of course we are getting pummeled by thunderstorms.

We were under a storm watch, which is now a warning. Rain is coming in sideways and the eaves are over flowing. Rain is getting pushed through the weather seals on the front door.

And the winds have toppled my biggest tomato plant, which was staked and propped into the ground. :( :(

Ughhh..im right under that Georgina word.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Booked a date night with the girlfriend on a patio. Of course we are getting pummeled by thunderstorms.

We were under a storm watch, which is now a warning. Rain is coming in sideways and the eaves are over flowing. Rain is getting pushed through the weather seals on the front door.

And the winds have toppled my biggest tomato plant, which was staked and propped into the ground. :( :(

Ughhh..im right under that Georgina word.

Weather dick says hail is incoming now...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
it's hot (and looks to be for the forseeable future), i'm relatively lazy, the motivation is low...ima have another beer. but will fire up and. ride later this week.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Isn't it great that we are known as such an environmental friendly country? :rolleyes:
Luckily fireworks do not produce large amounts of fine particles that could be detrimental to health equating to 1% of PM10 (cars are around 3%) and 2% of PM2.5 (cars: approx. 6%) annual emissions on New Year's alone. :disgust1:
I think it is extremely Danish to actually know these figures! :thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
DAMMIT NOW I WANT GYROS.

made me remember when i lived in vienna...place right by our school had the best dang gyros. the ones at the city market were damn good to, where's they'd carve the meat right onto them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Couldn't decide if I wanted to hike or ride today, so I rode on some hiking trails, 23 or so miles and 4100 ft near Mt Rainier including Skookum Flats. Sadly no Skookum sightings.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Biking happened and was fun. My game was off in the tech climbing moments. I blame the Grape Cinex.

Beefalo was ate for dinner. Yummers

@Westy you ride Ranger Creek/Palisades?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Slogged up FS 7200, down Ranger Creek then Skookum Flats.
Sweet man! I have climbed Ranger Creek and descended Palisades. Good poop. Any snow/blow downs to deal with? Are you game for a Lewis River out n back next Monday? Should be similar vert and mileage.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hamster funeral had. Haley is sleeping in the basement with the kittens tonight. Sore is starting to set it... Tomorrow will hurt.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wife is Binge watching Seinfeld. The stupidity of the dialog drove me out of the house and into the serene quiet of the hammock in the back yard. Honestly I cannot fathom endlessly having the TV on all day while she works from home. I can't stand 5 minutes of it and she will have it going for 12 straight hours or so. Probably why I like biking, kayaking and fly fishing, backpacking. No electronic noise

Last edited: