Quantcast

Yet another reason why Harley-Davidson makes poser bikes...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spookydave said:
stevew, I like your style. My friend died of cancer and his childhood thumper is now for sale. You should save this old iron.

And as far as Harley... They are doing pretty well in Pro Stock and Top Fuel these days.

To each their own, it's all good I say.
Sorry about your friend. Style.......hmmmm, something I've never been accused of having:). There is stuff I will just always like. That bike looks like something my uncle would have built 30 years ago before he became a truck driver and started collecting old Auto-Car semi's and restoring old Mercedes in his spare time.

Drag bikes are just nuts. I saw a drag bike run at Rockingham over the weekend.......and lets just say you have to have a big set of nuts to go down the track with the back end all over the place and not let off the throttle at all.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
sure, whatever floats your boat toolgleen.

what you fail to realize is if its got 2 wheels i dig it, plain and simple. its your loss that you can't recognize that. see that smile on his face...i mean my face. it means a good time is being had yet only a tool like you has to pervert it into some sort of childish jibe rather that respecting it for what it is. feel free to carry on in your toolish world.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ridetoofast said:
sure, whatever floats your boat toolgleen.

what you fail to realize is if its got 2 wheels i dig it, plain and simple. its your loss that you can't recognize that. see that smile on his face...i mean my face. it means a good time is being had yet only a tool like you has to pervert it into some sort of childish jibe rather that respecting it for what it is. feel free to carry on in your toolish world.

Dig it, baby.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ridetoofast said:
and the tool fires another shot.

you know if you just stuck to your materials related post, id think you're a cool guy.

as it is i wouldnt stand in line to piss on you if you were on fire.
Oh no! Should I call the Waaaahhhbulance? Or maybe you should just douche to get that sand out of your vagina...

Are you the easiest person in the world to wind up or what?

Choppers suck.

Did I make you cry yet?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
stevew said:
I think that bike was in the horse recently. They build some nice bikes.
Are you talking about Ironhorse Magazine? Jason Jesse did a photo shoot of my brothers bike along with 2 other bikes owned by tatoo artists that worked for him a few years back. "Santa Cruz white trash choppers rule" was the article. He built a pan-head springer that had Caddy tail lights. It was painted using high temp bbq black from Orchard Supply Hardware. That was before I started powdercoating all his stuff. Looked a lot like the "no fat tires" picture you posted with the old school suicide shift.

I have the mag at home, I will see if I can get some pictures of it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jimmydean said:
Are you talking about Ironhorse Magazine? Jason Jesse did a photo shoot of my brothers bike ..........

I have the mag at home, I will see if I can get some pictures of it.
Yup, Ironhorse Magazine. That and Dice are the only ones worth buying.

Jason Jesse. Former pro skater?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Changleen said:
Oh no! Should I call the Waaaahhhbulance? Or maybe you should just douche to get that sand out of your vagina...

Are you the easiest person in the world to wind up or what?

Choppers suck.

Did I make you cry yet?
actually im not wound up at all...i simply fvcking hate you...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
stevew said:
Yup, Ironhorse Magazine. That and Dice are the only ones worth buying.

Jason Jesse. Former pro skater?
Your damn right. He does a lot of freelance stuff and he goes way back to 80's skate days. My brother has done some work on him as well.

<edit> Dice, I will have to check it out. There is also a shop just over the river in Vancouver called Nash Motoercycles that build some stuff I think you would dig. Very different from a lot of main stream stuff. They might end un building my frame if I don't get one from Sally's.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ridetoofast said:
actually im not wound up at all...i simply fvcking hate you...
Looser. This is the internet. You shouldn't hate people just because you're a dumb as sh1t 15 year old and lose every argument you get into. Maybe you should spend less time hating and more time at school?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jimmydean said:
Your damn right. He does a lot of freelance stuff and he goes way back to 80's skate days. My brother has done some work on him as well.
Cool.

I will be going to the Horse show here in June. My older brother is hoping to have his bike tone to ride to the show. Building a bike for practically nothing off of ebay is fun.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
someone just sent me this, and since this thread is about h@rl*y D@v&ds*ns,....
The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died
and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've
been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your
reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want in Heaven."

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to hang out
with God." St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room and introduced him
to God.

God recognized Arthur and commented, "Okay, so you were the one who
invented the Harley Davidson motorcycle?"

Arthur said, "Yep, that's me."

God said, "Well, what's the big deal in i nventing something that's
! pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a
road?"

Arthur was apparently embarrassed, but finally he said , "Excuse me,
but aren't You the inventor of woman?"

God said, "Yes."

"Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some major
design flaws in your invention:

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusions;

2. It chatters constantly at high speeds;

3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much;

4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust;

5. And the maintenance costs are enormous!"

"Hmmmmm, you have some good points there," replied God, "hold on."

God went to His Celestial super computer, typed in a few words and
waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper and God
read it.

"Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur,
"b ut according to these! numbers, more men are riding my invention than
yours."

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
stevew said:
Sorry about your friend. Style.......hmmmm, something I've never been accused of having:). There is stuff I will just always like. That bike looks like something my uncle would have built 30 years ago before he became a truck driver and started collecting old Auto-Car semi's and restoring old Mercedes in his spare time.
30 years ago is about right. He was 19 at the time.
I hear ya on the style. Someone was going on and on about how ugly my 1960 Kingswood was (black, black tint, slammed on vintage Americans). Then they hoped in their Honda Element and drove off. lol Nice car with zero style if you ask me. All goes back to the to each their own I guess.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spookydave said:
30 years ago is about right. He was 19 at the time.
I hear ya on the style. Someone was going on and on about how ugly my 1960 Kingswood was (black, black tint, slammed on vintage Americans).
Station Wagon?

Old American Station wagons are the best.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not to be totally off topic, but a friend of mine is about 90% finished with his '64 Impala wagon. The only thing I don't care for is it's 4 door, but it's still damn nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jimmydean said:
Not to be totally off topic, but a friend of mine is about 90% finished with his '64 Impala wagon. The only thing I don't care for is it's 4 door, but it's still damn nice.
That is what I love about them. I didn't know Chevy made so many station wagon variations until I went to the Good Guys show here last October......Impala Wagons, Brookwood Wagon, Parkwood Wagon....I was in wagon heaven.

I prefer them with a little patina more than perfect.........

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well here is my responce, i Ride motorcycles, i like Cruiers, i like sport bikes. They both have there places, and they are both alot of fun, i have ridden everything from a 600 katana 900 ninja 1100 CBR 1500 sportser 1300 road king 883 sportster to my current ride, 750 shadow. I like the comfort of the cruiser style, i like the fun of a Crotch rocket, At the moment My 05 shadow i got for 4k with 2500 miles on it, couldnt pass it up. It rides just as good as My uncles road king, They are all nice and fun, calssic bikes are friggin cool, sport bikes flying around a corner at 130 plus are cool too, just hope there isnt a car coming, personally i think sport bikes over 900cc should be restricted to Track only status!!! Too many people with bikes like that are WAY to Inexpierenced<SP> to have them. I really like my 750, enough power to go faster than i should be, rides smooth, parts are easy to get, and its not super loud!!! Here is a Can Pic of it

Now add Soft side rear saddle bags and a windsheild

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
What Harley Davidsons have become is funny. There was a time when you never saw a rider on a HD "walk" their bike to a start or stop and now it's as common as traffic jams are in LA. Most of what's being piloted around SoCal under the HD flag is noisy, slow and really quite laughable to most people who ride motorcycles that have even a little performance. It is a rare occasion to see a HD splitting traffic in stop and go on The 5, but most of the commuters on other bikes that fit and are ridden daily seem to handle it all rather well. The funniest thing though is when a HD rider looks down their nose at my 750 and then feebly attempts to beat me to the bottleneck on Santiago Canyon Road. All I see is a headlight rapidly getting smaller in my mirror. I don't even need to get even closely into it about how those bikes are handled on the twisties. They should be banned from mountain roads because they get in the way more than RVs do and don't think they have to move for anyone, even when the signage indicates that slower traffic must use turnouts.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
noname said:
been riding for 24 years, and yes my superbike is very loud(hafta wear earplugs) but it is a simple matter of physics that sound propagates rearward on motorcycles (unless you aim your pipes foward). I was passed just a few days ago by a chopper and I didn't hear him till he was right next to and almost past me, then I heard him till he was about a 1/2 mile away. Check with the AMA, they take the same stance, most motorcycle collisions take place at an 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock angle, louder pipes wouldn't have helped any of them.
Written by someone who actually rides, instead of wishing they do.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
MisterClean said:
The funniest thing though is when a HD rider looks down their nose at my 750 and then feebly attempts to beat me to the bottleneck on Santiago Canyon Road. All I see is a headlight rapidly getting smaller in my mirror. I don't even need to get even closely into it about how those bikes are handled on the twisties. They should be banned from mountain roads because they get in the way more than RVs do and don't think they have to move for anyone, even when the signage indicates that slower traffic must use turnouts.

This is why I don't like them.
As anyone who has been to NZ knows the roads here are tight and twisty, and an absolute nightmare for harleys or american cars. if what your in/on is not able to handle hairpin turn after hairpin turn with dangerously narrow roads then your not gonna have any fun, and will in all probability be a danger for everyone else on the road.

They are fine if not perfect for wide straight american highways, but hopeless on roads like ours which are perfect for european or japanese performance oriented transport. :)