Quantcast

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
hey pspec, nice set of photos uve got. now that i was reconsidering frame choice u just had to let it rip lol. i know a few guys got theirs over at yetifan.com, how does it look in person? anything interesting wanna throw in here? and thanks for sharing!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
hey pspec, nice set of photos uve got. now that i was reconsidering frame choice u just had to let it rip lol. i know a few guys got theirs over at yetifan.com, how does it look in person? anything interesting wanna throw in here? and thanks for sharing!
Have you wrote yeti? Do they give you the "wait 2 more weeks" answer? Where do you live? It may take a bit longer. I got my legend a month after first started arriving. It's normal. Though I understand your frustration. I have waited 14 months for mine since I preordered it ;)

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
Have you wrote yeti? Do they give you the "wait 2 more weeks" answer? Where do you live? It may take a bit longer. I got my legend a month after first started arriving. It's normal. Though I understand your frustration. I have waited 14 months for mine since I preordered it ;)
yeah i get the whole oh they are being painted, or something like we just ship first batch.... and its taking a while bc they are hand made... i live in California so id say shouldn't take too long, i really wanted this frame but now thinking maybe shoud go with something else? or go on with what ive started. not sure

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
^ how soon do you have to ride, yeti wasnt a great company to me, but where i live, there is 2 feet of snow, so i could wait, if there is riding and your missing out on it due to a yeti (which you dont seem so enthusiastic about) i would consider your options

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
^ how soon do you have to ride, yeti wasnt a great company to me, but where i live, there is 2 feet of snow, so i could wait, if there is riding and your missing out on it due to a yeti (which you dont seem so enthusiastic about) i would consider your options
well i actually really like this frame and it is something different... i can ride all year, weather is pretty good here.

original plan was to have it ready by like june or something due to frame being so expensive i was gonna slowly build it up,

if i still go for it what do u guys think? does this seem like something that will last long time ? (im good with my stuff and take care of things)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
well i actually really like this frame and it is something different... i can ride all year, weather is pretty good here.

original plan was to have it ready by like june or something due to frame being so expensive i was gonna slowly build it up,

if i still go for it what do u guys think? does this seem like something that will last long time ? (im good with my stuff and take care of things)
That frame is KILLER. We wanted one to test but missed the boat. Honestly had we gotten one I may not have tested it and used it as my own bike!

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
anyone got theirs already? im still waiting.
Yes, if you like the 303, you will love the WC. In the limited riding we've been able to get in (winter finally caught up with us), it seems to track and handle the rough as well as previous versions. A little lighter, hesitate to call it nimble, but it's easier to move around. Seems very stiff through the rear triangle. Has been a pleasure to get back on a railed bike.:thumb:

ekozy39

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
yeah i get the whole oh they are being painted, or something like we just ship first batch.... and its taking a while bc they are hand made... i live in California so id say shouldn't take too long, i really wanted this frame but now thinking maybe shoud go with something else? or go on with what ive started. not sure
It's just a shame that you gave them your money soo long ago.. you aren't a bank and to see a company finance their business with rider deposits is too bad.. 100 deposits x $1900 (50%)=$190k..

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
im not sure how it works, u cant order a frame straight from yeti, has to be done through yeti dealer so i payed half already, the rest is due when it gets here

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im not sure how it works, u cant order a frame straight from yeti, has to be done through yeti dealer so i payed half already, the rest is due when it gets here
still, to pay half for a bike that isnt in yet is nuts. a $100 deposit would do that same thing since the shop isnt billed until the bike actually ships. they basically took your $1900 and ran with it.

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
they basically took your $1900 and ran with it.
lol ur making me nervous, it was 2k...

man its difficult, i guess ill wait a bit more and if nothing then just get 2k credit, this is going to be my last DH bike so thats why went for it, took a while to get my gf convinced that no more toys after this.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
lol ur making me nervous, it was 2k...

man its difficult, i guess ill wait a bit more and if nothing then just get 2k credit, this is going to be my last DH bike so thats why went for it, took a while to get my gf convinced that no more toys after this.
lol, its not like your money is gone. i was just saying that they took your $2k and didnt even have to do anything besides fire off a email to Yeti ordering a frame.
add another $8-900 and youll have a bike that is already available from SC, Intense, Turner and anyone else. im sure the 303WC will be sweet but like mentioned, $3800 is a lot of coin.
Go-ride has a large in stock now btw

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
so i got another question for u guys, how are deemaxes ultimates... (yellow ones) u guys think its gonna go good? (yes ive searched but there are mixed feelings about them)

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
$1600 more than their 303RDH is still nuts

did they get creeped out?
loool,I hope so.

But no very nice guy,1 of the mechs spoke to me about the frame,then I asked gwin for some stickers :rofl: and asked him how it was going and if he was having a good time and liking quebec ( since im from here ) and then told him awsome ,and thanks allot for chatting and being cool unlike peat and wished him the best.

if you must had to know.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
lol, its not like your money is gone. i was just saying that they took your $2k and didnt even have to do anything besides fire off a email to Yeti ordering a frame.
add another $8-900 and youll have a bike that is already available from SC, Intense, Turner and anyone else. im sure the 303WC will be sweet but like mentioned, $3800 is a lot of coin.
Go-ride has a large in stock now btw
We have a medium on the way too. If you call you may find we have pricing other than $3800 for a frame...;)

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
It's funny to read the complaints about the price of the 303 here.
In Germany the price for the frame is 4995 Euros, i. e. $ 6800 !

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
those of you who's seen it in person, is there much room at all for rail maintenance/cleaning and access? based on photos ive seen it doesn't seem to be very comfortable or accessible but i did call yeti and they did say that should not be a problem.

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
@cableguy: I understood that. The relation between the prices of "normal" DH frames and the 303 anniversary is the same here.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i know but they did a short vid. before bike was released and in it sayd that 65 only... if you go back a few pages ull see that ive asked this question already...
i know this but the bikes that have been rolling out already say 100. the picture above shows this.
if they make only 65 and the bikes say 100, that would be pretty stupid.
like you said, that video was done BEFORE the production run

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
i know this but the bikes that have been rolling out already say 100. the picture above shows this.
if they make only 65 and the bikes say 100, that would be pretty stupid.
like you said, that video was done BEFORE the production run
yes sir, im just saying that originally this idea was introduced with 65 frames.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
those of you who's seen it in person, is there much room at all for rail maintenance/cleaning and access? based on photos ive seen it doesn't seem to be very comfortable or accessible but i did call yeti and they did say that should not be a problem.
It's tighter clearance than previous edition 303's, but doesn't look like anything that will be a problem. Grease Zerk is still on the bottom, I use a needle fitting for my grease gun, so no clearance issues there, shouldn't be one even with a more traditional grease gun fitting. The car is actually nicer than previous generation 303's. So far, no issues to report.
Grease, ride, repeat.....

andrewko

Chimp
Jul 13, 2008
It's tighter clearance than previous edition 303's, but doesn't look like anything that will be a problem. Grease Zerk is still on the bottom, I use a needle fitting for my grease gun, so no clearance issues there, shouldn't be one even with a more traditional grease gun fitting. The car is actually nicer than previous generation 303's. So far, no issues to report.
Grease, ride, repeat.....
sounds good, i have my old grease gun from previous 303... how about area around the car? can be easily cleaned? (i used tooth brush before) so can that still be done u think? how is the bike riding, would u buy it again?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
my bank account hurts just reading this! How...? just how can people spend 3800 on a frame? let along put 2,000 dollars down and loosing interest on it while its sitting in yeti's account! blows my mind what people do sometimes. its people like you that companies think its ok to charge 4,000 dollars for a frame.

I could keep going but ill shut up now, enjoy your bicycle frame.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
How...? just how can people spend 3800 on a frame?
The same way people can spend 30k on a car. I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't even consider that expensive, but I would never, ever spend that much on a car/truck/whatever. It's all about priorities...

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
my bank account hurts just reading this! How...? just how can people spend 3800 on a frame? let along put 2,000 dollars down and loosing interest on it while its sitting in yeti's account! blows my mind what people do sometimes. its people like you that companies think its ok to charge 4,000 dollars for a frame.

Not everyone is as connected as Yuroshek....I think interest rates are below 1% so loosing the 20 or less of interest is the least of his concerns.

Its actually kind of disconcerting that you, someone who is supposedly on the inside of the Bike industry would come on to this thread and berate a customer who wants to pay for a product.

I feel for the guy and I know he will love the frame once he gets it unfortunately for certain brands delivery of product always seem to be an issue this time of year. By May everyone will be riding and will have forgotten about it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
$30k isnt expensive for a car. a $3800 DH frame would be similar to a upper echelon car. the same could be said for a bike like a Nicolai DH frame

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

3800 is cheap at least for Road bikes. Try $10K hahhahahahah!