Quantcast

YETI signs Tyler "Super T" Klassen

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Sorry and all that if this is old but it is news to me.

No, he won't be racing
Yes, he will ride the flexy, poorly designed, and super lame 303. :sneaky:

eddiegold

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
Cool, if anyone can test the 303 to its limits he can. Be good to see him riding a asx as well, just cause i've got one

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I am sure that he will eat those babies like coco-puffs. I really can't see that frame being a big hucker since it seems to have been designed as a pure race bike. I am certain that someone with that much talent and drive will only help push the innovation process.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
WheelieMan said:
Wow! How can yeti afford all of these superstars? Graves, Kintner, Riffle, Klassen. Thats quite the lineup.
aside from the fact that bike pros generally work for peanuts, charging $2500 or whatever it is for a frame like the yeti dj (edit: make that the 4x, yup) will do wonders...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Toshi said:
aside from the fact that bike pros generally work for peanuts, charging $2500 or whatever it is for a frame like the yeti dj will do wonders...
Yeti products are generally very cheap. The DJ frame retails for $649 - a little expensive but not $2500

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
damn yeti is going huge this year. i agree with chomps. he goes big, has no style and looks squirly as hell whenever he tries to add his horrible style to anything. remember guys not one single dh9 has broken since they went to the mono version 3 or 4 years ago thats a damn good track record

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
WheelieMan said:
Yeti products are anything but cheap. $649 is very expensive for a taiwanese made hardtail. I believe he was talking about the 4x frame...
Well their frames might not be the best deal, but their complete bikes are priced pretty well.

For example a 575 Enduro20 spec bike retail price is $2600 with a Fox 36RC ($999 retail price). A Specialized Enduro with similiar spec retails for $600 more...

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
That's cool. I have to disagree with you guys about his "whack" riding style. He rips it up pretty nicely in the new NSX video. He's kinda tall and lanky, which never helps you look too stylie. I have to agree that Rennie is a complete badass though.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
spoke80 said:
I am sure that he will eat those babies like coco-puffs. I really can't see that frame being a big hucker since it seems to have been designed as a pure race bike.
The v10 was designed as a pure race bike too.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
dexter said:
damn yeti is going huge this year. i agree with chomps. he goes big, has no style and looks squirly as hell whenever he tries to add his horrible style to anything. remember guys not one single dh9 has broken since they went to the mono version 3 or 4 years ago thats a damn good track record
sorry but i saw one completely snapped into two pieces on sprung 5. in the "caseorama" section, one guy in a yeti jersey is walking off into the sunset with two pieces of a yeti. and it is the mono version.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dude i love super-t's style. you can watch any video and tell its him immediately with the bar hump moto whip going on. not only that the guy can rip some street.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
dude i love super-t's style. you can watch any video and tell its him immediately with the bar hump moto whip going on. not only that the guy can rip some street.
yeah its so cool when he dead sailor's every thing he does. Mad style.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
yeah but he's big in Japan err... Canada!

marketingwise a good decision from yeti.

and why do people keep on downtalking the 303?
wait till it completed its first season, or at least demo/ride it once before making assumptions.

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
UiUiUiUi said:
and why do people keep on downtalking the 303?
wait till it completed its first season, or at least demo/ride it once before making assumptions.
Pshaw, that would be e-diotic. Real time testing is far too slow.

B

bigkonarider

Until the new Internal gearbox bikes are sold-i'll keep on riding my Bullet !
B-1 has a sweet bike & certainly everyone will make one in the near future..NO MORE REAR derailers !!!!!!!!! No more rear derailers & cassettes !!!
Shift while in the air when the rear wheel is spinning.etc..
fugetaboudit

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
WheelieMan said:
Wow! How can yeti afford all of these superstars? Graves, Kintner, Riffle, Klassen. Thats quite the lineup.
I would bet 20 dollars that he is riding for no salary. Just expenses to selected freeride comps and maybe some lame bonus package.

These freeride guys do this on a phone call...

"dude, I just need bikes and maybe some free hotel rooms"

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sir Happypants said:
to bad klassen is a superstar and few of us can acually judge him on riding skill....
no one is saying he can't ride, or that they can ride at his level. people are saying that his style is funny, and that's something that each of us is qualified to judge for ourselves.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Sir Happypants said:
to bad klassen is a superstar and few of us can acually judge him on riding skill....
its also wierd how people are judged / stereotyped based on a few video clips (namely the big hits) - its not really indicative of a persons full skillset, but people tend to pidgeonhole. i've ridden with tyler since he was a grom, and the guy is saturated with talents that extend beyond hucking. trail riding with him is an education; i've seen some amazing stuff. though he's a bit of a gumby, his style is all his own & i respect his ability to get the job done. gotta see if he's getting a 303 any day soon...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
aggro, gnar...poo style...closed fist...drunken monkey...don't matter what Jedi style he uses....he's in videos....we're not. :D

Man, you all must be the sickest group of riders I have ever read about. I guess when you're at the top of your game style critiques is all you got. :thumb:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
xy9ine said:
its also wierd how people are judged / stereotyped based on a few video clips (namely the big hits) - its not really indicative of a persons full skillset, but people tend to pidgeonhole. i've ridden with tyler since he was a grom, and the guy is saturated with talents that extend beyond hucking. trail riding with him is an education; i've seen some amazing stuff. though he's a bit of a gumby, his style is all his own & i respect his ability to get the job done. gotta see if he's getting a 303 any day soon...
true, who has style on huking down something first time. Most
vids are thing people only do once. i am sure he is a good rider.
it is hard to look good on a bike if you are a marshwiggle!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
T-Pirate said:
Plus he grew his hair out so he looks like a drifter rather than a fetus, so things are really looking up for Ebbett.
:thumb:

hahaha. i thought scotty H and i only called him that.

Dunshee80

Chimp
Aug 16, 2004
hahaha, funny super t story. 2 years ago he was at interbike signing posters, my buddy, who's an xc geek, and didn't know who he was got a signed poster. tyler wrote: "Rip it like a Canuck", but it was pretty hard to read........my buddy looks at the poster and goes: "uuuuhhh, ride it love a camel?".....i thought tyler was gonna reach across the table and slap him, but he just started laughing. funny moment, i guess you had to be there...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
bizutch said:
aggro, gnar...poo style...closed fist...drunken monkey...don't matter what Jedi style he uses....he's in videos....we're not. :D
Actually you are. You and Matt are in some Snowshoe section of a movie I can't remember, but you're washing your bikes.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
Actually you are. You and Matt are in some Snowshoe section of a movie I can't remember, but you're washing your bikes.
either that is pure jealousy on your part...or just flat out rubbing it in my face...either way...I think I'm gonna cry!!!! :(

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sure I'd love to be in a MTB movie. Well you know I have been in "some" movies but those are for private viewing only... but I digress.