Quantcast

You best stay off my chickin selects!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I swear to god Im gonna stab my thumbs off If i hear one more commercial like this. McDonalds is driving me crazy with this "Im lovin' it" urban marketing scheme. Ive seen like 5 commercials where some random person is bitching at no one about staying away from their chicken. I could seriously get the point after 1 maybe two commercials, but why make like 15 that are exactly the same (save ethnic grouping)? Im not a fast food hater, but this is gettting more annoying then the whole "Dr. Scholls " IM GELLIN" thing. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
IM ****ing still home SICK! :angry:
Has the TV started talking to you?

I hear ya man! the McDonalds ones are really bad.
Oh and the Country Fresh Chicken ones are good too. Gotta love the Taco Bell comercials aimed at stoners too.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Those stupid ass commercials are proof of the Darwin theory. Too bad it takes so long for fat morons to die from eating that junk.

Simms

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
summit county Colorado
YOu gotta love the McDonald billboard on the highway that's has a biker and PowerAde that says "stop and refuel" or something. it humors me when overweight inactive people go eat there and order a PowerAde thinking they are drinking something healthy and it will help them lose weight....it's just as bad as coke when your not active. As for Powerade and Gatorade....I think a lot of people drink this as empty calories that they THINK make them athletic.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Those stupid ass commercials are proof of the Darwin theory. Too bad it takes so long for fat morons to die from eating that junk.
I had BK egg sandwich for breakfast this AM.

Either I can pay $3 for a sandwich, coffee, and hash browns or I can pay $1.50 for a bagel.....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Or your lazy ass could pour some cereal and milk into a bowl.

Or you could get the monster pack of Nature Valley granola bars for under $4.00, which equates to about 17 cents per breakfast. Or 33 cents if you're extra hungry and eat 2.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Simms said:
YOu gotta love the McDonald billboard on the highway that's has a biker and PowerAde that says "stop and refuel" or something. it humors me when overweight inactive people go eat there and order a PowerAde thinking they are drinking something healthy and it will help them lose weight....it's just as bad as coke when your not active. As for Powerade and Gatorade....I think a lot of people drink this as empty calories that they THINK make them athletic.

I feel you. People are always bitching about how much soda I drink all the time while they drink some powerade or diet soda or something and Im just like "I ride my bike 5 days a week, I can eat or drink what I want" Granted, I could be in better shape if I ate right, but Im not nor do i intend to ever be an elite athlete. Just cause somebody drinks thier water out of a Nalgene bottle dont make them healthy. Just cause Gatorade commercials show people in peak athletic form doesnt mean its a weight loss device. People buy into marketing so much its retarded.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Or fry up a couple of eggs before you leave home and throw them on a piece of toast. That takes no time and is even cheaper.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Echo said:
Or your lazy ass could pour some cereal and milk into a bowl.

Or you could get the monster pack of Nature Valley granola bars for under $4.00, which equates to about 17 cents per breakfast. Or 33 cents if you're extra hungry and eat 2.
I cant even eat before noon. I save money by not eating breakfast at all. :thumb:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BurlySurly said:
I swear to god Im gonna stab my thumbs off If i hear one more commercial like this. McDonalds is driving me crazy with this "Im lovin' it" urban marketing scheme. Ive seen like 5 commercials where some random person is bitching at no one about staying away from their chicken. I could seriously get the point after 1 maybe two commercials, but why make like 15 that are exactly the same (save ethnic grouping)? Im not a fast food hater, but this is gettting more annoying then the whole "Dr. Scholls " IM GELLIN" thing. :mumble:
Hahahahaha...nice to see I'm not the only one set off so easily.

If that milktoast oaf in the commercial were truly "gellin' like a felon", he'd be slugging down pine sol and chasing it with drano just to kill the pain of his daily ass rape!

The chicken selects idiots are already hearing voices, so they're only about one Monday Night game away from sitting in loaded britches and rattling Campbell's Soup cans at passing strangers...

Simms

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
summit county Colorado
BurlySurly said:
People are always bitching about how much soda I drink all the time while they drink some powerade or diet soda or something and Im just like "I ride my bike 5 days a week, I can eat or drink what I want" Granted, I could be in better shape if I ate right, but Im not nor do i intend to ever be an elite athlete.

Agreed. I'm not in top athletic shape myself. and I Drink soda also. From the abuse I do to my muscles and body when I ride, hike or paddle....I turn around and I feed my body the nutrients and protein it deserves to be healthy and youthful. So that I can continue to be active and comfortable while doing what I love. People don't realize you are what you eat.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Simms said:
Wait a second, you're saying that corn syrup won't make me a better athelete or help me lose weight?!?!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
llkoolkeg said:
Hahahahaha...nice to see I'm not the only one set off so easily.

If that milktoast oaf in the commercial were truly "gellin' like a felon", he'd be slugging down pine sol and chasing it with drano just to kill the pain of his daily ass rape!

The chicken selects idiots are already hearing voices, so they're only about one Monday Night game away from sitting in loaded britches and rattling Campbell's Soup cans at passing strangers...
That makes 3 of us - I got so pissed after hearing that stupid McD's commercial for the 5th time that I now change the radio station every time I begin to hear one. It's amazing to me that much of the marketing out there today works - it scares me to think about how many stupid people are out there, wearing their Orange County Choppers attire, hung over from the rocky mountain piss-water (Coors) they drank the night before during their "Guys Night Out", chomping on their Chicken Selects -(ahh yea...I'm lovin' it!) while driving around in their new International monstrosity (see VV's post earlier - no offense VV), all the while listening to some d!ck DJ rattle on about how whatever football team sucks, blah,blah,blah...

I want to create bumper stickers with the "Fear This" font - that say "Fear Herd Mentality"

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It's an art that takes lots of practice, but...

try channel surfing during commercials. Some TVs even have timers you can use to "remind" you to go back to the program you were initially watching.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
It's an art that takes lots of practice, but...

try channel surfing during commercials. Some TVs even have timers you can use to "remind" you to go back to the program you were initially watching.
ha, I always do that and end up watching like 8 different shows....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
it scares me to think about how many stupid people are out there, wearing their Orange County Choppers attire, hung over from the rocky mountain piss-water (Coors) they drank the night before during their "Guys Night Out", chomping on their Chicken Selects -(ahh yea...I'm lovin' it!) while driving around in their new International monstrosity (see VV's post earlier - no offense VV), all the while listening to some d!ck DJ rattle on about how whatever football team sucks, blah,blah,blah...
Uh no, see you're different than me, cause IM not on some high horse thinking that the clothes I wear, the beer i drink, the car I choose to drive makes me somehow superior to the rest of society. Your "Herd Mentality" is also described as "Culture" fella. Granted, I was making fun of a stupid marketing scheme, but not the way a major part of society chooses to live. Just because you dont think its cool doesnt mean you shouldnt respect it. People who drink coors, watch football on sundays and save up to buy choppers and SUVs are the heart and soul of this country and economy. I dont dig your attitude toward it.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I hear ya man. I hate McDonalds. I let my kid eat there once a year. I don't watch TV either. It's to the point where all the reality shows and media drives me mad. All the media has to portray is negative sh*t. Bringing us down is what they're all about. Murder this, bad that, chaos this, it's insanity. Turn it off. I don't even allow the news to be on in my home. I rent movies and watch Orange country choppers and Nova. That's it. TV is EVIL. McDonalds is even eviler. I won't eat any of their SH*T. I hope every McDonalds in the united states falls into the Earth and gets covered with molten lava and hardened.
Knuck
:mumble:

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
I dont dig your attitude toward it.
I don't dig your inability to maintain constant usage of apostrophes, but I didn't hammer you on it. :D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco-gringo said:
I don't dig your inability to maintain constant usage of apostrophes, but I didn't hammer you on it. :D
apostrophes can be left out for internet message board purposes when forming contractions cause they dont change any meaning. only bothers me when people mess up possessiveness apostrophes. get a clue or a life or something before I own you again and put it in my sig.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm getting sick of every thread turning into an English class. I mean, there are people whose posts are annoyingly unreadable, but BurlySurly is not one of those people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I'm getting sick of every thread turning into an English class. I mean, there are people whose posts are annoyingly unreadable, but BurlySurly is not one of those people.
funny sometimes mine are pretty bad but nobody says anything....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you would hate my job. I have to see THOUSANDS of commercials all day, but I have this uncanny skill of tuning things out. Nothing really seems to bother me in that respect. I just slip into TN Land & all is good.

& BS...it doesnt matter how much excercise you get. Cokes are BAD. A 12 oz. can of Coke is like eating 12 teaspoons full of sugar (refined sugar at that). :dead:
i'm not tryin' to be preachy....I'm just sayin'. :)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
TN said:
& BS...it doesnt matter how much excercise you get. Cokes are BAD. A 12 oz. can of Coke is like eating 12 teaspoons full of sugar (refined sugar at that). :dead:
i'm not tryin' to be preachy....I'm just sayin'. :)
Dude, I know they're "bad" or whatever, but its not like Im at all fat or have an irregular heartbeat or something. Long as youre active enough, I really dont think it matters. Sure, I could cut down, but then life just wouldnt taste as fizzy-stingy good.

J

JRB

Echo said:

It's all I got. Sheesh. It's a joke anyway. :dead:

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
BurlySurly said:
Uh no, see you're different than me, cause IM not on some high horse thinking that the clothes I wear, the beer i drink, the car I choose to drive makes me somehow superior to the rest of society. Your "Herd Mentality" is also described as "Culture" fella. Granted, I was making fun of a stupid marketing scheme, but not the way a major part of society chooses to live. Just because you dont think its cool doesnt mean you shouldnt respect it. People who drink coors, watch football on sundays and save up to buy choppers and SUVs are the heart and soul of this country and economy. I dont dig your attitude toward it.
No high horse here. Somehow, after reading your post, it makes me happy to know that you "dont dig" (sic) my attitude.

And, for the record, clothes, cars, etc... don't make the person - thanks, big guy, for restating my point.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
apostrophes can be left out for internet message board purposes when forming contractions cause they dont change any meaning. only bothers me when people mess up possessiveness apostrophes. get a clue or a life or something before I own you again and put it in my sig.
I think I liked when you were moving. :nuts: :D

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
s1ngletrack said:
No high horse here. Somehow, after reading your post, it makes me happy to know that you "dont dig" (sic) my attitude.

And, for the record, clothes, cars, etc... don't make the person - thanks, big guy, for restating my point.

Cool.

Have fun with your hemp necklaces and berkenstocks.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
Dude, I know they're "bad" or whatever, but its not like Im at all fat or have an irregular heartbeat or something. Long as youre active enough, I really dont think it matters. Sure, I could cut down, but then life just wouldnt taste as fizzy-stingy good.

I was like 145 until I was 26. I could eat anything. Now I am nearly 33 and should weigh 175 or 180. I weigh 195 - 200. I blame all the stupid schit I used to eat. Still eat some of it.

fr-rider

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
BurlySurly said:
You haven't killed your self, yet... :eviltongu