Quantcast

you guys might enjoy this, too...especially you working moms...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the Inbred said:
The answer to the single-parent predicament is: 1) don't get divorced, especially if you have kids, and 2 ) don't have sex before you get married, bringing children into the world you are unprepared to correctly care for.

Don't hate her for speaking the truth.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
the Inbred said:
i think her "truth" also assumes abusive relationships don't exist, either.
While I agree, you can't deny though that people seem to leap in and out of marriages pretty freely....

But I'm sure Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise will B 2gether 4ever

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
riderx said:
She sounds like a genius. Go to school for many years for your bach. and masters degrees, spend lots of money on them and then only use them for 2-3 years :rolleyes:
DINGDINGDING!! WE HAVE A WINNAR!!

who does this broad think is going to pay for her tens of thousands of dollars in undergrad and postgrad college loans?! she doesnt seem to be in touch with reality in any form.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
luken8r said:
DINGDINGDING!! WE HAVE A WINNAR!!

who does this broad think is going to pay for her tens of thousands of dollars in undergrad and postgrad college loans?! she doesnt seem to be in touch with reality in any form.
She was probably raised with a silver spoon. No loans.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Don't hate her for speaking the truth.
My parents stayed together longer because of us kids. Let me tell it was not a good thing at all, we were all better off when they were divorced. Any my parents were good parents, my mother was the best.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
She screwed up that second part though. It should read:

2 ) Don't bring children into the world you are unprepared to correctly care for.

Period. :mad: The premarital sex part has *nothing* to do with anything.

Really? Where do kids to single mothers come from then?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Let's fast forward a few years...she will find her man and put her plan into action. This will be no problem, us men is really dumb when it comes to chicks, especially if she's at all hot. Anyway, the kid will be born, the dad will grow bitter about how he works all day to pay the bills (including her student loans), while she whines about how the house is too small, it is too windy to go to the beach, and she can't find a purse she likes at the mall. When the kid finally goes to school, the dad will tell her to get her ass to work, she'll say she can't get a job without going back to school. Not sure what happens after that - ask me in a year or two if I haven't faked my own death.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
N8 said:
Really? Where do kids to single mothers come from then?
People that weren't given access to, or education about, birth control thanks to head-in-the-sand high-horse fantasy-land conservatives.

There. If that doesn't get this thread moved, I give up.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
ohio said:
People that weren't given access to, or education about, birth control thanks to head-in-the-sand high-horse fantasy-land conservatives.

Seatbelts are really unnecessary since everybody ought to know how to drive.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
ohio said:

well under the 'guise' of sex education you pinkos also want to discuss my two mommies with 1st graders and hand out condoms to 6th graders so there

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
ridetoofast said:
hand out condoms to 6th graders so there
As well they should.

In rural Ohio, growing up, the first two peers I knew of having sex were in 7th grade, and from devout Christian families. The girl I would even say was god-fearing (not so much with the guy...). What do you think the chances are they used a condom?
Those were the ones I KNEW of... I'm sure there were 6th grade girls screwing older guys.

Where I grew up, we had minimal sex ed and a whole lotta church. My county had the highest teen pregnancy in the state. There were close to a dozen girls walking around my highschool pregnant my senior year (which was no different than any other year), and I'm sure a multiple of that who had abortions before finishing highschool. I'm going through my head recounting the pastor's/preacher's kids I knew, and ALL of them (5 that I can think of) had pre-marital sex. One got a girl pregant and dumped her, claiming it wasn't his. Another got pregnant, raised the kid on her own with her parents' help, didn't go to college.

These weren't idiots (well, not all of them). They were good students, top athletes, the same kids that DID manage to abstain from alcohol and tobacco in school. But when it came to sex, well, teenagers are horny and unlike alcohol you know what you're missing whether you've tried it or not.

We're talking Footloose country here. If you can't make abstinence work in my home town (with God, fire and brimstone, or just plain common sense), you can't make it work anywhere.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ohio said:
<snip>

Where I grew up, we had minimal sex ed and a whole lotta church. My county had the highest teen pregnancy in the state. There were close to a dozen girls walking around my highschool pregnant my senior year
Sounds like you wuz brought up in Redneck country, eh? :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't have kids. Maybe I should get some so I can have something to contribute. :think:

Seriously, the woman who wrote that letter is offensive in her stereotypes and generalizations. I can only imagine how the women feel.

It's interesting that nobody has mentioned location, which can have a huge effect on the cost of living as well as how much intellectual and cultural stimulation the kids will get. I know people who decided to raise their kids in urban locations, even though it means needing two incomes, because they think their kids will be exposed to a lot more diversity and be better for it.