You have got to be kidding me.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Look at this from Cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/08/11/halfton.man.ap/index.html

========================
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota (AP) -- A man who once weighed more than half a ton has lost 321 pounds under the care of a team of doctors and hopes to lose 450 pounds more.

Patrick Deuel, 42, of Valentine, Nebraska, weighed 1,072 pounds when he was admitted to Sioux Falls' Avera McKennan Hospital eight weeks ago. Deuel, who is just under 6 feet tall, is on a 1,200 calorie-a-day diet.

"If we hadn't gotten him here, he'd be dead now," said Fred Harris, Deuel's lead doctor.

The former restaurant manager has been bedridden since last fall. He has battled heart failure, thyroid problems, diabetes, pulmonary hypertension and arthritis, and needed help just to roll over in bed.

"Until recently, I wasn't able to see any light at the end of the tunnel," he said Monday from his hospital bed.

A group known as the League of Human Dignity helped arrange for Deuel to be driven to a local livestock scale, where he could be weighed.

According to the Guinness World Records Web site, the record for heaviest man in the world is 1,397 pounds, held by Jon Brower Minnoch of Bainbridge, Washington, who died in 1983.

Deuel, who has battled weight problems all his life and blames his condition in part on genetics, said it took months to find a hospital. Hospitals closer to his home balked at admitting him, he said.

"I got scared because I couldn't help him anymore, and I didn't know who would help him," said his wife, Edith.

Harris said Deuel's care could cost millions of dollars, much of which the hospital may have to cover. Officials found a special ambulance, and hospital workers joined two beds to accommodate Deuel.

One of Deuel's goals is to walk out of the hospital. He also wants to go to a Nebraska Cornhuskers football game, and just take a walk with his wife.

"Even though he's faced negativity all these years, he's not a negative person," Edith Deuel said. "He's almost always been able to stay bubbly and make jokes and be happy."

==========================

kill me if i ever get like that

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i just dont get it, "he blames his condition in part on genetics, said it took months to find a hospital" bullshlt we are not talking about a god damn cow here this is a human their weights do not get up into the thousands. How could you let yourself go like that, can you imagine the skin that he is going to have hanging all over the place??

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
manhattanprjkt83 said:
blah blah blah.... can you imagine the skin that he is going to have hanging all over the place??

if he's smart, he'll sell it. like burn victims and stuff could probably use it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
He's like the Elephant man but instead of poor bone structure he's stuffed with super sized big mac meals.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
What I don't get is...in order to get that heavy wouldnt you have to consume thousands of calories per day? Now he's on a 1200 caloried diet? Wouldn't that pretty much starve the guy to death? Shouldn't they sort of start him off on more calories and gradually lower the caloried count? I remember when I found out I was diabetic I would have hypo-glycemic reactions at 90-100 and that is an ideal range...but my bs levels were accustomed to being so high that it felt like it was terribly low.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
What I don't get is...in order to get that heavy wouldnt you have to consume thousands of calories per day? Now he's on a 1200 caloried diet? Wouldn't that pretty much starve the guy to death? Shouldn't they sort of start him off on more calories and gradually lower the caloried count? I remember when I found out I was diabetic I would have hypo-glycemic reactions at 90-100 and that is an ideal range...but my bs levels were accustomed to being so high that it felt like it was terribly low.
That would be ironic if he starved to death!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Damn right...cuz then he could work with me so I would know ALL the lyrics to Celito Lindo instead of just AYE AYE AYE AAAAYYYEEEEE! Thanks to a gentleman at work who is from Mexico, I at least can request the song by name now instead of having to sing that line...
bwahhhhhhhh NICE!
I wonder how big of a hat this guy would need to wear.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
That would be ironic if he starved to death!!

Well...I would think if his body was used to ingesting 6,500 calories a day...I'm gonna guess its somewhere in that neighborhood, you just don't get that fat or maintain 1000+ pounds on a 2000 calorie diet...his body is not used to that...its such a drastic difference, that I bet hes starving...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm not a very religious person but man is seems like all the problems in the world today (mostly the US)consist of one of the 7 deadly sins.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
i thought the part bout the human dignitty place taking him to a livestalk scale. haha. they probly had to use a flatbed. thatd be awesome to see. a fat guy strapped to the back of a flatbed truck rolling down the freeway

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bhspec03 said:
i thought the part bout the human dignitty place taking him to a livestalk scale. haha. they probly had to use a flatbed. thatd be awesome to see. a fat guy strapped to the back of a flatbed truck rolling down the freeway
Are you a writer for South Park Episodes?

Oh man if he had a sombrero too....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
bhspec03 said:

hahaha! Or they took him in one of those trucks they use to haul the cows in to the slaughter house.

i don't think you have much dignity left when you weigh 1072 lbs...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Check out this tale...

:eek:

:dead:

600-Pound Woman Dies After Being Surgically Removed From Couch
August 11, 2004

STUART, Fla. -- A dramatic rescue ended tragically in Stuart, Florida, a rescue so difficult firefighters say they have never seen anything like it.

It happened late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning at the home of a 600-pound woman who was having trouble breathing. Rescuers went in not knowing how difficult it would be to get her out. 40-year-old Gail Grinds was literally stuck to her couch and had to be removed surgically at the hospital.

Authorities estimate she had been on the couch anywhere from two to five years.

Martin County Fire amd Rescue crews faced what seemed to be an impossible mission. Everyone going inside had to wear protective gear. The stench was so powerful they had to blast in fresh air.

They tried to cut out the front door, but at four-and-a-half feet wide, it wouldn't work. They had to cut plywood since a normal stretcher wouldn't do.

An ambulance was too small, so they brought in a trailer to get her out. While rescue crews came up with a back-door rescue plan, detectives secured what had become a crime scene, questioning family members about how it got so bad.

Using planks, they loaded the woman on to the trailer, still attached to the couch. Removing her would be too painful, since her body is grafted to the fabric. After years of staying put, her skin has literally become one with the sofa and it must be surgically removed.

Detectives are investigating whether they have a case of neglect, or if it is simply a very sad story.

Grinds was taken to the Martin Memorial hospital where doctors removed her from the couch, but she died in spite of all the attempts to save her life.

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
N8 said:
Check out this tale...

August 11, 2004

STUART, Fla. -- A dramatic rescue ended tragically in Stuart, Florida, a rescue so difficult firefighters say they have never seen anything like it.

It happened late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning at the home of a 600-pound woman who was having trouble breathing. Rescuers went in not knowing how difficult it would be to get her out. 40-year-old Gail Grinds was literally stuck to her couch and had to be removed surgically at the hospital.

Martin County Fire amd Rescue crews faced what seemed to be an impossible mission. Everyone going inside had to wear protective gear. The stench was so powerful they had to blast in fresh air.

They tried to cut out the front door, but at four-and-a-half feet wide, it wouldn't work. They had to cut plywood since a normal stretcher wouldn't do.

An ambulance was too small, so they brought in a trailer to get her out. While rescue crews came up with a back-door rescue plan, detectives secured what had become a crime scene, questioning family members about how it got so bad.

Using planks, they loaded the woman on to the trailer, still attached to the couch. Removing her would be too painful, since her body is grafted to the fabric. After years of staying put, her skin has literally become one with the sofa and it must be surgically removed.

Detectives are investigating whether they have a case of neglect, or if it is simply a very sad story.

Grinds was taken to the Martin Memorial hospital where doctors removed her from the couch, but she died in spite of all the attempts to save her life.
omg. if thats true, then i dont see how its possible.

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
N8 said:
Check out this tale...

August 11, 2004

that too is ****ed up. oh and btw when the worlds fatest man died they had to cut a huge hole in the side of his house and bring him out with a fork lift