Quantcast

You just don't F*** with XC..........baby.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Conditions were horrid the weather man said occasional showers, welp it showered on me and my bikey on both occasions i went riding. Like i always say you cannot be "one" with the trail if you don't know what it tastes like.

Went to Galbraith and rode some XC with some pals on Saturday,and i must say it's always inviting to see someone launch off a log drop with a Specialized Epic.(yes of course it's bigger than the pic makes it look :))

Of course when you are about to ride a trail called "Kung-Fu Theater" you gotta warm up before you shred it with much ruthlessness. Wonderful bikey-fu form, i'm so proud of them all. :)

Technical XC riding is pretty durned fun, and i was sad to leave. For even though the riding was outstanding and very spiritually enlightining, i was still incomplete....

Well in order to solve my quandary over not being completely fulfilled i rode with Serial Midget and his pal at Capitol Forest this wet Sunday morn. And of course it poured on us. :)

And after a hard grueling exhaustive two days of riding Master Sensei Serial Midget taught me a valuable lesson in mt. biking. And that lesson is......

you just don't f*** with XC.........................
baby.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I heard that in xc racing for 2005 they are going to be adding 50' drops. Your thoughts on this? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Rip said:
I heard that in xc racing for 2005 they are going to be adding 50' drops. Your thoughts on this? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
That's XC Racing not "XC"

XC Racing is a sport....

"XC" is a way of life.

Get with the program already......;)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The guy we rode with today is John Smith <honest> an all around cool guy who has better things to do then ham for the camera. After only seven miles of trails his seatpost bolt snapped - :eek: luckily he was not injured. A seat post up your ass is never a good idea. Anyhow were were still 5 miles from the closest road and it was all climb. He climbed out standing as best he could pedaling all but the muddiest parts and and then pedaled and additional 7 miles of fireroad and pavement until we got back to camp. His quads are gonna be toast for days.

I would have used the cellphone for a rescue helicoptor... :cool:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
After only seven miles of trails his seatpost bolt snapped - :eek: luckily he was not injured.
Kind of like when i asked you to put my glasses in my bag and you wound up breaking them.
i know now you just wanted me to not "see" the trail, but "be one" with the trail. Man you truly are the Master Sensei. ;)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Thanks for the laugh at work. I needed that. Nice cut and paste job Tim. That is too funny! Ethan cracks me up! :thumb:
Thursday at Tiger-can you make it? Probably meet in the parking lot around 5:45. Let me know.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Thanks for the laugh at work. I needed that. Nice cut and paste job Tim. That is too funny! Ethan cracks me up! :thumb:
Thursday at Tiger-can you make it? Probably meet in the parking lot around 5:45. Let me know.
I thought Tiger was on Wedesday and Seatac on Thursday? :confused:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
No who's on first what's on second Tiger is on third and Seatac is an airport. :p
:p

Hey I forgot to thank ya for the clip bolt on Saturday! I would have had some issues if I didn't fix it.

Thanks!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
:p

Hey I forgot to thank ya for the clip bolt on Saturday! I would have had some issues if I didn't fix it.

Thanks!
Oh yah no problemo i'd keep a whole damn bike in my camelbak if i could fit it in there. :cool:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
looks like you have a cool crew to ride with & looks like yall always have fun. :thumb:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
MUTOLI said:
We should be there around 5:45ish.
cool, i will be there, then.

who else is going today, wednesday the 9th at 5:45ish?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
pnj said:
cool, i will be there, then.

who else is going today, wednesday the 9th at 5:45ish?
Change of plans unfortunetly...The forecast is rain...so I rode out at Tape last night knowing I wouldn't be able to ride tonight. Darn weather....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
MUTOLI said:
Change of plans unfortunetly...The forecast is rain...so I rode out at Tape last night knowing I wouldn't be able to ride tonight. Darn weather....

what? your not going riding because it's raining?

you should move back to california or where ever your from. :rolleyes: :D

Skooks, I have jury duty so I may be a tad later then 5:45ish but maybe not....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
cool you should do S.Seatac tomorrow too. i know how to make XC fun there... Take 509 Burien Freeway and you avoid alot of traffic....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
pnj said:
what? your not going riding because it's raining?

you should move back to california or where ever your from. :rolleyes: :D

Skooks, I have jury duty so I may be a tad later then 5:45ish but maybe not....
I ride rain or shine.. But I don't feel like hitting Tiger when it is really wet out like I did last week. It isn't worth the gas money and running around to get there in time to ride..... :mad: I would rather go right down the road and ride at Tape and thorned up instead.... :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
MUTOLI said:
I ride rain or shine.. But I don't feel like hitting Tiger when it is really wet out like I did last week. It isn't worth the gas money and running around to get there in time to ride..... :mad: I would rather go right down the road and ride at Tape and thorned up instead.... :D
I can dig it, it was pretty wet on Monday when I was up there, prolly gunna be pretty wet today as well..... :cool: