Quantcast

$&You Know the Drill Saturday&$

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i had been wondering for the last couple years if joe had died....then i get a email bout a new record dropping monday and all is right in the world..

20190907_093106.jpg

heehaw....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going to insert some grease into, what I hope is, a creaking bolt on my bike. Eat breakfast and then head out for a ride.

Got my rear wheel back from the wheel guy last night. He invited us up to his condo for a beer and let us fiddle with some Onyx and Industry Nine Hydra hubs. Very nice, very nice. Very cool dude. Hopefully can take him out for a ride soon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tires rotated on Subaru. Went to change the oil and everything is torqued to hell. Had Subaru do it last time because it was free. Took me 15min to get the filter off I finally got the torque wrench out because I wanted to see just how tight it was. It was 75% tighter that Subaru recommends and they have different specs for turbo vs non, so it's clearly important.

Debating calling the service manager to let him know the torque specs for both the pan bolt (double) and filter (+75%) were super high and are the reason I won't be going back to their shop, because if they can't get that right, how can I expect them to get aluminum blocks right. What should have been a perk to keep me coming actually cemented me not going back and likely looking at a different dealer when we buy Wifey's next car.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I won stuff exercising! Ran a 10K in 42:29, which I'm happy with after being injured all fucking summer. I was 3rd place overall in the race and won my age group, the latter of which won me a $25 gift card to Dick's. Like, a straight $25 gift card too, not one of those deals where Dick's gives you a coupon that you can't use on anything. The overall winner of the race was a chick, which doesn't happen very often and is cool to see, and it was no contest.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey dropped a bomb yesterday that I'm still laughing at. I was listening to a VM on speaker for a participant at who was complaining that her plan didn't have any "investments without large global corporations destroying our environment" and "I don't understand why I don't have the choice to invest my money how I want to" in the most whiney, 'I'm from a rich white family' voice ever.

I had to listen to it a few times to get the details I needed and she comes storming in from the other room with a "you self-righteous, millennial bitch..." Then goes into a tangent rant. I damn near fell out of my chair and have been periodically busting up laughing since. Monkey's that know her will probably find it damn near as amusing as me, because that's completely against her normal personality.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I rode Mountain Lion as threatened. Lots of hiker traffic this morning, and 3 bikers out ahead of me on the trail—I was debating 1 or 2 sets of tire tracks on the climb since the rain last night but was wrong on both. Wet roots + somewhat wet rocks make for different line choices than usual!

Tomorrow: Mountain Lion again, or Mule Deer if a somewhat newb comes along as well.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Went mt biking on my first day off work or helping my wife with her horse in 6 weeks. I got my ass kicked. My legs are wiped, pegged my heart rate more than a few times. Covered 10.5 miles, 1200' of climbing in 1.5 hours. Now sitting in the back yard, dry salt crustys all over me, drinking a beer with a shit eating grin on my face.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Unbeknownst to me and the rest of the Art Hood, there is a biker festival on the next street over from my studio. My customers won't come down here if there are biker gangs wandering around. Yeah, as in Hell's Angels.

Could have made better use of daylight. Hmph...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wifey dropped a bomb yesterday that I'm still laughing at. I was listening to a VM on speaker for a participant at who was complaining that her plan didn't have any "investments without large global corporations destroying our environment" and "I don't understand why I don't have the choice to invest my money how I want to" in the most whiney, 'I'm from a rich white family' voice ever.

I had to listen to it a few times to get the details I needed and she comes storming in from the other room with a "you self-righteous, millennial bitch..." Then goes into a tangent rant. I damn near fell out of my chair and have been periodically busting up laughing since. Monkey's that know her will probably find it damn near as amusing as me, because that's completely against her normal personality.
Have impossible burger and beyond meat listed their IPO’s yet?

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
Sitting at the Dirty Ron’s ( Macdonalds) airport in Hong Kong about to fly out to Mainland China. And as I eat my Mcmuffin I am trying to work out how they get get them to taste the same no matter where in the world they are made and the ingredients are source.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fuckin’ NOOB eBay putzes.
Dude won an item Friday night at 9, sends me a message today all pissed off that it didn’t ship yet, and called me a fraud...the PO here in JH (83001) doesn’t ship out anything on Saturdays.
eBay supposedly sent him a message explaining things (and that I have two business days to complete the shipment), but still...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Another day in Paradise (Mom and calf with fresh antlers)

IMG_20190907_163640687.jpg

Meh, I should be biking there instead (#sad trombone, Two Top CDT...)

IMG_20190907_165136534.jpg

No dogs, (unusual) rocks or pizzas were seen (0 permij for me...)
IMG_20190907_171716732_HDR.jpg

This place is just filthy with swamp donkeys (another cow/calf pair...)

IMG_20190907_172634738_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

@Brian HCM#1 I find your reaction somewhat funny and misdirected, because she's a super liberal person from Santa Cruz. She works for a certified B-Corp.

This girl's not understanding that buying stock in a corporation doesn't mean you are putting money into growing that company; your money isn't going into the company itself; it's assuming it will continue to profit. Wifey's reaction was moreso about the whineyness of tone and the "rich, suburban white girl" accent (you know, the one your kids have).

It's not because she's a Fox following, Trump loving, self-centered ass. This girl was upset that she couldn't do MORE to help the planet by avoiding companies that are focusing on profits over survivability. Not walking around saying 'fuck you' to everyone not themselves.

You might find it funny because she's someone who is empathetic, unlike your self-centered, Trump-loving ass, who really does only care about themselves, fuck everyone else.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
... your money isn't going into the company itself...

...she couldn't do MORE to help the planet
I think we have a tiny bit of money in Domini funds (still) which is supposedly more earth friendly investing, but it underperforms vs the "bad" funds (gas/tobacco/Hallibuton) and any financial advisor would suggest maximizing our return and donating to causes with the extra return...

But it's my wife's deal, I have no illusion of it ever making anything hence the Idaho fixer uppers/rentals (eventual retirement income)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think we have a tiny bit of money in Domini funds (still) which is supposedly more earth friendly investing, but it underperforms vs the "bad" funds (gas/tobacco/Hallibuton) and any financial advisor would suggest maximizing our return and donating to causes with the extra return...

But it's my wife's deal, I have no illusion of it ever making anything hence the Idaho fixer uppers/rentals (eventual retirement income)
Socially conscious funds always underperforme. Your FA is correct and that's the conversation I will be having on Monday.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In Boise. Looks like a city of hipsters. :think:
But you know you’re in Boise specifically because the streets are extra wide, because fuck all transportation modalities that aren’t 4 wheeled and gas powered, right?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
@Brian HCM#1 I find your reaction somewhat funny and misdirected, because she's a super liberal person from Santa Cruz. She works for a certified B-Corp.

This girl's not understanding that buying stock in a corporation doesn't mean you are putting money into growing that company; your money isn't going into the company itself; it's assuming it will continue to profit. Wifey's reaction was moreso about the whineyness of tone and the "rich, suburban white girl" accent (you know, the one your kids have).

It's not because she's a Fox following, Trump loving, self-centered ass. This girl was upset that she couldn't do MORE to help the planet by avoiding companies that are focusing on profits over survivability. Not walking around saying 'fuck you' to everyone not themselves.

You might find it funny because she's someone who is empathetic, unlike your self-centered, Trump-loving ass, who really does only care about themselves, fuck everyone else.
WOW Mark, that's kind of a dick comment towards me! It really is amazing to me about how the extreme left has zero tolerance towards ones beliefs if it does not fit their agenda. Sorry, I found that comment funny. I guess I had investing backwards all along. I try to invest in companies that will make me money not lose. Very sad, you stereotype someone for whom they support, but I guess that the way the left is going these days, still curled up in the fetal position just because Trump won.

FYI, my wife is half Hispanic who came from nothing, her parents divorced when she was 6, her mother was in several abusive relationships where her mom was beaten in front of her. She was the first person in her family to put herself through college & graduate, never had anything ever handed to her. She's worked her ass off to get to where she's at today, she's one of the most compassionate people I know, always puts herself last & never judges.

Just curious, how do you know I'm self centered? Do we just assume because I like Trump, that I am? Shouldn't one get to know a person, before they make judgments?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WOW Mark, that's kind of a dick comment towards me! It really is amazing to me about how the extreme left has zero tolerance towards ones beliefs if it does not fit their agenda. Sorry, I found that comment funny. I guess I had investing backwards all along. I try to invest in companies that will make me money not lose. Very sad, you stereotype someone for whom they support, but I guess that the way the left is going these days, still curled up in the fetal position just because Trump won.

FYI, my wife is half Hispanic who came from nothing, her parents divorced when she was 6, her mother was in several abusive relationships where her mom was beaten in front of her. She was the first person in her family to put herself through college & graduate, never had anything ever handed to her. She's worked her ass off to get to where she's at today, she's one of the most compassionate people I know, always puts herself last & never judges.

Just curious, how do you know I'm self centered? Do we just assume because I like Trump, that I am? Shouldn't one get to know a person, before they make judgments?
I know most of these things Brian. I said it because you have made comments accordingly over the past ~20 years. Broad stroke on my part, yes. My apologies for the scale of the scope, but given your historical comments and finding amusement in a corresponding comment, flip that context the other way and how would you react?

And there is a A LOT of irony in the entirety of your statement given the party and man you support. Given their goal of eliminating support for people who need it, only promoting the extremely wealthy (which nobody on this site is), and a large swath wanting to both negate the value of the voting power of (see voter suppression in most red states) and effectively eliminate brown people from the US if they had the opportunity (read the fucking news that isn't Breitbart or Fox).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Well, I am Jewish and everyone is well aware that Trump hates the Jews. Well that's what the media says, so it must be true.
Trump loves idiot evangelical Christians who love Israel because they see it as their personal path to redemption. Trump does not love critical thinking American Jews who actually support things like human rights for peoples of all shades, a group that apparently excludes you.