Quantcast

πππππ Wednesday gtm ∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Meeting up later for the regular Wednesday ride. Since I don't have my own car I will ride out to the trail which should take 30min. If too boring I can take a train too but going for the extra miles in the legs.

Besides that it's the same old looking for work, cooking some food and drinking some more coffee.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I got tricked, old man got out of his rehab this morning, he still needs two sticks to walk but looks okay.
Tonight he said he needed help, turned out help was pumping the tires up on mom's bike and helping him ride a bike, fuckwitt, hahaha!
IMG_20230913_191148.jpg

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
French Press all the humphs.
I’m right there with ya pal. Supposed to be sunny and cooler today. I shall take that as a sign to go ride DuPont State Forest. I don’t ride there much because it gets crowded and I tend to like more backcountry Pisgah rides. However, a weekday should be acceptable.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’m right there with ya pal. Supposed to be sunny and cooler today. I shall take that as a sign to go ride DuPont State Forest. I don’t ride there much because it gets crowded and I tend to like more backcountry Pisgah rides. However, a weekday should be acceptable.
Seasonal stuff opens soon. Butter all the way to Cat Gap. :rockout: Perfect timing for @Full Trucker’s visit.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Plumber coming over this morning to address some things I'm not comfortable doing myself, then a couple more showings.

I really need to get out and get some exercise. 1 bike ride in the last 3 weeks is all I've done and I'm definitely stressed out and probably getting fat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Late to bed early to rise makes one tired.

Drywall guy did indeed finish yesterday, did a damn good job too. Threw him 25% of the quoted price as a bonus, to say he was excited is an understatement.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got tricked, old man got out of his rehab this morning, he still needs two sticks to walk but looks okay.
Tonight he said he needed help, turned out help was pumping the tires up on mom's bike and helping him ride a bike, fuckwitt, hahaha!
View attachment 200491
Like father, like son!

Thats pretty good for having just breaking his femur a few weeks ago. Tell him to watch out for those pesky curbs!

Did he get a metal rod put in?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

not working today save for moonlighting (already did some for the nominal 5-7 am hours and will do some post 5 pm again).

I shall ride my mountain bike later today. :) first off road ride I'm permitting myself since my meniscus repair 12 weeks ago. the surgeon would have me wait a bit more but it is time.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Like father, like son!

Thats pretty good for having just breaking his femur a few weeks ago. Tell him to watch out for those pesky curbs!

Did he get a metal rod put in?
Yeah I was thinking it was a bit like dealing with me when I'm drunk.

Yeah it was a diagonal break with a few small splinters, he had a plate put in and a pin in his hip the next day, he even jagged a good surgeon so he stayed in the public hospital until rehab time.

He was so happy that he got to ride, the gearing on mom's bike will be low enough that an E-bike won't be needed. It will be good to see it get used, I chucked a fair whack of money at it and she hasn't ridden it, it's a bummer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
greetings and salutations....

there is a cinnamon raisin bagel around here with my name on it....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ugh, my sleep schedule is wacked. I'm not incredibly sick, I just feel like shit. COVID is like a level 7 man flu. The wife was a mess, I'm just an asshole. But I will still take a few days because why not.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So the back pain I’ve been dealing with seems largely driven by hamstring tightness on the left leg. As an added bonus I now seem to have developed a painful callus/corn on the same leg. You know, since my gait is off.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
congrats, 'squeeb. that's got to be a mental load off your, er, head? back?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Still sick after 9 days. Tried some trailbuilding yesterday, not smrt. Bought a sinuses rinsing kit. That should be a hoot!!