Quantcast

‽‽‽ turdsday ‽‽‽

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Easy day today and my new frame has been posted, hopefully the floods don't hold it up too much.
A new Renthal ring and some Ergon GE1 Evos showed up today.
I almost bought some Box cranks thinking that they were for MTBs but they have a 44mm chainline.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DUDE rofl! I have logged my obligatory two days in the office this week and now will be home for the next five days. I will never stop thanking the pandemic for this.

@canadmos good luck....hope you're feeling better soon!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
day 11 of working 12 straight days.. oh joy

At least I got a whole bunch of chores done yesterday afternoon and made some kick ass tacos

Today will be spent transporting people out in the Delta, nice break in the routine.

I guess I should finish my espresso, rustle up some grub and hit the road.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
made some really tasty fajitas last night. peppers, tomato, and jalapeno all from the garden. made the sauce from scratch for the first time, definitely won't be the last.

got the second and last batch of poblanos in the dehydrator too. next up will be pickling the jalapenos.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
30 degrees this nipply morn here at 7k feet, now that I have had my way with colorado I will pull out in the morn.

looking forward to the 70's Arizona has to offer this time of year, as well as all the jeep trails actually.

in other news,

thinking about downsizing from the coach to something small and light so I can boondock and get more off-grid in some locations. I have a list of places I want to see and go but my current setup just won't allow it. i posted a vid of a possible replacement in the campers thread, tell me what you think.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not sure if I should just lazy day, or ride bikes
why not both?

:wave: day two of dog sitting, I'm loving this up and at 'em walking first thing in the morning crap.

New used bike rebuild progresses. Wheels due for a final once-over and a ride someplace. Definitely swapping brakes and probably fork too, although that new 38 feels pretty good out of the box.

but now, breakfast.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Family pictures today. Joyous!

Dialed in my new bow sight yesterday, should be ready to go for my opening Saturday. Time to put some meat in the freezer.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Transporting apples today. Last few days of good weather are rolling through. Getting ready to upgrade the gas free standing stove in the house. 30 year old Vermont Casting is undersized and broken. Going to go from 12k btu to 30k btu.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Transporting apples today. Last few days of good weather are rolling through. Getting ready to upgrade the gas free standing stove in the house. 30 year old Vermont Casting is undersized and broken. Going to go from 12k btu to 30k btu.
So you already put a New 2” Gas line in boost? 8 G’s easy here in CA. Or do you already have it? You need it for the 30kbtu. What you get a Wolf?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
:wave:

Derp. Reporting in from the ER, with suspected kidney stone #2.

Just waiting for the doctor...
Sorry to read Brother. Second time? Are you in extreme Pain? Stupid question as you are in ER.

Avy

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
So you already put a New 2” Gas line in boost? 8 G’s easy here in CA. Or do you already have it? You need it for the 30kbtu. What you get a Wolf?

Avy
Going with a Lopi. Running propane, I have a nice 500 gallon tank to supply it. No way theres a 2" line between the tank and house. Old tank was 125 gallons. Even with the 12k btu i would need it filled 2-3 times over the course of winter.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Going with a Lopi. Running propane, I have a nice 500 gallon tank to supply it. No way theres a 2" line between the tank and house. Old tank was 125 gallons. Even with the 12k btu i would need it filled 2-3 times over the course of winter.
I see. Confused though? The 2” line is what Allows the stove to run 30kbtu. Otherwise it’s a 30k stove running 12kbtu. You said the new stove is 30k no?

Avy

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I see. Confused though? The 2” line is what Allows the stove to run 30kbtu. Otherwise it’s a 30k stove running 12kbtu. You said the new stove is 30k no?

Avy
Your jumping out ahead of me! Gas lines aren't my specialty. At this point I've got the stove picked out but haven't met with the installers yet or pulled the trigger on it. A 2" line seems massive! I am running 3/4" now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dentists everywhere will rejoice in that leica is rereleasing the M6 film camera in 2022....

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Your jumping out ahead of me! Gas lines aren't my specialty. At this point I've got the stove picked out but haven't met with the installers yet or pulled the trigger on it. A 2" line seems massive! I am running 3/4" now.
Ok good. 30k is for Restraunt’s,12k is a normal household. Call you stove company and ask them,”what is going to take for you’re Stove to run the 30kbtu”? 30k is no joke for a House.

Avy

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ok good. 30k is for Restraunt’s,12k is a normal household. Call you stove company and ask them,”what is going to take for you’re Stove to run the 30kbtu”? 30k is no joke for a House.

Avy
Heck yeah - i am using it as a primary heat source for a 2000 sq ft house. The 12k unit only maintains temp on moderately cold days but in the depths of winter I'm having to rely on the electric heat in my air handling system. My goal with the 30k is to run fan only and stir the stove heat through the house.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Heck yeah - i am using it as a primary heat source for a 2000 sq ft house. The 12k unit only maintains temp on moderately cold days but in the depths of winter I'm having to rely on the electric heat in my air handling system. My goal with the 30k is to run fan only and stir the stove heat through the house.
Caveat, I'm an Architect, not a plumber or mechanical engineer, and I don't mess around with plumbing often.

There's a lot of factors to consider here; run length, other gas appliances, etc. However, unless you have some other large gas appliances, you should be fine with your existing 3/4" line. A 2" line (or larger) would not be unusual for a restaurant, but they are running multiple appliances and hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of BTU's. Talk to the installer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sorry to read Brother. Second time? Are you in extreme Pain? Stupid question as you are in ER.

Avy
Second time. And yeah brother, the pain for both of them was extremely intense. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it an 11.

Back at home now. What a cluster fuck at the hospital. Their computer system was down until like 8am, so they were doing everything on paper. Pretty sure my chart got forgotten about or some shit, with how long I waited.

How does a hospitals system go down? Seems crazy to me.... and from the banter going on its a frequent thing.

But the CT scan did reveal the stone this time. Now to see if I can collect it when I piss it out.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Second time. And yeah brother, the pain for both of them was extremely intense. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it an 11.

Back at home now. What a cluster fuck at the hospital. Their computer system was down until like 8am, so they were doing everything on paper. Pretty sure my chart got forgotten about or some shit, with how long I waited.

How does a hospitals system go down? Seems crazy to me.... and from the banter going on its a frequent thing.

But the CT scan did reveal the stone this time. Now to see if I can collect it when I piss it out.
apple cider vinegar with some cranberry juice does the job for me, lots of water