Quantcast

€€€€ It's an even newer day GTM Thursday €€€€

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@mykel @slyfink did yall just get your alert? Says we can exercise, so ride on, I guess?

You good?

Stay at home
As of April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., a stay-at-home order is in effect for all of Ontario.
This means you must stay at home. You should only go out for necessities, such as:
  • going to the grocery store or pharmacy
  • accessing health care services (including getting vaccinated)
  • outdoor exercise or walking pets in your community
  • going to work that cannot be done remotely
  • attending school or a post-secondary institution

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had an hour long conversation with my colleague who has been out for over 6-months due to cancer. Work related, but a lot of just being able to chat. It was really nice to have her back.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@mykel @slyfink did yall just get your alert? Says we can exercise, so ride on, I guess?

Yup, got the phone buzzer.

Took my wife back to work at the hospital this afternoon. By the traffic, you would think it was get out for a drive day. Insane for mid-week in a town of 16,000. Guess everybody is out trying to stock up?

There was no mention I could find on restrictions to exercise that would impact us. Nothing I could find that said no to putting the bike on the car and heading out. Thinking of Turkey Point in the near future - about 45 minutes away. Guess I will see what happens.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have just kicked off a new project at work called W*** A*** Pathfinder. I have been calling it W.A.P. and chuckling to myself every time I say it. No one else has caught on yet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why are you talking about yourself in the third person
I admit as a kid it was easier to walk out the back door of the house about 10 feet to take a piss in the woods than it was to go to the shitter....wasted less water too.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Correct. Everyone else was running DH casings...
Let's get this straight: You flew to another continent to do run after run on extended downhills in one of the most rugged mountain ranges on the planet, and you brought EXO casings?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I blame global supply chain issues.
Which is true, this was the only tire I could get ahold of.
But the cool thing is that we are taking a fourth lap using my buddies 27.5 wheel, this should tell me what I need to know about mullet life.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
But the cool thing is that we are taking a fourth lap using my buddies 27.5 wheel, this should tell me what I need to know about mullet life.
Oh you rode a 29er there? Sounds like you are the maker of your own punishment. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Funny, I was shopping for Maxxis tires a month ago and could only find DH and DD casings.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Went for a short ride at red rocks because I figured best to start easy. God that place sucks. Also couldn't figure out why my camelback was oozing cold nasty liquid all over the place when the bladder clearly wasn't leaking. Found the remains of an apple in the bottom and FSM only knows how long it had been in there. To call it "rotten", would be to severely undersell it. :bad: May be time to search for a new backpack.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Went for a short ride at red rocks because I figured best to start easy. God that place sucks. Also couldn't figure out why my camelback was oozing cold nasty liquid all over the place when the bladder clearly wasn't leaking. Found the remains of an apple in the bottom and FSM only knows how long it had been in there. To call it "rotten", would be to severely undersell it. :bad: May be time to search for a new backpack.
My wife does this. One time it was a small baggie of sugar snap peas. They had completely liquefied. :panic:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Did you get the frankenbike built up yet? Curious to hear how it rolls.
LOL what in my post reminded you of my weird fork?

no, not yet. I decided to change out my brakes at the same time and ended up spiraling into selling off a ton of dead stock items I wasn't using. I need to get the axle for my hub so I can get the wheel in the thing and get rolling.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the Tundra ahead of me driving in to work had this on it and somehow its abundance of balls reminded me of this lovely forum

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so the mullet Altitude FUCKING ROCKS. Easier to turn, easier to get the front wheel in the air, and absolutely zero ass-buzz. This was the third time I rode this DH, and it was just a little more 'fun'. Gonna buy a wheel at wholesale, bitches. :p