Quantcast

™™™™™™™ Wednesday GTM ®®®®®®®

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode to work again. Getting some good riding before the crappy rainy fall weather sets in. Gym last night too and shoulder is getting a lot better. Now the kids are both in their teenage years there is a lot more time for all of this. Will be interesting to ride the mountain bike again tomorrow and see how I feel on the bike.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I've realized one big disadvantage of hybrid work. Companies no longer care for the quality of stuff in their offices. Tried to connect to 4 different screens before I found one that worked properly...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've realized one big disadvantage of hybrid work. Companies no longer care for the quality of stuff in their offices. Tried to connect to 4 different screens before I found one that worked properly...
I don't even have a desk anymore. So like some squatter I chase down an empty desk when I am in the office.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ooooo strong espresso this morning. me likey. Finished cleaning out the old camper last night. Almost ready for the trip to Oregon to do the trade in/ buy the new camper deal on Saturday. In the mean time it is supposed to get stupid hot over the next few days 106-110F

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got woken up for a covid test. Nothing like being half asleep and having that thing shoved to the back of your eyeballs.

Might try and sleep more. They wheeled some other guy into my room last night at like 1 or 2am. He was in pain all night so the nurses were constantly in and out. And he seems to not speak much English and has hearing aids, so there's nothing quiet about it.

Looks like no ride with the dudes tonight and I believe it's the last night that the DH hill is open during the week. :(

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't even have a desk anymore. So like some squatter I chase down an empty desk when I am in the office.
Yeah but now in my office literally half of the cables you need for the 2nd screen dont work and the screen arms for the screens that work are have more trouble staying high up than Hans Gruber.

Got woken up for a covid test. Nothing like being half asleep and having that thing shoved to the back of your eyeballs.

Might try and sleep more. They wheeled some other guy into my room last night at like 1 or 2am. He was in pain all night so the nurses were constantly in and out. And he seems to not speak much English and has hearing aids, so there's nothing quiet about it.

Looks like no ride with the dudes tonight and I believe it's the last night that the DH hill is open during the week. :(
Good luck!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good luck!
Thanks!

Everything should be good and am thankful that I'm not in a situation like what @6thElement has gone through.

Not going to lie though, I'm pretty nervous and anxious about the lumbar puncture. The thought of it is giving me the serious creeps.

Just had more blood taken and this time it wasn't pleasant. She had to stab me a few times as she mumbled "its not working". Lol tell me about it.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Thanks!

Everything should be good and am thankful that I'm not in a situation like what @6thElement has gone through.

Not going to lie though, I'm pretty nervous and anxious about the lumbar puncture. The thought of it is giving me the serious creeps.

Just had more blood taken and this time it wasn't pleasant. She had to stab me a few times as she mumbled "its not working". Lol tell me about it.
Fuck just thinking about lumbar puncture is making my palms sweat. Best of luck dude.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thanks!

I'm still waiting for more bills to turn up, at least you're getting stabbed for free! :D

2 ER's with multiple tests (inc 2x COVID each)
Ambulance ride
3 days in acute pulmonary care bed with lots of tests and doctors

So far I think I've had a single $300ish bill for the echocardiogram...

I'm very grateful to being back close to normal, I know lots aren't from COVID.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck just thinking about lumbar puncture is making my palms sweat. Best of luck dude.
Well just to report...they tried it a few times and no go.

It's hard to describe, they gave local anesthesia which takes away most of the pain but i could for sure still feel it. I kept getting the urge to upchuck.

So now I wait and they'll do it again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, ya bunch of crazies!! Last night's bike workout put me at 600 bike miles for the month, which I've never hit before. That includes indoor plus outdoor miles, so sort of like riding. Still, I never hit 600 miles before between the two. No reason why September won't be even more.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
At work at 5:30 had to drive my wife to work since she woke up late.

Trying to sell things is annoying, but I need the space.

Otherwise it is hump day.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Up at 2:30 this morning, thinking about work and all the other shit I need to take care of. All of the furniture in the house is currently in the garage, the spare room or the kitchen for the carpet install today. Coffee. All things considered, I can't complain.

Hopefully you're up and back on a bike ASAP, @canadmos .

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Touched my bike yesterday, mostly thinking about fit again, since things still don't feel quite right. Can't say I've ever been proficient at knowing how to fit a bike, just when it feels off.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i was looking for a camera stoe in carborro...

did not need to see the fuji 617 medium format film panorama....the fuji 645n...or the fuji gsw 690iii....

obligatory leica's...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
go to a pro and get properly fit? :hmm:
Who does that sort of thing? Guessing shops do for new bikes, but fitting you in an existing one, same shops?

I've never done any sort of fitting before, outside of someone raising the saddle to the right height, putting some air in the shocks and tires, and giving me the good to go.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Who does that sort of thing? Guessing shops do for new bikes, but fitting you in an existing one, same shops?

I've never done any sort of fitting before, outside of someone raising the saddle to the right height, putting some air in the shocks and tires, and giving me the good to go.
Some shops have a person who specializes in bike fit. Roadies are into it big time. There will usually be weird looking stationary bike with knobs and stuff and bunch of stems and saddles hanging on the wall.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Some shops have a person who specializes in bike fit. Roadies are into it big time. There will usually be weird looking stationary bike with knobs and stuff and bunch of stems and saddles hanging on the wall.
Any good resources for DIY or learning? I'd like to better understand the process rather than relying on someone to interpret things for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh, they had a second and third round of attempts and still nothing. I think I've been jabbed by that spine needle 10-15 times and the pool of blood on the bed afterwards would support that. Plus all the local anesthesia needles.

So now they're scheduling me for, if I remember correctly, a flouroscopy guided lumbar puncture under general anesthesia.

My back feels fucked up man. The best part is when they are sticking the needle in and it hits the bone, it's such a weird deep painful sensation and I could kind of hear it internally - hard to describe.

Would definitely rather be riding. Going to see if I can sign out of here and buy a real pillow and some ear plugs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work at 5:30 had to drive my wife to work since she woke up late.

Trying to sell things is annoying, but I need the space.

Otherwise it is hump day.
Got a list of stuff you're selling and prices? Assuming it's your piles of boutique fancy bike stuff..

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ugh, they had a second and third round of attempts and still nothing. I think I've been jabbed by that spine needle 10-15 times and the pool of blood on the bed afterwards would support that. Plus all the local anesthesia needles.

So now they're scheduling me for, if I remember correctly, a flouroscopy guided lumbar puncture under general anesthesia.

My back feels fucked up man. The best part is when they are sticking the needle in and it hits the bone, it's such a weird deep painful sensation and I could kind of hear it internally - hard to describe.

Would definitely rather be riding. Going to see if I can sign out of here and buy a real pillow and some ear plugs.
:panic:

I went through all the fitting crap with both the road bike and the tracer. I think that most of it's overhyped religion.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
fkn a dude hang in there.

the bolt preloads the nds crankarm on shimano cranks
Kogel makes some fancy ones. Obviously won't help you to ride today.. or maybe one of their dealers has some sitting in their jewelry display box?

Just ask to borrow one, tighten up your crank and then give it back. Shouldn't actually need it while riding. :D

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

Yikes.