Quantcast

™™™™™™™ Wednesday GTM ®®®®®®®

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So now they're scheduling me for, if I remember correctly, a flouroscopy guided lumbar puncture under general anesthesia.
Sorry to hear you’ve had a tough time with the standard one. A neuroradiologist (or at least some flavor of radiologist) should be doing the one under fluoro.

/me went to Trestle today. Managed to crash a few times and give myself a likely hematoma in the hand with the last crash, whoops. Going to take a few days off the bike as it is quite painful

F3AD7E22-94CF-42D4-A508-4E38611F6FDE.jpeg

F4FA26B1-59E9-44B6-B5B4-3C9DDD75244A.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Post up how you like this. I figure I could make something but this would cut down on the hassle.
I looked into building one out of wood but came to the realization that it would cost almost as much as to buy one with the high cost of sheet goods. And Amazon has the 1UP cheaper than buying direct making it just a wee bit more than a similar bracket. It’s just as purty as their racks and rock solid.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ooh, thanks for the Amazon link. I just ordered a second Rack Stash for my Thule, to get it off the ground. I like the first. Hell, maybe I should order a third for my Thule extension (but I guess that part of it isn’t 2”, per se…)

C98E2708-BF41-4B49-BA0E-81AC9A4F1DF7.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
This response really boils it down:

“While (at least some of) these e-bikes are visibly problematic, and even dramatic, it looks like the real, underlying problems lie elsewhere, in a society that can't be bothered to count all the costs of our policies and how we arrange thing (or neglect to do so -- classic privatizing the benefits, socializing the costs).”

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Yup, 1Up Equip D Single. Since I rarely need to haul more than one bike I went with the Single because I can always add another tray to it, up to three bikes. It weighs 28 pounds and can easily be removed while not needed. Just got their wall mounted storage bracket delivered and installed it this afternoon. From wall to car and adding a bike probably takes less than 5 minutes.

Went with Curt Manufacturing for the hitch receiver. Actually talked to one of them out in the mid west somewhere. Always feel reassured when talking metal with someone who knows what’s up.
I see a 1Up Equip D in my future.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I see a 1Up Equip D in my future.
Very cool.

However, be careful ordering from etrailer.com. They apparently do not give a shit when it comes to shipping. The box was not nearly strong enough for the hitch which did get damaged. And they of course gave me the run-around about it. So I called Curt directly and had a very reassuring conversation with Mike. Doubtful that I will order from etrailer again.

C8E73BC3-E8A4-43CD-8E0A-36725E6D9300.jpeg

And from 1UP; watch the unboxing video. It’s obvious they used a packaging engineer to design the box.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Very cool.

However, be careful ordering from etrailer.com. They apparently do not give a shit when it comes to shipping. The box was not nearly strong enough for the hitch which did get damaged. And they of course gave me the run-around about it. So I called Curt directly and had a very reassuring conversation with Mike. Doubtful that I will order from etrailer again.

View attachment 181423

And from 1UP; watch the unboxing video. It’s obvious they used a packaging engineer to design the box.

Thanks for the heads-up. :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Package Engineer or Packaging Engineer? Big difference. Or do you mean Box Engineer.

I guess that doesn't really clear things up either.
Gallery Hop tonight, so in case it's slow, sure, tell me the difference between Package Engineer and Packaging Engineer. I look forward to a syadasti-like dissertation on the subject.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gallery Hop tonight, so in case it's slow, sure, tell me the difference between Package Engineer and Packaging Engineer. I look forward to a syadasti-like dissertation on the subject.

Pretend you are a 13 year old and use package and box outside of the context of packaging and get back to me.