Quantcast

↓↓↓ Monday again GMT ↓↓↓

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All I would have to do here is walk into the liquor store.
pennsyltucky man. PLCB closed the liquor stores (they're all state run). they run a website for online sales, but access was restricted as well (along with shut down of physical stores) and has been randomized. i managed to get on yesterday morning so got an order placed. delivery tomorrow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Drove back to the spot I hiked with my sons yesterday to see if I could find the sunglasses I dropped. Lo and behold, they were there! (and I found them too!)
1588014375985.png

took tick-precautions this time too (repellant, pants tucked into socks).

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just got an e-mail from the bike park - Looks like my seasons pass for DH is done. They just cancelled the entire year.

I have options. I can get a refund or I can apply this years amount paid against next years pass. Nothing like a bit of a free loan eh Blue?

So no big bike unless we find an open hill and road trip. @canadmos what are yer plans - lol, nevermind, you no have a big bike. :busted:

Wonder if Bromont will have a partial season...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just got an e-mail from the bike park - Looks like my seasons pass for DH is done. They just cancelled the entire year.

I have options. I can get a refund or I can apply this years amount paid against next years pass. Nothing like a bit of a free loan eh Blue?

So no big bike unless we find an open hill and road trip. @canadmos what are yer plans - lol, nevermind, you no have a big bike. :busted:

Ever try pedaling uphill ?

Makes for huge thighs to power out of corners when the lifts open back up.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ever try pedaling uphill ?

Makes for huge thighs to power out of corners when the lifts open back up.
I thought the DH bike was for the downs and the trailbike was for the ups and downs? Am I doing it wrong? Fuck after 50 years you would think I would be able to get it right. Sorry. :busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Hey now, my bike is 160mm so thats a big, maybe even hoooooooge, bike for Ontario. :busted:

But for real, the plan is to spend a lot of time at Dufferin Forest where there are some good DH trails, jumps etc. Its hidden, so a good spot for bikes, beers and bbq's. Its a 100% hike back up spot though. A bunch of the people from the area go here when Blue is closed...I'm sure there will be some party trains.

We also plan on somehow shuttling Loree, which is just west of Blue. Big descent... but its a long shuttle. https://www.trailforks.com/trails/shits--giggles/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Chatter is that Whistler may not open either. I'm not sure what's gonna happen for smaller mountains here on the east coast but I'm not trying to get my hopes up.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Chatter is that Whistler may not open either. I'm not sure what's gonna happen for smaller mountains here on the east coast but I'm not trying to get my hopes up.
I thought it was 100% confirmed that they would not open?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Highland was end of may last I heard.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Both palms to the floor in 3-5 stretches as soon as feet hit the floor - good use of the legs today. Only on roads; driving 200miles North for diverse trails is a no-go. So wanting to tag a local Strava, its dork came from the grid to the shore route ahead of me waaayyy wide, proceeded to blow stop sign after stop sign - zero yield to traffic. Reeled his ass in sprinting over a canal to mainland.
Found a gap through a stoplight north and went right back to ruining traffic patterns. This place. Get me the Full Heady Topper at Perry Hill, rapido.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
well yes but that's not an explicit confirmation that it isn't.
Pretty sure I've read a complete story about why it was not opening this season and it even talked about not opening for the winter season as well. Will try to find the article.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
4:00 interview. :happydance:
I think this went ok, although I don't have that "I fuckin' killed it!" feeling like I had after my first interview with this company. I was a little nervous and couldn't really get into a good groove. They guy seemed to like me but I did not bring my A-game. Interview #3 with this place tomorrow, and I'll be ready.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
post the link if you do, there's a thread in the DH forum
damn, looked all over, can't find shit. After re-reading the thread in the DH forum, it might have been that. So it might still happen after all, but they are pretty silent about it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
damn, looked all over, can't find shit. After re-reading the thread in the DH forum, it might have been that. So it might still happen after all, but they are pretty silent about it.
yea, it makes perfect sense. you need a large staff to run summer ops at a mountain that size, but at this point its still rumor.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I has the Whistler sads. I cancelled my trips after reading that thread. I'd rather just not cross the refund deadlines at this point and figure if they do re-open, it will probably be pretty easy to book a trip last minute. We had a big family trip planned over July 4th and another boys trip planned in Sept.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Man, If I understand the process and the CO unemployment pay rates correctly, imma volunteer to be unemployed for the next three months.
Is that a cough I hear ? You might have a fever. For the benefit of your esteemed coworkers you should take a sick month or three. Get @Toshi to write you a note, in all math symbols with a chart of course.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is that a cough I hear ? You might have a fever. For the benefit of your esteemed coworkers you should take a sick month or three. Get @Toshi to write you a note, in all math symbols with a chart of course.
I don't even have to be sick. It's "voluntary time off". Eligible for CO unemployment+trump bucks, airline continues to cover medical and dental, keep my flight benefits and seniority. I feel like I can't possibly be understanding this correctly because man it sounds too good to be true.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Can you elaborate?
You're in CO yes?

If my math is correct (and you should DEFINITELY follow up on that because college math is why I dropped out of college. That and drinking.) I qualify for max CO unemployment of 561 dollars a week. That, plus 600 a week of Trump bucks MORE than covers my expenses. It's actually just a bit of a net raise, since I'm not paying my portion of all the extraneous benefits I normally elect for through my paycheck. My employer saves money and I get a small bump for a couple months.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I don't even have to be sick. It's "voluntary time off". Eligible for CO unemployment+trump bucks, airline continues to cover medical and dental, keep my flight benefits and seniority. I feel like I can't possibly be understanding this correctly because man it sounds too good to be true.
You're in CO yes?

If my math is correct (and you should DEFINITELY follow up on that because college math is why I dropped out of college. That and drinking.) I qualify for max CO unemployment of 561 dollars a week. That, plus 600 a week of Trump bucks MORE than covers my expenses. It's actually just a bit of a net raise, since I'm not paying my portion of all the extraneous benefits I normally elect for through my paycheck. My employer saves money and I get a small bump for a couple months.

What are Trump bucks ? And how do you get more than one check ?

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
You're in CO yes?

Ill have to check that out. Sounds better than still going to work just to be accounted for. Id rather do that over trying to find "busy work" to fill my day

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got an "invitation to a voluntary layoffs" today. Sadly permanent and with few years with the company not much different than straight quitting so back to chipping away at the salt, just hope I don't get caught on the wrong side of the lee.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
I want to. But honest question. Would people taking advantage of this mean either way i will be paying it back in taxes? If so I would just keep working. I get to be outside for work and unless its an emergency i have been staying out of the apartments. I kind of like being able to get out of my house. Im an introvert. But i like to hide at home when it suits me. After a month of wfh im ready to not be at home

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Man, If I understand the process and the CO unemployment pay rates correctly, imma volunteer to be unemployed for the next three months.
A competitor of mine can’t get his crews to come to work for that reason.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You're in CO yes?

As an unemployed person in Colorado who has been receiving unemployment insurance since December, and just got his first extra dollars deposits from the CARES act, I can confirm that your math is 100% correct. I'm now getting $1161/week being unemployed, which is more than enough to cover my monthly expenses actually. I got lucky when I bought my place so my mortgage is really tolerable, my truck is paid off, and I have no other debt asides from student loans.

What are Trump bucks ? And how do you get more than one check ?
The CARES Act approved an additional $600/week benefit to anyone who qualifies for unemployment, funded by the federal gov't and administered/distributed by the states alongside the normal state-funded benefits.

Ill have to check that out. Sounds better than still going to work just to be accounted for. Id rather do that over trying to find "busy work" to fill my day
If you're able to qualify for unemployment, it's not terrible. I'm ready to go back to work though... I don't have health insurance or anything right now. Plus, I'll make more in my new chosen profession than UI nets me... though I am currently making more through UI than I made at my last job... about 16% more.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I want to. But honest question. Would people taking advantage of this mean either way i will be paying it back in taxes? If so I would just keep working. I get to be outside for work and unless its an emergency i have been staying out of the apartments. I kind of like being able to get out of my house. Im an introvert. But i like to hide at home when it suits me. After a month of wfh im ready to not be at home
You don't pay any of this back in taxes. UI (unemployment Insurance) benefits are something that businesses pay into if I understand it correctly. Specifically businesses that lay off or fire people who then qualify for the benefit. Individuals pay into Social Security for themselves at a later date, businesses pay into UI. They're used for different scenarios of course, but no there's no paying anything back. This is the second time I've had to use UI.