Quantcast

∆∆∆∆ Thu®sday GTM ««««

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not sure if it's just me but 3 hour mtb vs 3 hour road is just not the same with mtb just being that much tougher. I still feel my long ride from yesterday and slept late too. Not complaining it's great to feel tired this way. I just wish I lived in an area with longer trails as yesterday part of the ride is on the road to and from the trail.

No plans today beside drinking coffee and maybe a trip to the gym.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

We finally got a little rain. The trails should be primo.
Found a couple guys yesterday that were rather talkative, holy shit. I think the one farmer would have jogged beside my truck to keep chatting.

Might go look at a Can-Am Defender today, we'll see.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Getting ready to cut my hair and the wife is not on board with me rocking a luscious mullet for a day. What a downer.

Stayed in bed for 8 hours last night. Let's see if that helps with fatigue I've been feeling recently. I can't sit down without my eyes closing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gotta pick up axes from parks n rec office to woodburn them for trophies for an upcoming race, as per tradition. might do a lunch ride with a buddy after. 13yo still home feeling crappy. need to get to bed earlier tonight, feeling tahrd.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a couple of days off in a couple of weeks, but I have a high workload combined with corporate presentation fun! It's crunch time right now
i still have 2 1/2 weeks of PTO to use by year end. 4 of those for xmas, 5 for a dive trip which is probably getting pushed to january (i can roll 5 over for first quarter),

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up there, Captain Sparky! I ran 6.2 miles this morning before the sun came up. It was a lovely 44 degrees. I'll get a bike workout done at some point during the working hours. Hooray WFH!!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great ride last night. Trails are dusty dry - not a great combo for riding at night with bright lights. Just had to be out front to not get white out blasted. :cheers:

Now for this work crap. Motivation is not high.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Benefits fair this am. Took Haley to the race shop yesterday to figure out sizing for her race suit next year. She found a Sparco one that matches her kart perfectly, so she wants that one. She understands *why* we need to get grandparents involved with Xmas for stuff, because the gear she wants isn't cheap, but she would still like arts and crafts miscellany. Kids...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Benefits fair this am. Took Haley to the race shop yesterday to figure out sizing for her race suit next year. She found a Sparco one that matches her kart perfectly, so she wants that one. She understands *why* we need to get grandparents involved with Xmas for stuff, because the gear she wants isn't cheap, but she would still like arts and crafts miscellany. Kids...
have her paint her own kart then DUH

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Bittersweet morning. Surrounded by boxes in a home that isn't mine anymore. Lots of feelings and memories tied up in this place, both good and bad. I spent probably an hour yesterday talking with the family down the street that bought this place, and they are so super excited and I feel good about that. Going to be a busy weekend.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Bittersweet morning. Surrounded by boxes in a home that isn't mine anymore. Lots of feelings and memories tied up in this place, both good and bad. I spent probably an hour yesterday talking with the family down the street that bought this place, and they are so super excited and I feel good about that. Going to be a busy weekend.
leave an upper decker just for good measure

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
looking like some rain is in the forecast for saturday's century.... i have road rain pants, and 2 rain jackets. a superlight old DH one from Royal, and a nice Enduro Singletrack jacket, which is also hooded, but might also be overkill?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
looking like some rain is in the forecast for saturday's century.... i have road rain pants, and 2 rain jackets. a superlight old DH one from Royal, and a nice Enduro Singletrack jacket, which is also hooded, but might also be overkill?
What's the forecast temperature?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

I’m happy for ya, but also moving sucks eggs.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Do either have pit zips ? I’d take the one that is moar water resistant. A wetted out jacket is just dead weight.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Now to tell the boss I'm taking 0ff 17 days in a row.
why, she knows already as she's planning on riding
PSA: take your fucking backpack off BEFORE getting on tthe plane!
y tho. taking it off once in one's row is not that difficult

/me dropped off the babykins at preschool as usual, via e-cargo bike. working 8-12 from home. then off to ride a trail. any of you locals free for an early afternoon ride?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got asked to work on a project that I don't want to work on and see little value in. Then I got asked to do a bunch of dumb paperwork and jump through hoops to get said project approved by the people who asked me to go work it.

Would be a real shame if I did a half-assed job on that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's been raining for days and will continue to until April. Going to look at a car at lunch I have no intention of buying but fuck work. A guy we hired a few months ago for this big networking project has been out sick almost the entire time. He was supposed to have code for me this week but it seems our health care system sucks (shocker) so he's flying back to Croatia and will let us know what's up in a few days. The first sprint ends tomorrow, I have little hope of having anything by then.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've been traveling a shit ton this past month. Drive to DIA usually take 3-40 minutes, from Golden. Drive HOME at 5:30 last week took 1.5 hours. Because people.