Quantcast

∆∆∆∆ Thu®sday GTM ««««

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@Sandwich to the weird road phone

saddle on the right is my current road saddle, left is the saddle on my trainer and also xc bike. think i might give the one on the left a quick ride tomorrow, see how it feels. good news is that the seatpost from the trainer bike is the same as my road bike, so i don't have to faff with resetting saddle position on the post if i don't like it.

also, new bibs arrived. the difference in the padding after only a year is noticeable.

View attachment 201185
oh man, I LOVED my Selle trans am. I think it still lives in woody's garage, but I pitched it because my rails came loose and started squeeking or something. Great saddle, the first one that didn't cause me taint pain. Took me a while to find something I liked as much. I don't know the other one, but I like my PRO stuff well enough and it looks similar.

As for positioning, I usually measure the distance from the "hips" of the saddle to the bottom bracket, and this is my measurement to carry from one bike to another. I will usually set a distance on my calipers (say 85mm) and call that the mark. It's hard to measure from the nose or rear of the saddle and even the shape of the wings can vary from one to another.

As for the bibs, I need to pay more attention to that. Honestly I bought some swag from aliexpress (duh) and it's actually phenomenal for the price. Not as nice overall as my high end LG bibs, but it blows castelli out of the water (same with my low end LG). I need to just gobble up several sets and put them into rotation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
oh man, I LOVED my Selle trans am. I think it still lives in woody's garage, but I pitched it because my rails came loose and started squeeking or something. Great saddle, the first one that didn't cause me taint pain. Took me a while to find something I liked as much. I don't know the other one, but I like my PRO stuff well enough and it looks similar.

As for positioning, I usually measure the distance from the "hips" of the saddle to the bottom bracket, and this is my measurement to carry from one bike to another. I will usually set a distance on my calipers (say 85mm) and call that the mark. It's hard to measure from the nose or rear of the saddle and even the shape of the wings can vary from one to another.

As for the bibs, I need to pay more attention to that. Honestly I bought some swag from aliexpress (duh) and it's actually phenomenal for the price. Not as nice overall as my high end LG bibs, but it blows castelli out of the water (same with my low end LG). I need to just gobble up several sets and put them into rotation.
i don't dislike my trans am by any means. just trying to figure out whats working best.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i don't dislike my trans am by any means. just trying to figure out whats working best.
Why are you switching? I can't remember.

I haven't found a huge difference in saddles provided they are the same shape and cutout...ie I have a spec romin and my collection of astute saddles and they feel fairly similar (though the astute is way different than something like my Cobb saddle)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got bad news on the job front. Buddy's firm is passing. No feedback given. However I worked with one of their partners at JPM when I first moved to Denver. He and I never really saw eye to eye, and I would be supporting part of his group, so... yeah.

Oh well. Interview at Schwab next week. I feel that I would do well in that interview because I'm very familiar with their offerings as-is, we have a lot of assets there already, so have dealt with them on multiple wealth mgmt fronts before, and I've always just had a good "vibe" from Schwab.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why are you switching? I can't remember.

I haven't found a huge difference in saddles provided they are the same shape and cutout...ie I have a spec romin and my collection of astute saddles and they feel fairly similar (though the astute is way different than something like my Cobb saddle)
saddle sores. although after feeling my new bibs vs the old ones i have a pretty good degree of confidence that's the issue

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went for a many hour, many thousands of feet night ride alone tonight. In bear country, during hyperphagia. A bunch of it on unknown secret dh trails. No one had any idea where I was. I did have a Garmin Inreach. But no one was watching.
Had so much goddamn fun, but yeah, it was a bit risky.
Good times, full moon.
So much great riding here.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Put in over 300 miles driving around south central WA today. Did a bunch of work and also picked up beer for this weekends Beardfest. Our trail org hosts the beer garden every year. My buddy put the wrong date on the special occasion application and we didn't catch it until this morning. A whole lot of stress and many phone calls and emails later, we were able to secure the permit for Saturday. Disaster avoided. Come drink beer and listen to live music. Support the trails!

Yesterday we got the final ban hammer on our main local trail system. We built it over the last 12 years and it literally created the mtb community we have now. A lying sack of shit dude instigated all the closures because he wanted control of the landscape for his regional hiking trail. Little did he realize the property owners kicked everyone off their land, including his shit trail. Now we get to sit back and watch this guy squirm and fret. He's already been lying to people, telling them to ignore the conservation easement rules and cut a user trail over to the public land. It's going to be fun to watch this trainwreck from the sidelines rather than in the meat grinder as we have been the last 3 years.

RIP Rocky Top, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited: