Quantcast

∆∆∆∆ Thu®sday GTM ««««

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I've been traveling a shit ton this past month. Drive to DIA usually take 3-40 minutes, from Golden. Drive HOME at 5:30 last week took 1.5 hours. Because people.
might as well take the train (x 2) at that point. less frustrating at least :)
kessel run
to save Jon from pointing it out, parsecs are a measure of distance. so Han's achievement on the Kessel run wasn't a feat of speed but rather of short distance, for taking an unusually direct route (via an asteroid field iirc).

so unless he's cutting across fields... :D

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
y tho. taking it off once in one's row is not that difficult
Bc most people do not have the self awareness not to bash their packbacks into people sitting in aisle seats when they turn around to talk to spouses, kids, colleagues, etc.

It’s a common sense / courtesy thing…

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
might as well take the train (x 2) at that point. less frustrating at least :)
I wish. Using public transportation from Golden to the airport sucks. If everything is timed PERFECTLY it's a minimum 90-100 minutes, any delays or missed schedules and it can become 2.5 easily.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I wish. Using public transportation from Golden to the airport sucks. If everything is timed PERFECTLY it's a minimum 90-100 minutes, any delays or missed schedules and it can become 2.5 easily.
We always used to use it in the pre-covid times, as it was sufficiently reliable. But now with reduced schedules etc...

I've barely travelled since 2019, but have been on germ tubes too often this last few months. Today's airport run is to collect she who must be obeyed, who's returning from a work trip :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today's airport run is to collect she who must be obeyed, who's returning from a work trip :)
you can put her on the A Line to Central Park, then she can hang out with my family until after rush hour :D

(if you want to do this in the future I'm serious.)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
just on trains/planes....
For now... yeah - long, enclosed exposure is my threshold. Combine that with lots of people who *know* they are sick but aren't going to eat the cost of airline tickets.

We always used to use it in the pre-covid times, as it was sufficiently reliable. But now with reduced schedules etc...

I've barely travelled since 2019, but have been on germ tubes too often this last few months. Today's airport run is to collect she who must be obeyed, who's returning from a work trip :)
Just make her take the train. :D

you can put her on the A Line to Central Park, then she can hang out with my family until after rush hour :D

(if you want to do this in the future I'm serious.)
Or have her take the A-line to Union Station and drink until after rush hour. :homer:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My buddy and his kid who were visiting just headed for Denver to catch their flight home. I found his leftover secret stash in the fridge… Don’t mind if I do!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Epic fail. I'm 5 minutes away when the dealership calls to say the car is being serviced and won't be available. WTF people.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@Sandwich to the weird road phone

saddle on the right is my current road saddle, left is the saddle on my trainer and also xc bike. think i might give the one on the left a quick ride tomorrow, see how it feels. good news is that the seatpost from the trainer bike is the same as my road bike, so i don't have to faff with resetting saddle position on the post if i don't like it.

also, new bibs arrived. the difference in the padding after only a year is noticeable.

1695937218604.png