Quantcast

∫∫∫∫∫∫∫∫ Wednesday GTM ∑∑∑∑∑∑∑

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've been trying to cut back on drinking and limit booze consumption to 1x weeknight.

mercifully I'm going to need one tonight and wednesday is my designated boozing day. My report is another no-call/no-show, so it's probably PIP time and door time shortly. Fuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Things look very out of focus without those glasses.

Lasik, PRK, or just new glasses?
LASIK! Wife had PRK due to thin corneas and high Rx. I have normal corneas and a -3.00 diopter so LASIK it is.
I wonder how many agents had caught that I posted the same thing 3 days in a row, that Morpheus is full of shit
caught it, didn't feel the need to point it out.
thought it was just senility

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
LASIK! Wife had PRK due to thin corneas and high Rx. I have normal corneas and a -3.00 diopter so LASIK it is.

thought it was just senility
Hope you fair better than I. Owing to small, deep set eyes, they had to crank them open to have access to my cornea. My eyes were almost swollen shut for the next 3 days. Definitely no "most patients drive to their follow up appointment the next day" for this guy.

how'd he get hired then?
Twas a joke. About his penchant for not showing up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hope you fair better than I. Owing to small, deep set eyes, they had to crank them open to have access to my cornea. My eyes were almost swollen shut for the next 3 days. Definitely no "most patients drive to their follow up appointment the next day" for this guy.
yikes. I’ve got things to do tomorrow!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yeah, we do sometimes as well, but it has to be said!
(I was being sarcastic)
They are delicious…but boiling is the only way to really get that texture combo of ‘bite’ and ‘chew’.
It’s a New Yawk thing…

I‘LL be back East at my wife’s family’s very kosher household next week, I’m getting myself into character.
Ok Mr. Syadasti, I *boil and* bake them for the right texture and chew, I am just too lazy to type all that when sipping my morning coffee.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Have you always worn glasses, or done the contacts as well? I had some real bad coke-bottles and always wore glasses until Lasik, total mind-fuck. I did not realize how bad my tunnel vision was due to my peripheral vision being out of focus, crashed a couple times on my first ride after surgery because being able to see shit to the left and right was more information than I'd ever had to think about before.

Worst part of recovery was my newly discovered intolerance to Xanax, once I slept that off I was fine, DD'd for some friends going to a concert the same night I had my surgery. The surgery itself was a breeze, couple seconds of weird blurry purple light, and burning eyeball smells like bacon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Can't you just fire the guy already?
I'm at the point where I'm finally ready. I always want to give people a chance and listen, but we've had two separate conversations about him not showing up and the excuses are constant. HR suggested I keep a list of absences and late/excuses, and it's currently 19 lines long with 7.5 weeks in.
been following this, but haven't commented much. is this his first job? any red flags during the interview?
It's not. He came from a large company and had some longer experiences prior. There were some yellow flags but of course hindsight is 2020...I never would have thought he would just skip one day of work every week from his interview... His experience is about what I expected, but the professionalism is 100% absent.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rolled self out of bed and working now. Actually sitting at desk which is a first since I got my standing desk months ago. Rather uncomfortable.

Also planning a month forward for getting help with loading/unloading the trailer for Haley's race in December. If my back is still fucked, I'm gonna need help.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's not. He came from a large company and had some longer experiences prior. There were some yellow flags but of course hindsight is 2020...I never would have thought he would just skip one day of work every week from his interview... His experience is about what I expected, but the professionalism is 100% absent.
gotcha, i wasn't sure if he was like fresh out of college, or someone that actually had some experience. no mention of attendance issues when checking references?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have you always worn glasses, or done the contacts as well? I had some real bad coke-bottles and always wore glasses until Lasik, total mind-fuck. I did not realize how bad my tunnel vision was due to my peripheral vision being out of focus, crashed a couple times on my first ride after surgery because being able to see shit to the left and right was more information than I'd ever had to think about before.

Worst part of recovery was my newly discovered intolerance to Xanax, once I slept that off I was fine, DD'd for some friends going to a concert the same night I had my surgery. The surgery itself was a breeze, couple seconds of weird blurry purple light, and burning eyeball smells like bacon.
I have been wearing daily use contacts for skiing for a few years. But otherwise glasses.

Riding to the hospital imminently for my appointment! (Wife will pick me and bike up afterwards.)