Quantcast

□■□ Monday GMT □■□

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Riding in was a muddy, sloppy mess. I bailed on the greenway halfway through and went on not-as-direct roads instead. Colorado soils do not deal with moisture well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah the wife has had her eye on it for some time. Normal price was 2600 or something like that. Got marked down to 1237, I had it put aside to pick up after the move. Super nice and make of white oak, headboard was a little over 400 pounds type nice..... The part that super sucks is it's a one off so no go on replacement
major fucking bummer. you were stoked on that. will they give you a discount / credit towards something else?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Riding in was a muddy, sloppy mess. I bailed on the greenway halfway through and went on not-as-direct roads instead. Colorado soils do not deal with moisture well.
It's true. I have had to recalibrate my inclement weather expectations when it comes to riding. In New England there were few times I didn't ride due to trail conditions (the month of April withstanding), out here it's a different story.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good evening ski Monkies! I have not skied since 1989 due to leaving Colorado for the Washington coast. I tried Crystal Moumtain once and found it most unpleasant. While still in Colorado I skied at Keystone and A Basin due to their proximity and comparatively low cost. Even back then it was a minimum $75 a day, when my annual income was 13k range I could only afford to ski a half dozen times a year.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
between sickness, beers, and travel, had totally forgotten about awesome xmas presents until i found them while taking down the tree and undecorating tonight. hooray prestaflator! hooray dremel kit! hooray wool socks!

in other news, kids charter school has a 2 hour delay tomorrow whilst my work follows the public school schedule which is cancelled. smells like a bike ride and a whole lotta goofing off to me! :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good evening ski Monkies! I have not skied since 1989 due to leaving Colorado for the Washington coast. I tried Crystal Moumtain once and found it most unpleasant. While still in Colorado I skied at Keystone and A Basin due to their proximity and comparatively low cost. Even back then it was a minimum $75 a day, when my annual income was 13k range I could only afford to ski a half dozen times a year.
Hit Crystal Christmas day. Had 10 different types of shitty snow at various elevations. Amazing views, fast gondola and significant elevation was nice but I kind of missed the consistent Virginia slush.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Many face shots were had today.

I also skied.

Sadly it appears my ski boots are toast. Ah, well...it was a good 14 year run.

On the bright side - time for new boots!!
I just got new boots, because thieves. Best thing that happened to my skiing in 6-1/2 years.

I think ima play hookie Wednesday or Thursday this week. Rumors of several feet of new snow should be a good "new boot shakedown.
The day is Tuesday. Wednesday is one day too late.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Grampa boots? :D
Three buckles make me nervous.
These won over both the Salomon 120s I tried (these were stiffer) as well as the current version of the 4-buckle Dalbello Avanti 120 (which are the boots I'm coming from). Tried some Scotts as well which just weren't very comfortable. Putting these over the top were the Intuition moldable liners... so comfy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hit Crystal Christmas day. Had 10 different types of shitty snow at various elevations. Amazing views, fast gondola and significant elevation was nice but I kind of missed the consistent Virginia slush.
Gondola?! <goes to check Crystal's site>

https://crystalmountainresort.com/more-information/history/

https://crystalmountainresort.com/wp-content/themes/crystalmountain/pdfs/Map_CM_1-2015.pdf

There have been a lot of changes there! I've been back post-Green Valley detachable quad but the gondola wasn't even rumored in my day. Paved parking lots, too! That trail map brings back a ton of memories. Chair 6 used to be (is?) High Campbell, and Campbell Basin was one of my favorite haunts, what with the challenge of keeping enough speed to carry over the ridge to the Queens, etc. area.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gondola?! <goes to check Crystal's site>

https://crystalmountainresort.com/more-information/history/

https://crystalmountainresort.com/wp-content/themes/crystalmountain/pdfs/Map_CM_1-2015.pdf

There have been a lot of changes there! I've been back post-Green Valley detachable quad but the gondola wasn't even rumored in my day. Paved parking lots, too! That trail map brings back a ton of memories. Chair 6 used to be (is?) High Campbell, and Campbell Basin was one of my favorite haunts, what with the challenge of keeping enough speed to carry over the ridge to the Queens, etc. area.

I was impressed by the mountain and the accommodations if not the snow. Riding some decade + old given to me skis. Couldn't turn for shit when things got real. Not sure if was an extra 7 year of age and 25 lbs or the skis, however a skiing guru coworker claims loss of ski rigidity when I described my issues. As I am attempting to enter the Seattle real estate market, budget has no new sticks until next year so I will just suck it up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was impressed by the mountain and the accommodations if not the snow. Riding some decade + old given to me skis. Couldn't turn for shit when things got real. Not sure if was an extra 7 year of age and 25 lbs or the skis, however a skiing guru coworker claims loss of ski rigidity when I described my issues. As I am attempting to enter the Seattle real estate market, budget has no new sticks until next year so I will just suck it up.
Still looking to buy on the north side? I've officially put out feelers for Seattle private practice jobs so may join you in enforced poverty in a year.

I figured out Chair 6 vs High Campbell: https://kimkircher.com/2014/03/12/what-does-it-feel-like-to-demolish-a-chairlift/ . CN is that ski patrol destroyed High Campbell in 2014 inadvertently and when it was rebuilt with new hardware it reverted to its original name.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still looking to buy on the north side? I've officially put out feelers for Seattle private practice jobs so may join you in enforced poverty in a year.

I figured out Chair 6 vs High Campbell: https://kimkircher.com/2014/03/12/what-does-it-feel-like-to-demolish-a-chairlift/ . CN is that ski patrol destroyed High Campbell in 2014 inadvertently and when it was rebuilt with new hardware it reverted to its original name.
Going to make an attempt at north side real estate. I suspect that I may not be successful at grabbing a sub 1000 sq ft <$700K house. Fall back position is twice the house in Mukilteo for $100K less with ocean views. The struggle is real.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I was impressed by the mountain and the accommodations if not the snow. As I am attempting to enter the Seattle real estate market, budget has no new sticks until next year so I will just suck it up.
Sometime check out White Pass, if you feel like driving the extra hour. I can't say I've been to Crystal but White has the back home feel.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Going to make an attempt at north side real estate. I suspect that I may not be successful at grabbing a sub 1000 sq ft <$700K house. Fall back position is twice the house in Mukilteo for $100K less with ocean views. The struggle is real.
700K? The struggle will be permanant... :) at least you are digging the jorb enough to risk it. :thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
major fucking bummer. you were stoked on that. will they give you a discount / credit towards something else?
No idea yet. I mean I am not out any money, just an overall bummer. Looks like all the water was pumped out today and they are moving everything out. It's a smaller local business and I know this will hit them hard so not gonna make a giant push to go after everything just yet