Quantcast

●○Thursmeh●○▪︎

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
glad to hear she is safe. when our cats go MIA we have a list of places we check first, as our cats like to find odd places to nap.

should note our cats are indoor only. but we are working on leash training them.
What is fun is walking the dog and coming around a blind corner to see someone with a cat on a leash.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm realising that my relationship with my oldest son is broken. I'm too hard on him, and see everything he does through a negative lens. it breaks my heart caus' he's not a bad kid, but obviously, he reacts poorly to my negativity. and so we have a vicious cycle. I have to find a way to fix this before its too late. He's only 12, so there's still time... this being a parent thing is hard. sometimes, just being a human feels hard... blah.
Parenting is hard. Realizing you're doing a poor job and that there are things you can change is pretty powerful. It's never too late...wish you the best.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@jstuhlman

sweet lews bbq....belmont ave....charlotte....excellent

found it on accident....was looking to try out ace no. 3 and see how good their hamburgers are....

lews was next door....they won.

burger will wait...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OMG, it's cheap here, and people in restaurants/etc actually get paid OK. It's definitely less poor than Perú and other countries outside of urban and truly rural poverty. Thing are clean, air is good, fairly impressed in that way.
An example is that a grilled filet Mignon, potatoes, veggies, salad, and a drink is like, $14.00. This plate of baby ribs was $6.63.
This huge plate of fried fish was $4.50.
PXL_20230330_002051340.jpg

We are in a tourist town as well (Solenta, up in coffee country).
PXL_20230330_184713361.jpg

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm realising that my relationship with my oldest son is broken. I'm too hard on him, and see everything he does through a negative lens. it breaks my heart caus' he's not a bad kid, but obviously, he reacts poorly to my negativity. and so we have a vicious cycle. I have to find a way to fix this before its too late. He's only 12, so there's still time... this being a parent thing is hard. sometimes, just being a human feels hard... blah.
My old man was sorta like that, now I do work that he says I have gone too far and I call his stuff sub par. Still, having an unsupportive parent sucks the big one, so if you can sort that out you will both be better people because of it.

I told one of our apprentices to get a new job, he was getting hammered with negativity at work then going home to his mum doing the same thing. He was a nice kid but other people were making his life difficult for no real reason.
Now he's making $10/h more than me, and he's studying a second trade then going for an engineering course in the coming year.

My old man was sorta like that, now I do work that he says I have gone too far and I call his stuff sub par. Still, having an unsupportive parent sucks the big one, so if you can sort that out you will both be better people because of it.

I told one of our apprentices to get a new job, he was getting hammered with negativity at work then going home to his mum doing the same thing. He was a nice kid but other people were making his life difficult for no real reason.
Now he's making $10/h more than me, and he's studying a second trade then going for an engineering course in the coming year.
My father was an abusive alcoholic and drug user; the abusive stopped sometime in (junior?) high school when he went after me and I took him down.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Parenting is hard. Realizing you're doing a poor job and that there are things you can change is pretty powerful. It's never too late...wish you the best.
Pretty much planned on saying the same thing. It's all about balance and the fact that you had this realization now and want to make a change will mean so much to him too!

Cabral de Melo Neto:

At the end of a melancholy world
men read the newspapers.
Indifferent men eating oranges
that flame like the sun.

They gave me an apple to remind me
of death. I know that critics telegraph
asking for kerosene. The veil I saw flying
fell in the desert.

No one will write the final poem
about the private twelve o'clock world.
Instead of the last judgement, what worries me
is the final dream.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Getting ready for band rehearsal...gotta practice a couple of stupid high piccolo riffs and then make some dinner. Youngest got her top braces on today and it's payday so that worked out nicely!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
We had a young bloke ask about a job today, he was proudly sporting a cap with a nice big weed leaf front and centre, hahaha!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yelled at an obnoxious Sasquatch on an e-bike with an over-the-top-loud sound system who kept catching up to me after I would drop him on the downhills. Must have been @kidwoo’s bro in law. Somewhere there’s a line backer complaining that some fast old dude yelled at him and hurt his feel feels.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
That sucks. Look. I realize this is easier said than done, but work hard to not be negative with the kid. It stays with them. Your relationship with your children is much longer as adults than when they are children. They will do shit that will drive you crazy, maybe do the shit that you see in yourself that you don't like, and that is hard to see. Bu they need space to grow, to fucking blow it, and learn how to fix it. It can't be done in a vacuum, or by you talking at them, or in a negative way. Work your ass off to do it in a way that is not judging or blaming. We may think we know what is best for kids. We don't. We need to help them figure out what works for them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Awesome ride today. Met some dude who just moved out here from C'ville. Worked in one of the shops I used to frequent and knows a bunch of my old riding buddies, fun to chat about "the good old days".

At first he was shocked I was able to keep up with him on a hardtail. Then I went first on the next descent and dropped him like a 10mm socket.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Awesome ride today. Met some dude who just moved out here from C'ville. Worked in one of the shops I used to frequent and knows a bunch of my old riding buddies, fun to chat about "the good old days".

At first he was shocked I was able to keep up with him on a hardtail. Then I went first on the next descent and dropped him like a 10mm socket.
I used to enjoy riding the local super busy XC trails on 2.1" slicks.
One day a dude looked at my bike and asked how I got to where I was, obviously you can't ride shit XC trail on a hardtail with slicks.......

Some people still seem to think that a hardtail is a useless bike, it's weird.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to enjoy riding the local super busy XC trails on 2.1" slicks.
One day a dude looked at my bike and asked how I got to where I was, obviously you can't ride shit XC trail on a hardtail with slicks.......

Some people still seem to think that a hardtail is a useless bike, it's weird.
Up-selling is powerful.

Just like how everyone needs 4 wheel drive so they can drive plowed and salted roads when it snows and a half mile of maintained dirt roads to get to trailheads.