Quantcast

●○Thursmeh●○▪︎

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My father was an abusive alcoholic and drug user; the abusive stopped sometime in (junior?) high school when he went after me and I took him down.
My dad was cool, how he put up with my pill popping face slapping out of her mind mom was beyond me. She accused me of being a druggie for smoking pot. I dragged her to her medicine cabinet and said, me? you are the druggie in the house. her reply " Those aren't drugs they are medication" I pointed out 8 opioid's 4 uppers 3 anti psychotics 5 downers plus some others. then she slapped me. Beatings of me and my sister continued until I go big enough to take both parents and I put my foot down. After I moved out I didn't speak to her for 20 years. I was semi civil to her for the last years of her life at the insistence of my wife. I still have no fond memories of her some 20 years later

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Up-selling is powerful.

Just like how everyone needs 4 wheel drive so they can drive plowed and salted roads when it snows and a half mile of maintained dirt roads to get to trailheads.
Haha, I usually tell people that hardtails are dumb and only weirdos own them.

If I had more of a can do attitude I'd still have a hardtail as my one bike.
I need another hardtail frame, was no point having a 62deg hardtail and a 64deg downcuntry.
Need something that'll fit a decent frame bag and doesn't have 20yo geo.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Awesome ride today. Met some dude who just moved out here from C'ville. Worked in one of the shops I used to frequent and knows a bunch of my old riding buddies, fun to chat about "the good old days".

At first he was shocked I was able to keep up with him on a hardtail. Then I went first on the next descent and dropped him like a 10mm socket.
blue wheel?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I blame @Pesqueeb

Two aborted landings before the pilot stuck the 3rd to the ground and called it good.
Screenshot_20230330_213328_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
But you could make your own!

It helps a lot that the rocks here are all nice and round. Thank you glaciers.
I’m planning on it.

These days my back is the weakest link for the hardtails and shorter travel setups. I do like 110mm of rear travel with a 160mm fork tho.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I’m planning on it.

These days my back is the weakest link for the hardtails and shorter travel setups. I do like 110mm of rear travel with a 160mm fork tho.
I have always wanted to try a bike like that. Long travel fork with a short very progressive rear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good friend of mine got a job captaining a catamaran in Maui. It is going to totally suck having to visit him, he will probably make me go out on his boat.