Quantcast

☀☀☀ I am through with this derp GMT ☀☀☀

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I normally do not work Thursdays but spring weather weather dictates artfull dodging of rain showers. We are expecting another spring snow overnight with scattered rain beginning this afternoon. I will spend a few hors at work but as soon as the temp is above 50 or so Ima go riding on teh dirt.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I am not used to long mid-week runs, but I did 12.3 miles at 7:19 pace last night...a pretty hard effort. 65 degrees and humid. I am not used to that and I was hurting. I was happy when that workout was over. Surprised I slept so well last night. Hard runs late in the day usually lead to a restless night of sleep.

I am looking forward to my post work ride today on the douchey tri bike.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning monkeys

Good news and bad news.

Good: Rode home from work last night, successfully avoiding the bigger heavier vehicles, It was Kind of like riding my motorcycle, without the ability to power out of a bad situation.

Bad: 22 Year old Marzocchi forks with blown seals will eventually become fully compressed with only negative travel, no matter how much air you pump into them at the start.

Other good: I enjoyed the ride so much, I will do it again tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

New rear bumper came in yesterday so I spent last night wrestling it on and off for test fitting. Now it's in the back of my truck and will be off to the powdercoaters at lunch. Hopefully I can get through these next two days bumper-less without getting hassled or anything.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick after doing over an hour of spinning last night. Getting better at out of the saddle efforts, every 5 minutes I got out of the saddle in my hardest gear 53/11 and spun standing for two minutes.

Scattered showers in the forecast for today....is it friday yet? oh wait its spring horse show season I have no days off for the rest of the month:bonk::banghead: but the money is good:banana:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hopefully I can get through these next two days bumper-less without getting hassled or anything.
You still have a visible rear plate?

Today's agenda: Denver Biscuit Company, snow tire swap over, local parks with kids, sign buyer's order for new car, ???, profit.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
then they did a wicked photoshop job on my chest xray!

Thank you but I'll pass on your "homeopathy" offer ... I mean, I'd never judge YOU, I just don't roll like that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You still have a visible rear plate?

Today's agenda: Denver Biscuit Company, snow tire swap over, local parks with kids, sign buyer's order for new car, ???, profit.
Duct taped to the inside of the rear window of my topper. I'm thinking that should suffice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Woman child and myself today. Probably just be home bodies today. Need to do all the stuff I usually do on Wednesday. Meh.... Still, better than being at work.

Prius?

Electrician quoted me a grand for all the electrical work I want done to the garage. Think imma do it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just noticed the new Pike has been released. No 26", all Boost. Kill list. (my [current] old bike that is. why does the bike industry hate me so much?)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy work day, all smiles and dials. Workout last night was 60min spinning @ zone 2, watching "3 Minute Gaps" with a buddy who's never seen DH movies before. Mind = blown. Garmin is frustrating me as I can't get it to sync up to MyFitnessPal app.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Gopro found, I was looking for small when everything was still attached to the gimbal and chesty. My usual MO is to leave things on the roof of the wagon and drive off oblivious to my actions.

Now to tackle an uncooperative through axel on the Giggle Pig.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Busy work day, all smiles and dials. Workout last night was 60min spinning @ zone 2, watching "3 Minute Gaps" with a buddy who's never seen DH movies before. Mind = blown. Garmin is frustrating me as I can't get it to sync up to MyFitnessPal app.
is it giving you the "I'm not your pal, buddy" error?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Strong coffee and if the weather holds, a trip to the park at lunch. The pooch is needing a bit more exercise than the walks, so I am getting some shoes this weekend and might do light jogs. The bike is the best option, still. But the damn rear pad fell out of my dirt lid and I can't find it.

Any monkeys have a leash attachment for a bike? I saw one that mounted near the rear axle that spaced out about a foot from the bike. Or am I over thinking it and just hold the damn leash? :rofl:

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Prius?

Electrician quoted me a grand for all the electrical work I want done to the garage. Think imma do it.
Yup. Prius Prime.

If you have enough spare capacity on your main board then I'd suggest future-proofing: 50A breaker, 6/3 wiring, 6-50R receptacle and then adapt that to other plugs for a lower power EVSE. I think 10 kW charging will be more common in the future as these things catch on, and that's 40A at the outlet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Strong coffee and if the weather holds, a trip to the park at lunch. The pooch is needing a bit more exercise than the walks, so I am getting some shoes this weekend and might do light jogs. The bike is the best option, still. But the damn rear pad fell out of my dirt lid and I can't find it.

Any monkeys have a leash attachment for a bike? I saw one that mounted near the rear axle that spaced out about a foot from the bike. Or am I over thinking it and just hold the damn leash? :rofl:

dogsled style harness on the front of a bmx bike

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a buddy of mine legit used to do it with his husky. he even rigged up a harness cart kind of deal so the dog could help him haul rocks and dirt for his bmx jumps.
Rotties were used to wrangle bulls and haul sh!t, they do both awesome. Carting is crazy, but I wouldn't want to cause undo hip issues making her pull my fat ass around. :rofl:

And yet some days its work just to get her ass off the couch. :D

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Morning Monkeys.

I have seen people biking with those, neither the dog nor person looks happy

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If it's anything like me misplacing my GPS... my wife had put it somewhere "safe" (i.e. a totally random location).
That also happens but mainly because putting away forr me means leaving it out until I get bored and move on to the next toy...

Speaking if which, I was planning on installing the e13 tires with tubes but became boner popping e cited about the beefy sidewalls and decided to set them up tubeless. Did not have tape and usually such at such things so I ran down to the bike shop and offered my mechanic shop rate plus a twenty dollar tip to get them done within the hour.

Also found issue with through axel on the Giggle Pig was no grease, I bought it from Jenson so I should not be surprised. I never bothered to check so remind yourself to never buy a used bike from me off Craigs list... no matter how gently ridden and well maintained I say it is. :D

Last edited: