Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿#the day after chris cornell died gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 2200 yard swim done with the masters group. I've been swimming a metric shit-ton lately and my shoulders and arms are about ready to dislodge from my body. At least I am still alive in the superunknown.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. It's snowing hard at the house, forecast totals are anywhere from inches to feet. Great day to have to drive around in traffic!! :disgust:

RIP Cornell .. I saw Soundgarden a couple of times BITD.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
The Chris Cornell mews bummed me out pretty good this morning too. First time was Lollapalooza 1992 at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in the Raleigh area, with college mtn. biking buddies. I know what will be on my spotify feed all day.

Morning monkies,

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
45* this morning going up to the 80s this afternoon. Coffee is quite strong this morning. I was going to go off to the lake on Saturday but it turns out that the cool side of my wife's family is coming over so I guess I will go do a Dawn Patrol 3 hr dirt ride instead ( such a horrible turn of events ain't it? :dance:) before they show up.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I wonder if Cornell used a Jesus Christ pose to help him Say Hello to Heaven? Never cared for Audioslave, but Soundgarden was a good band. RIP.

Bikes in the woods tonight. Supposed to be close to 90 here today. Sweat it out son.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. I'm glad I got my ride in yesterday before the weather:

Full length of the downhill section if you're feeling particularly time-wastey at work.

Today I drive in, because rain. Half day of academic time, half day on service, and a dress rehearsal tonight for Saturday's concert.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Mixed rain and snow here right now. :disgust: Don't think we are supposed to get any accumulation. Looks like the Denver folks are getting it all.

I ran 10 miles yesterday. I am le tired. Guess I'm staying inside and playing videogames all day. A nap my be on the agenda.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

That news is a bit of a bummer to wake up to. I can't say I was ever a huge fan of any of Chris Cornell's projects but there's no denying that man had a serious set of pipes. Now to hang out here at work for the day and participate in two group interviews while the snow falls.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Almost eighty degrees here early in the morning, we're going to see 90s later. I am sorta sore from last night's ride but not too bad. Gonna work from home for the rest of the week, and hopefully ride a little, too.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I heard the news on my weekly commute to the company's HQ. Crap, my wife's band covers some songs from Soundgarden and Audioslave. One of my 5 YO son's all-time-favorite songs is "Show Me How to Live". We went to concerts of both bands when then toured down here.

WTF is going through the music industry? We are loosing so many talented (if not necessary) people, and at such an alarming rate.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
He was 52 Not old by any stretch, but not so young that falling out from a massive <insert Cardiovasculopulmonary issue here> is unheard of. And there is always the potential for accidental OD,purposeful OD or lead to the head.

I have not seen any official statement as to the cause.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I'm not saying it's the drugs, but .....

edit: @slimshady ... any clips of your wife's cover band?
They don't have good recordings yet, but they should be getting into the studio to record a demo soon.

It's a pretty wicked lineout for a hard rock band with 3 saxophones and a clarinet though. I'll be surely posting something here when they get something decently recorded.

Here is their Facebook page: Familia Cranston

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Cancelled my trip this weekend because I'm still feeling shitty from the infection and antibiotics.
Let's see...
This trip $500 gone.
Last trip $1,300 gone.
Doctor's visits and prescriptions $600.

Literally pissed away $2,400.
#dickmonocle

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hi all. I'm glad I got my ride in yesterday before the weather:

Full length of the downhill section if you're feeling particularly time-wastey at work.
You need to pre-shift more. There are a solid 10+ seconds that you can take by shifting in advance of the creek crossings and small climbs. Otherwise, pretty damn quick!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I have nothing to add beyond the amusement that Wifey is having all of her friends fly out for a girl's trip to Breck this weekend and it's dumping snow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You need to pre-shift more. There are a solid 10+ seconds that you can take by shifting in advance of the creek crossings and small climbs. Otherwise, pretty damn quick!
The creek crossings catch me off guard since when I'm not going for Strava glory on a hiker-free weekday I hit all the log bridges instead. It was kind of cold to have soaked feet and socks. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah - lot is about a 1/4 acre.

You see that 3 foot tall landscape-timber wall back there? Yeah - whole thing is rotten and has to go. #1stworldmonacletophatproblems
I am pleased as punch that I have little more than a few hundred square feet of yard to maintain now. The drawback being that the place is a bit of a fish bowl and pedestrians can see me walk out of the bathroom sans pants. But lets face it, that is a win for the community.