Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿#the day after chris cornell died gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I am pleased as punch that I have little more than a few hundred square feet of yard to maintain now. The drawback being that the place is a bit of a fish bowl and pedestrians can see me walk out of the bathroom sans pants. But lets face it, that is a win for the community.
Won't somebody think of the children?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. I have nothing to add beyond the amusement that Wifey is having all of her friends fly out for a girl's trip to Breck this weekend and it's dumping snow.
Check out the Copper snow stake:

:rofl:

Well, fuck it. If I make an Irish coffee, but with Bulliet Rye, is it a Kentucky coffee?
I think, according to the Urban Dictionary, that this is something REALLY different. :homer:

Yeah, that's notably bigger than me. You also live in L-Town, so older properties have larger lots.
Yah - our 1st house had an even BIGGER yard than this one. Fortunately, the grass-footprint is pretty small here. But once the weeds come in up on those hills... fuck.

I am pleased as punch that I have little more than a few hundred square feet of yard to maintain now.
Our exit plan involves something like this on a large-ish piece of unmaintained land:

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think, according to the Urban Dictionary, that this is something REALLY different. :homer:
Sweet baby jeebus, that's funny/disgusting. (Search urban dictionary for Kentucky coffee creamer. You've been warned. heh)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Hi all. I'm glad I got my ride in yesterday before the weather:

Full length of the downhill section if you're feeling particularly time-wastey at work.

Today I drive in, because rain. Half day of academic time, half day on service, and a dress rehearsal tonight for Saturday's concert.
Which camera and gimbal are you using? I think I'm gonna have to break down and get a gimbal. The difference in footage on the bike is night and day.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The Chris Cornell mews bummed me out pretty good this morning too. First time was Lollapalooza 1992 at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in the Raleigh area, with college mtn. biking buddies. I know what will be on my spotify feed all day.

Morning monkies,
I was at that show as well. Chris Cornell walked right by me with his body guard who could barely keep up. Short guy with a huge voice.

As awesome as Soundgarden and the other acts were, Ministry stole the show. Remember the plague of flying cups ?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Which camera and gimbal are you using? I think I'm gonna have to break down and get a gimbal. The difference in footage on the bike is night and day.
Evo SS gimbal, chosen for its 1 year warranty
GoPro Hero5 Black mounted up to it

The mounting system on the gimbal was clearly designed for the Hero3 and Hero4's button positioning. Overall works well enough with only occasional camera bobbles now that I screwed around with its settings a bit.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Been having some crazy water hammering effects with three of the five zones on my sprinkler system..... Finally grabbed a pressure gage, line pressure at 104 to the house. Well shit, sprinklers are supposed to be like 30-50, and home 45-60. Installed a regulator on the sprinklers and all is well, the one for the house will be here next week.....

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I was at that show as well. Chris Cornell walked right by me with his body guard who could barely keep up. Short guy with a huge voice.

As awesome as Soundgarden and the other acts were, Ministry stole the show. Remember the plague of flying cups ?
I do no remember the cups, but I don't remember much from 1992. We were in the private boxes that they had, with waitress service, so I am sure I was pretty toasted.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
I was just gifted a bottle of Stranahans whiskey. Granted I don't drink whiskey, but if I decide to start, that a decent place to start?
I doubt it. But that's mainly because whisky sucks. Your best bet is to gift it to @Pesqueeb. That's what I'm gonna do with mine.

Sweet baby jeebus, that's funny/disgusting. (Search urban dictionary for Kentucky coffee creamer. You've been warned. heh)
I actually just made that up, without consulting the Urban Dictionary. That said... I'm not surprised. :monkey:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I was just gifted a bottle of Stranahans whiskey. Granted I don't drink whiskey, but if I decide to start, that a decent place to start?
Yes. For the neophyte, I recommend an ice cube and a splash of water.

Somebody left a bottle of Fireball at my house. If that's not the most foul swill on this planet I don't want to know what is.
You're already catching on.

"Kentucky hot cocoa". :disgust:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hey stinkyboy....if you can hear me....kick mr cornell in the dick for me for cashing out early...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
FYI:
1 shot espresso
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 oz hot water
1.5 oz Bulliet Rye
1.5 steamed milk

Stir espresso and brown sugar until sugar dissolved. pour in water and rye, top with steamed milk. :drool:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Technically, whisky is scotch. Whiskey on the other hand is the shitty swill made in America.

If you have a taste for whiskey, but have a distain fo whisky, then you need to try some quality stuff. Might I recamend a 16 year lagavulin, or an 18 year Glen fiddich, or Glen farclas..... Those will likely change your mind

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What kind of panty wasted fucktard are you? Water of the Gods I say. Except for Scotch, that shit is nasty.
I'll let you guys argue about whisky and scotch.

I'll be over here tossing back a Hendrick's and Bitter Lemon. :cheers:

Technically,
Whenever someone starts a statement with "technically" you can be sure that they are about to be an asshole. NTTAWWT. :D

Day of redneck gym concluded. Retaining wall complete. Tool shed jacked up an inch and a half. Many 6 x 6" by 8' timbers carried. Much gravel shoveled, both by power and by hand. Beer and various stories shared with mini-excavator operator. To resume tomorrow morning.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Bitter Lemon?

Heh. Inherited that from my old man, who used to drink cheaper gin with Schweppes Bitter Lemon. But my monacle status requires I drink at *least* Hendrick's. I've toyed with the idea of going full-dentist with The Botanist... but haven't made that jump as of yet.

Not even sure you can get Schweppes Bitter Lemon any more...?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dog that bite me in the Park was destroyed. Owners never showed up for court. They chose to settle with me outside of court. I asked for 10 grand. They didn't even hesitate. I have to pick up the check from their daughter tomorrow. Lawyer waived his fee if they paid for the doctors visit and the check clears. They stopped by the docs with a credit card 2 hours later.