Quantcast

☆☆☆ Weekend Day Numero Uno ☆☆☆

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just slipped on some ice and drove my arm into the side of the house. May legitimately have a torn rotator cuff now. It's always good when one body part hurts so badly you get a headache.

I need to move to florida.
other injured shoulder guy sends vibes.

also you should move to nc. no snow here and plenty of places to dirtbike and not-ebike. if you stick far enough west you can even be near windrock.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Anyone else have to reset the pipe jaws on their swivel vise before any actual work can get done today ? @HardtailHack
Oh man, I have a cheap non pipe swivel vise in the back of my work truck. They are awesome when they come loose and get stuck in a really shitty spot.

I cracked a workshop vise by using it to test a torque wrench, oops! Luckily it wasn't the big pipe one.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Oh man, I have a cheap non pipe swivel vise in the back of my work truck. They are awesome when they come loose and get stuck in a really shitty spot.

I cracked a workshop vise by using it to test a torque wrench, oops! Luckily it wasn't the big pipe one.
I'm way overdue for a complete rebuild on my vise. Tool maintenance...hmpf...grumble, grumble...

Cracked a vise ? :eek:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm way overdue for a complete rebuild on my vise. Tool maintenance...hmpf...grumble, grumble...

Cracked a vise ? :eek:
Yeah it was the end of the day and I was feeling dumb, wanted to see if a used torque wrench I bought would click.
It clicked at 400Nm but the Vise clicked somewhere after 400 but before 500, hahaha!
Made a good noise as it let go.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20230211_144411_Earth.jpg

i should have more time taken off....no time to visit here....google earth will not give street view....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I started off amused but got tired of it. I’ve heard it actually ends pretty well so I should revisit it.
just have seen season two...might binge season 1 when i get home...

head of security cracks me up....that and how much the city council there must really hate him....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
where you at fella?
that is the land in near pagosa springs according to google earth...

at the moment

at brothers in colorado for charlatans/ride concert in denver...heading back to cackalacky in the morning...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So far ... Coffee and a bagel sandwich, some Zelda, a little laundry, Chick-fil-A for lunch with my daughter, then off to the playground. Later will pick up dough for pizza night, and allegedly some more double nugget nectar.
Accomplished all of the above, including scoring a whole case of double nugget. Did 45 minutes on the trainer. Time to make the pizza.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just slipped on some ice and drove my arm into the side of the house. May legitimately have a torn rotator cuff now. It's always good when one body part hurts so badly you get a headache.

I need to move to florida.
Shit, heal up quick!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skied the Cirque with my 10 year old’s Devo group. Good times except for my new ski boot liners trying to murder my poor feetsies

31CDBCC2-2109-4C41-BE5C-3052E85C8D77.jpeg
28D1A513-E466-4D43-B561-7F3EF384FE15.jpeg
DEACFCED-8BB0-4570-B54B-58354DDFE544.jpeg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
VFW valentine's dinner for vets tonight, should be interesting. The conversations at the meeting last night were good. The new anti militia law has sparked some discussion. :rofl:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I ate cheesy weiners for dinner.

Thinking about riding bikes. Wife wants me to prune the roses. Gonna relax instead.

I hear good things about UP. I just imagine a bunch of moose covered in giant mosquitos. Like AK but not so far away.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I ate cheesy weiners for dinner.

Thinking about riding bikes. Wife wants me to prune the roses. Gonna relax instead.

I hear good things about UP. I just imagine a bunch of moose covered in giant mosquitos. Like AK but not so far away.

And lake effect snow when the wind blew from the North, South, East, or West.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
My bench vise is one that broke and the prior owner welded it together half-assed. Want a new one, but haven't picked one out. 4" jaws, if I recall correctly.
I have a 4'' like this:

Bought it at a Flea Market 30ish years ago for $50. Now the vises with removable pipe jaws are very difficult to find and cost hundreds of dollars.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have a 4'' like this:

Bought it at a Flea Market 30ish years ago for $50. Now the vises with removable pipe jaws are very difficult to find and cost hundreds of dollars.
Yeah ours is like that but is an 8“, it's only a Taiwanese or Chinese one but it seems decent.
New cheaper ones seem to mostly have really corse threads so you get SFA clamping force.
These aren't pipe clamp types but it's still interesting for nerds-

I have a Record at home, it's okay but no better than a decent Chinese one.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Been wanting one of these vises for a while now, if I could have this and the Orange Vise bench vise my vise life would be complete

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I found my vise in an old shed, covered in grime. Unbolted it from the bench, took it home, dismantled, deep cleaned, had my buddy powder coat it. Best free barn score I've had in a long time. No I didn't steal it. The prior owner died and sold the property. Before it sold, his adult kids let me rummage around for anything that I wanted.

Resized_20221115_092258.jpeg

The farm bought the property. I ended up having to renovate the old house for renters. When we pulled up the carpet in the living room - found a GIANT blood stain in the sub floor. Still shaking my head on that one.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I found my vise in an old shed, covered in grime. Unbolted it from the bench, took it home, dismantled, deep cleaned, had my buddy powder coat it. Best free barn score I've had in a long time. No I didn't steal it. The prior owner died and sold the property. Before it sold, his adult kids let me rummage around for anything that I wanted.

View attachment 189181

The farm bought the property. I ended up having to renovate the old house for renters. When we pulled up the carpet in the living room - found a GIANT blood stain in the sub floor. Still shaking my head on that one.
That's a Wilton. Damn nice score right there.