Quantcast

☆☆☆Friday GMT☆☆☆

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Working from home is a treat. I've just finished steaming another batch of raw peanuts, they are delish. :cupidarrow:
I've worked from home for two weeks straight. Haven't been in the office since May 27th. WIN!

Also visited my dental surgeon for a consultation about some implant work and it looks like I'll be paying almost more than what monkeys here paid for their dentist bikes recently - combined. :panic:
Just have 'em pulled and go with the English grill?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yesterday we compared our mortgages, today is about our education and wealth mis-management strategies, what comes tomorrow - cup sizes of our better halves? :think:
We're all getting grown-up/old. These are real topics now.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I used my degree as kindling to start the fire.
My diploma is so hideous that it looks like it was designed by someones secretary and printed at Kinkos. Never framed it, just stuck it in some binder on a shelf.

Majored in Art with a concentration in painting, now a full time metalsmith. So as to whether I use my degree, yes and no.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today since it's been threatening to storm. When it's windy like this, it's too dangerous to be in the woods. I've seen 2.5" dia. branches get driven a foot into the ground. Fuck getting hit with one of those if I can avoid it.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
And what is your six figure job ?
And what is your six figure job ?
Construction project manager $20 million and larger projects. This is the take home after all deductions 401k health insurance etc Plus year end performance bonus company truck gas card I'm not trying to sound like a dbag even though I totally do sound like one.....

but I'm really good at my job and pic is just to show I'm not talking shit
Screenshot_2016-06-17-19-27-05.png

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here is a segment of today's ride on the Giggle Pig. Today I softened up the front end and tightened the rear, in this segment I used every inch of travel on both ends and never felt it. A minute or so in you can have a laugh as I struggle to keep the front end planted on a short climb. This is a lot of bike for me to pedal around, I can manage 90 minutes a day but am totally gassed by the end. Even so I have no inclination to take either end out of trail mode.

I know its boring, I'm a hack.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Construction project manager $20 million and larger projects. This is the take home after all deductions 401k health insurance etc Plus year end performance bonus company truck gas card I'm not trying to sound like a dbag even though I totally do sound like one.....

but I'm really good at my job and pic is just to show I'm not talking shit
View attachment 122632
You get paid weekly? I get paid the 1st and the 15th. I have an in law that is a heavy equipment manager for a regional construction firm, he makes bank but has to yell at everyone all the time. He too has never paid for his own gas but he had to work the oil fields of SD.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I was bitching to myself that I was out of shape while riding today. Up comes a 65 year old man on a 1989 Bianchi with what appears to be stock tires, just having a lovely time pushing his bike up the hill. Mind you this was headed to one of our most technical descents in the area. Put things in perspective for me.
He was wearing a tshirt, gym shorts, and running shoes, having the time of his life.
I greatly enjoyed the rest of my ride as a result of the encounter.
I hope he made it down ok!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So, I was bitching to myself that I was out of shape while riding today. Up comes a 65 year old man on a 1989 Bianchi with what appears to be stock tires, just having a lovely time pushing his bike up the hill. Mind you this was headed to one of our most technical descents in the area. Put things in perspective for me.
He was wearing a tshirt, gym shorts, and running shoes, having the time of his life.
I greatly enjoyed the rest of my ride as a result of the encounter.
I hope he made it down ok!
The best technical rider I have ever biked with rode a full rigid Bridgestone from the mid 80s when steel was real.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wife's bday today. stayed home and hung with the kids so she could chill, get a massage, etc.
made a killer pavlova for dessert

hike tomorrow, ride sunday?

Last edited:

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
You get paid weekly? I get paid the 1st and the 15th. I have an in law that is a heavy equipment manager for a regional construction firm, he makes bank but has to yell at everyone all the time. He too has never paid for his own gas but he had to work the oil fields of SD.
Weekly and I don't have to yell I approve the contractors pay apps and everyone settles down when you remind them you will sit on their money until the day they try and lien the job
I deal more with owners of the. Various trades companys town engineers DPW power and gas company architect engineers more on the front end getting everything ironed out before it becomes problem and little interaction with the labor force the general Foreman deals with them

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Association with Toshiba has ended. They make copiers now. I have no need for copiers. Yamaha doesn't make copiers. They make some kick ass Audio Components however. I love getting free shit also.... Very impressed.

Why doesn't your entertainment system cover your kitchen? Think of how much time you spend in the kitchen? Should family time in the kitchen exclude Music, memories, and information?

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have two in-ceiling Klipsch speakers in the kitchen. The receiver in the basement drives it as a second zone. Said receiver gets content streamed to it from our phones via AirPlay. 'tis a nice setup.