Quantcast

♢◆♢Wednesday GMT♢◆♢◆

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So did my favorite 'rowdy' ride on Teton Pass (Phillips ridge to Phillips Canyon). This bike is a beast. Ran it in its slickest position (65 I think) and it was a mini DH. Couldn't be more psyched. On the climb up (~2800 feet) I ran into a guy that had just ran into two big bear cubs (probably two years old). Put some spice into the climb...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hot Dog Water Stout?

Lunch ride was good. SS's most hated trail, but that's ok with me since I ride from home. Rear tire felt just a touch sqooshy climbing, which means far too sqooshy at speed. I was sure I was going to roll the tire off the rim. Stupid air. :rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Phoned the hotel front desk to complain hotel wifi won't authenticate me for some reason this evening. Held my tongue when asked was I spelling my name correctly...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I see you Monkies had a productive work day. I had a full day of excitement and anticipation as the first half results for profit plan dropped. I managed 124% of operating profit and 98.3% in top lines sales. As of June 30th the projected company payout is 93%. I will net 200% for operating profit and 90% for top line sales. Show me the money bitches. :)

ALSO: The market is on fire, anyone besides @stoney profiting from the Trump Lunacy Effect?

Tomorrow back to riding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
New I see you Monkies had a productive work day. I had a full day of excitement and anticipation as the first half results for profit plan dropped. I managed 124% of operating profit and 98.3% in top lines sales. As of June 30th the projected company payout is 93%. I will net 200% for operating profit and 90% for top line sales.
200% of what?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
200% of what?
"Target" comp which is calculated at 25% of salary, the ultimate goal is 200% which is max. It's called profit sharing. If you meet your plan you hit target and get comped at 25% of salary, if you beat plan by more than 10% you comp at 50% of salary. The metrics are weighted at 60% for market share (top line sales) and 40% for bottom line profit. It's why early retirement.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
"Target" comp which is calculated at 25% of salary, the ultimate goal is 200% which is max. It's called profit sharing. If you meet your plan you hit target and get comped at 25% of salary, if you beat plan by more than 10% you comp at 50% of salary. The metrics are weighted at 60% for market share (top line sales) and 40% for bottom line profit. It's why early retirement.
So you're getting a bonus of 50% of your yearly salary? Nice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Service over in Buffalo. Procession heading to South Boston then Marshfield. Shit was crazy. Line down the block. My foster brother and foster mom both went above and beyond all belief. I love them both. All the Canadians will be going. Should be quite the scene.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Uhhhh.....200% of 25% of salary = 50%, no?

Man, I thought my company's PSP metrics were convoluted :rofl:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Uhhhh.....200% of 25% of salary = 50%, no?

Man, I thought my company's PSP metrics were convoluted :rofl:
The 60/40 split makes things even more convoluted... we also have the opportunity to earn additional dollars for being top quartile performers in various metrics that are presumed to increase market share and customer loyalty. It's a good, though high pressure gig for someone who enjoys working the margins.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got home and found one of my tomato plant pots tipped over, with one of the large branches pretty much snapped off the main stem. Jalepeno plant next to it was also bent over. Other two large pots look untouched. What the hell. It was rainy and windy earlier, but unless we got some tornados, not enough to tip over a large planter pot... :mad::mad:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Just got home and found one of my tomato plant pots tipped over, with one of the large branches pretty much snapped off the main stem. Jalepeno plant next to it was also bent over. Other two large pots look untouched. What the hell. It was rainy and windy earlier, but unless we got some tornados, not enough to tip over a large planter pot... :mad::mad:
OH SHIT

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I really needed to go for a bike ride after the hell day of work. That meant putting the lights on the bike and waiting until the temps dropped into the mid 90s from the low hundreds. I headed out at 8:30 pm. Still hot and humid so I throttled back on the effort and held a 16 mph effort. Riding in the dark brings out things that you would miss in daylight. There was this wonderful musty smell and taste in the air by the Vineyards. The dampness by the creeks and that distinctive odor of skunk on one short stretch. Great hour ride.