Quantcast

♢◆♢Wednesday GMT♢◆♢

I do have a ampmeter, also picked up a plug in power meter. I made up a spreadsheet of how much power and total energy is used for the dishwasher and all other appliances. No big consumer. But I also have not seen the high usage. What makes me a bit nervous is that there is a chance I have an intermittent short somewhere. Some of the wiring in the house is over 100 years old.
Time for a data logger...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Group ride tonight - got my ass handed to me on smooth fucking fireroads. That pretty much confirms my decision that after this season, I am done with volunteering with these rides as they are either slow and boring (beginners) or fast and boring (XC bros). On an interesting note, I didn't know my heart rate can still go as high - well beyond the calculated max for my age. #doyouevenxcbro?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Group ride tonight - got my ass handed to me on smooth fucking fireroads. That pretty much confirms my decision that after this season, I am done with volunteering with these rides as they are either slow and boring (beginners) or fast and boring (XC bros). On an interesting note, I didn't know my heart rate can still go as high - well beyond the calculated max for my age. #doyouevenxcbro?
I pretty much hate group rides for that reason. It's usually a bunch of people battling to the top, then looking like they have a stick up their ass the entire descent. Also, IME, very strong climbers hate to admit they are getting dusted on the descents and don't like to yield...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I pretty much hate group rides for that reason. It's usually a bunch of people battling to the top, then looking like they have a stick up their ass the entire descent. Also, IME, very strong climbers hate to admit they are getting dusted on the descents and don't like to yield...
I'm a slow & steady climber but I do enjoy a fast descent!

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pretty much. I think that during these rides, my brake pads wear as much in a single ride as in a whole month of my solo riding.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I'd rather run into little black bears. Moose are just so unpredictable. I have thrown rocks at them before, dumb ass move.
Now grizzlies, OTOH...just no.
I usually ride with bear spray, but not today.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Was just at Northstar this last weekend and apparently some dude T boned a black bear on a blind jump on Livewire...he looked pretty shaken up.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Post pics! How did you solve the chainline issue?
see the GG thread.
I used a boost adapter kit: 6mm axle shim on NDS of wheel + 3mm rotor spacer, then dished the wheel 3mm back to center. It was a piece of pie, but I've already cursed the axle spacer when I removed the wheel and it roller away. Chainline is perfect.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Delayed reaction thought: Riding a trail/non-DH bike in Whistler bike park is a good way of making the Whistler bike park somewhat terrifying all over again. Considering unloading the DH bike as a result.

That is all...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those aren't mountain bikers. They're Roadies.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
packed up the backpack tonight. First time carrying a bear can. what a pain in the ass plus the extra couple of pounds. Then there is the extra few pounds of carrying a whole tent weight instead of sharing with a partner ( our tents are a bit tight for two guys over 6 feet tall) still with fishing gear and food i'm in the mid 30 pound range. I will go back through and see what gear is extra

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Come up for our group ride. We're all pretty much on the same level and the order in which we ride pretty much never changes. The usual 2-3 people up front who are just balls fast and the others playing catchup from behind. But in reality, we just fart around the trails going from one "downhill" trail to the next. If you're on the brakes up front, you're definitely getting yelled at, heckled or roosted with dirt at the bottom. :busted: Elbows out bro!!

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
it's not just there. it seems like every other ride i've gotta block off strava cheater lines.
Same here, it is infuriating. Those assholes also remove logs and rocks from the trails. I am expecting much worse with the onset of the new breed I've started seeing this summer - overweight middle aged dudes on e-bikes, apparently lacking basic handling skills. :rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Same here, it is infuriating. Those assholes also remove logs and rocks from the trails. I am expecting much worse with the onset of the new breed I've started seeing this summer - overweight middle aged dudes on e-bikes, apparently lacking basic handling skills. :rant:

We had major problems with trail widening and re-routing at my 'backyard' trails in Virginia. Hikers really were the worst offenders. An n sized group of people like to walk n-wide. Hikers saw no value in superfluous bends in trails and constantly short cut them. I would piss on the logs and branches I moved into place, at least a short term chemical deterrent for people moving them.