Quantcast

♢♢♢Thursday GMT♢♢♢

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got a wee bit shy of a foot of snow overnight. I had the foresight to bring my work laptop home with me, so I'm just gonna work from home today and avoid the catastrophe that is sure to be the commute.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
8°F, and with the wind feels like -2°F. We had a good dump of wet snow last night. these two factors combined mean very compacted snow and fast trails for the ride tonight. win!

also, looks like we can ride in on the lake to my buddies cabin on an island for the night Saturday. Even more win! no wives, no kids, and a giant shed. it's a perfect way to wind down the holiday season.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_5435.PNG

I'm on academic time today. Just have to make it in by noon for a meeting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cold, snowing, and sideways. Getting out of the neighborhood was exciting this morning.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Jeebus, disaster of a morning. Forgot to set the coffee, then the truck wouldn't start (too cold, had to boost it), missed the bus, had to get gas to drive in, realized at the gas station I had left my badge in my other jacket pocket, double back to the house, and STILL made it in the office by 7. Got an ok parking spot, too. But seriously, its damn cold outside. Where is this global warming I keep hearing about? :tinfoil:

<edit> It's 20 degrees of freedom outside!!! WTF.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First time using the snow plough to clear the roads in my neighborhood. Far more rewarding than my day job but the pay is $0pm. I don't think that's going to be fiscally viable as a long term career.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
First time using the snow plough to clear the roads in my neighborhood. Far more rewarding than my day job but the pay is $0pm. I don't think that's going to be fiscally viable as a long term career.
how dare you take the joy out of a cdot plow drivers day in plowing in neighborhood driveways!!!!

have you no shame!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I LOVE shoveling snow. I don't know why. It's hard work and exhausting. But I love it.
:crazy:

I shoveled my front walk, sidewalk, as well as doing a decent but not perfect job for the sidewalk in front of the 4 neighbors to my left and 3 to my right. Then I scraped my driveway, at least until the point near the alley where there remained 2" of solid ice from the last bout of storms.

It's futile, I tell ya.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Even if your drive way looks like this 3 times a day? (courtesy of city snow plow)
For some reason that didn't work until I clicked on the photo link. That's your driveway? Brutal. I'd have resorted to multi-stage gasoline powered goodness long ago with that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
For some reason that didn't work until I clicked on the photo link. That's your driveway? Brutal. I'd have resorted to multi-stage gasoline powered goodness long ago with that.
Fvcking google - won't show pictures referenced from pages until I migrate old galleries to G+.
Yep, my driveway two years ago. Shoveling snow is mostly OK. Shoveling ice blocks with snow that plows dumped to your driveway is hell. I got a snowblower since.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fvcking google - won't show pictures referenced from pages until I migrate old galleries to G+.
Yep, my driveway two years ago. Shoveling snow is mostly OK. Shoveling ice blocks with snow that plows dumped to your driveway is hell. I got a snowblower since.
Reminds me of our crappy rental on Long Island. It was right on a major road so we'd get plowed in similarly.

Before:

After 1.5 hours of shoveling and snowblowing:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Jeebus, disaster of a morning. Forgot to set the coffee, then the truck wouldn't start (too cold, had to boost it), missed the bus, had to get gas to drive in, realized at the gas station I had left my badge in my other jacket pocket, double back to the house, and STILL made it in the office by 7. Got an ok parking spot, too. But seriously, its damn cold outside. Where is this global warming I keep hearing about? :tinfoil:

<edit> It's 20 degrees of freedom outside!!! WTF.
What about your lunch? Still sitting on the counter? :brows:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning again Monkies! Its an awesome 11 degrees and sunny but the wind is a consistent 18MPH, I can last about a half hour riding in that so I will.

Gym today was super awesome. 120 minutes on the treadmill in 5/10 intervals for just under 10 virtual miles. 60 minutes on the elliptical and 4 laps in the pool. My legs are cooked but I am really happy with my progress.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Meant to ask sooner......what's the significance of the Ginger Baker avatar? Other than the fact he's a badass.
That's pretty much it... my dad was stereo phonic hifi nerd in the late 60s and 70s so I got to listen to all kinds of music on big ass speakers that could shake a house, Cream and Traffic were always my favorites but there was also Black Sabath and Led Zeppelin. And Eric Burdon and WAR...

Plus this from the 1990s

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Last edited: