Quantcast

♣♣♣♣ Tues-of-the-Derp ôôôô

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. 6" of white on the [NZ]deck[/NZ]. Getting the alignment done this am. Shop is in the other side of metro, so it should make for a fun drive with my very low tread tires. Taking the city street route to keep speed down, because sketchy as fuck.

Back and forth on getting new wheels with my tires. I tend to buy used wheels because new ones, imho, are overpriced. But most wheels available are in STI bolt pattern which requires me to get a conversion adapter set which costs $325. That alone forces me back up to near the price of new wheels. Once we talk about shipping at $50/wheel, we are definitively only $100-150 less than new for tires with wear. Locally most people keep their original set for winters, so there isn't really anything around that is pick-up. Very frustrating.

Otherwise, meh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like we're in for a few hours of below freezing temps the next few nights and potential snow. I guess I'll be dragging all the potted plants inside and doing that shuffle until Thursday.

I too have nothing. Work is frustrating.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi pals! Still trying to adopt a dog. This may take longer than I expected. The two greyhounds were very easy to adopt since Wife was a volunteer. We just said "We want that one" and it was ours. Now we're working with an adoption agency and there was an interview and screen and application and whatnot, and we can only screen for one dog at a time instead of seeing several. Pains in the asses.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hi pals! Still trying to adopt a dog. This may take longer than I expected. The two greyhounds were very easy to adopt since Wife was a volunteer. We just said "We want that one" and it was ours. Now we're working with an adoption agency and there was an interview and screen and application and whatnot, and we can only screen for one dog at a time instead of seeing several. Pains in the asses.
Welcome to the process of adopting during COVID. This is how our search for a male black Lab turned into us bringing home a female Chihuahua.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Craigslist.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
14" overnight at Winter Park, apparently!

but I work today. Wife gets jab #2 this afternoon and Ankmar is coming around to fix the janky garage door so my work schedule will be a bit weird.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in until 0530. Espresso consumed. still no motivation. Yesterday was a shorts day as it hit the mid 80s. Only supposed to be 70 today. Probably switch to uniform shorts at around 11am. 6 weeks until we hit Grand Teton. I have already checked out mentally from work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Back and forth on getting new wheels with my tires. I tend to buy used wheels because new ones, imho, are overpriced. But most wheels available are in STI bolt pattern which requires me to get a conversion adapter set which costs $325. That alone forces me back up to near the price of new wheels. Once we talk about shipping at $50/wheel, we are definitively only $100-150 less than new for tires with wear. Locally most people keep their original set for winters, so there isn't really anything around that is pick-up. Very frustrating.

Otherwise, meh.
This alone is enough to justify getting new wheels. Keep as little shit between your wheels and hubs as possible.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Welcome to the process of adopting during COVID. This is how our search for a male black Lab turned into us bringing home a female Chihuahua.
We're really open to whatever breed. We just want a dog that's more on the younger side, isn't enormous (our house is small), is neither a biter nor aggressive, and can go for hikes and runs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Otherwise, meh.
:popcorn:

How much is a driveline swap? Just saying. :busted:

Few axles here, few brakes there, new transmission. Boom, before ya know it, that big turbo has been plumbed in. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
todays activities include: coffeeing it nao, dropping 15yo off at school, procrastinating starting writing a grant, trying to round up support to bid on a painting at an upcoming auction, zoom call about a upcoming catalogue, phone call about a different catalogue, lunch (beer?), emails, pick up 15yo, take 11yo to mtb team practice, ride while he practices...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
5G activates today. So far I am just getting traffic updates and some AM sports radio podcasts.

May go show off my immunosupremacy by purchasing a beer poured by someone else.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Day 2 of jackhammering the driveway across the street. This is after they already jackhammered the neighboring driveway a couple of weeks ago. Joys of WFH.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20210420-121429_Instagram.jpg

choices...this time around....paper or canvas option...

if canvas....might just store it for a couple years and see what it's worth....

mental health trip got changed again....atleast I am arriving earlier instead of later..,

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Who the fuck are YOU and what have you done with our beloved @Full Trucker? :think:
I don't know what you're talking about... this 'job' thing has been getting in the way of my skiing all fucking season. But it's sure as shit gonna get in the way of my Mojab birthday trip. On deck for rides is looking like...
  • Mag 7 to Portal
  • Porcupine Rim starting from Jimmy Keen
  • Hymasa > Amasa > Pothole > Rockstacker > Jackson's (or maybe Ajab?)
  • Dave's Trail
  • Falcon Flow
  • Eagle Eye
Ain't gonna suck, that's for sure. I'll take some pictures... or somebody will.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
OCD Man brought his bike over. Along with all the parts I have replaced on his bike for the last 10 years. He thinks If I need and parts I can "cull" through them and use them to replace any parts I might need to get his bike "perfect" this year. To him the brake pads worn down to nubs still have life in them. I really have to start throwing customers parts away instead of giving them back.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don't know what you're talking about... this 'job' thing has been getting in the way of my skiing all fucking season. But it's sure as shit gonna get in the way of my Mojab birthday trip. On deck for rides is looking like...
  • Mag 7 to Portal
  • Porcupine Rim starting from Jimmy Keen
  • Hymasa > Amasa > Pothole > Rockstacker > Jackson's (or maybe Ajab?)
  • Dave's Trail
  • Falcon Flow
  • Eagle Eye
Ain't gonna suck, that's for sure. I'll take some pictures... or somebody will.
That's a quality itinerary... and now has me curious about these "Falcon Flow" and "Eagle Eye" trails... :think: