Quantcast

✆ ✆ ✆ Soothing Voice GMT ✆ ✆ ✆

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOOOOOO FRIDAY. And a four day weekend.

No word from wheel guy about the wheel. Hoping to get it back for some shreddies this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I did not get a good constitutional done prior to my run this morning and I knew that could cause issues. Fortunately things stayed in check until I got back home.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Carpenter is coming today to build the built-in's. Busy work day.

Got our first full month of stay-at-home credit card bill yesterday - it was almost $5k less than usual. That amount was largely on activities, dining, etc. All the consumer discretionary, effectively. I don't see our day-day spending changing this month either and we're most of the way through the billing cycle too.

Even this family room renovation will just be a reallocation of spending, not addition to spending. If we carry this through the year (likely, now that Wifey sees the waste), we just effectively pulled the income of an average American household out of the local economy. This is the definition of trickle-down - where an upper-middle class household puts money into the local economy. Not fucking Jeff Bezos buying another fucking yacht. God I hate the fucking GOP and their bullshit rhetoric.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi folk
drank a lot with some friends on zoom last night. I feel great this morning, but it was worth it for the laughs. One guy threw his yoga ball at the monitor for reasons unknown, knocking him off the internet and breaking his keyboard, so we made fun of him the rest of the night.

Finally ordered the last of my kid hauler parts so we can get that rolling.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Got our first full month of stay-at-home credit card bill yesterday - it was almost $5k less than usual. That amount was largely on activities, dining, etc. All the consumer discretionary, effectively. I don't see our day-day spending changing this month either and we're most of the way through the billing cycle too.

Even this family room renovation will just be a reallocation of spending, not addition to spending. If we carry this through the year (likely, now that Wifey sees the waste), we just effectively pulled the income of an average American household out of the local economy. This is the definition of trickle-down - where an upper-middle class household puts money into the local economy. Not fucking Jeff Bezos buying another fucking yacht. God I hate the fucking GOP and their bullshit rhetoric.
I'm anxious to see what our bills look like now that we have no daycare nor after school care. Should be about 2500 back in our account, but I'm not sure how gas, lunches, and other dumb shit will affect it. We have definitely been buying more shit for the house now that we're stuck in it all the time, but most of it is coming from online because reasons.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Got our first full month of stay-at-home credit card bill yesterday - it was almost $5k less than usual.
We are in the same boat. We usually spend a lot of money on dining out, going to the movies, my daily coffee runs, and buying shit, and all of that has stopped. We're now looking at the bank account like "Where the fuck is all of this money coming from??" Good problem to have, I suppose, but it'd be nice if we could use it. Add to that the fact that the wife's car will be paid off soon.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm anxious to see what our bills look like now that we have no daycare nor after school care. Should be about 2500 back in our account, but I'm not sure how gas, lunches, and other dumb shit will affect it. We have definitely been buying more shit for the house now that we're stuck in it all the time, but most of it is coming from online because reasons.
Wrap your head around this... Somehow I'm considered and essential employee. Reasoning is because I am a financial advisor and need to be available for that reason, but because of that, the state is currently paying daycare for Hannah and has been since April 1. $350/week that I and keeping in pocket vs. spending.

Realistically it's being used as an economic supplement, because it's going into the family room renovation, so a pass-through to someone else.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We are in the same boat. We usually spend a lot of money on dining out, going to the movies, my daily coffee runs, and buying shit, and all of that has stopped. We're now looking at the bank account like "Where the fuck is all of this money coming from??" Good problem to have, I suppose, but it'd be nice if we could use it. Add to that the fact that the wife's car will be paid off soon.
We have a bunch of stuff that's 0% I've been paying off for a while that's all come/coming to term within a 2-4 month period now. I'm not spending that money anymore; it's going straight into savings. We already live on Wifey's income alone, this is potentially going to amplify that to just mine.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I wonder how many people realize that and do not continue with their pre-Covid spending habits after this is over. That would be a huge blow for the economy. On that note, some of my friends are repurposing the money they can't spend on a trip for a vacation on new bikes or bike parts. :thumb:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Not much on tap for today. Work, household chores, meat preparations. And ride. Time to get my hardtail on again. Better get used to it.

Da fuq kind of activities results in a $5K monthly CC bill? Snorting coke out of hooker's assholes while slapping their tiddies with A-5 wagyu thick cut steaks?

Your monthly spending doesn't have a huge gulf from our post-tax household monthly take home...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Was going to go ride with some pilot types, but just got a text from one of the guys saying he has "symptoms" of being ill. :fie:

Guess I'm just going to peddle over to Ute Valley.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Weird. Working from home has caused my credit card bill to increase. I guess I am doing it wrong.

Got a nice ride in at new to me trails yesterday. Was alot of fun. I also realized that my dropper has a little sag. I suppose I will service it this weekend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I wonder how many people realize that and do not continue with their pre-Covid spending habits after this is over.
:wave:

We were already pretty uptight about our spending, and this has been a wake up call even for us. It's absolutely our intention to continue living like monks. Amusing I remain employed, were figuring we can have the mortgage paid off in 2 ish years.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Da fuq kind of activities results in a $5K monthly CC bill? Snorting coke out of hooker's assholes while slapping their tiddies with A-5 wagyu thick cut steaks?

Your monthly spending doesn't have a huge gulf from our post-tax household monthly take home...
$5k is our 4 months spending budget. Maybe I should be a financial advisor. :think:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning.
work killed my brain yesterday. hopefully today is better.

I'm still spending around $6-700/mo less since late Feb when I first got sick. It's remarkable. Bought myself a new guitar and new shock for the V10 (I mean, stimulated the economy!) and invested moar than typical months into retirement and have a full rainy day fund. Every extra dollar goes to investments now, and I don't see myself returning to pre-C19 spending habits whenever we get back to 'normal'.

for now, sipping coffee, checking into the GMmfT and strumming away ...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Day 8,372 of distance learning and remote teaching in our household. Slowly, I am becoming a robot...I was fighting it but have finally given into the inevitable. My morning commute from bed to coffee to office is a tight 8 minutes...I could probably cut that down 3-4 minutes by not brushing the teeth and changing out of PJs but I have standards. If it snows one more time I will go insane...fortunately the weather looks to be improving. Entertain me monkeys...I need a distraction from the monotony of my day.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

We've got two paid off houses that are going to my daughters when we fuck off to Costa Rica or wherever. Actually OWNING your home versus sucking the bank's dick for it is awesome.
SO true!!! We paid our house of back in 2017...car and truck are also paid off. We did take out a small home improvement loan last year($25k) to upgrade things ( new siding, new windows, new doors, new deck, pole barn and now we are upgrading kitchen cabinets, countertops and flooring). We are doing the work ourselves and milling our own wood for the pole barn so we've been able to stick to a nice tidy budget. Other than that loan, we have no debt...pay off the credit card every month and are living the dream.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I wonder how many people realize that and do not continue with their pre-Covid spending habits after this is over. That would be a huge blow for the economy. On that note, some of my friends are repurposing the money they can't spend on a trip for a vacation on new bikes or bike parts. :thumb:
A new bike is still on my radar once things return to a little bit of normalcy. Wife and I have cancelled five vacations/long weekend getaways due to COVID, and that's saved us thousands of dollars that we would have otherwise gladly spent. Ski trip for her, Boston Marathon weekend for me, a week in Florida, five days in Nashville, and a trip to Des Moines for a half Ironman.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning!

Not much on tap for today. Work, household chores, meat preparations. And ride. Time to get my hardtail on again. Better get used to it.

Dinner out 2 nights/week. Lunch at work 3 days/week. Activities (go-karting) $250 for 2 for 3 hours, etc. Gas for Wifey not driving to downtown everyday... I can get a list together of you'd like it. It's not ridiculous for a highlands ranch household of 4

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
SO true!!! We paid our house of back in 2017...car and truck are also paid off. We did take out a small home improvement loan last year($25k) to upgrade things ( new siding, new windows, new doors, new deck, pole barn and now we are upgrading kitchen cabinets, countertops and flooring). We are doing the work ourselves and milling our own wood for the pole barn so we've been able to stick to a nice tidy budget. Other than that loan, we have no debt...pay off the credit card every month and are living the dream.
Nice. I have no problem with strategic debt. It's nice to stick some other poor bastard with the fallout if something might not work out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if it's too much i'll gladly take it off your hands.

also

money printer goes brrr

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
A new bike is still on my radar once things return to a little bit of normalcy. Wife and I have cancelled five vacations/long weekend getaways due to COVID, and that's saved us thousands of dollars that we would have otherwise gladly spent. Ski trip for her, Boston Marathon weekend for me, a week in Florida, five days in Nashville, and a trip to Des Moines for a half Ironman.
We've saved SO much with the girls gymnastics being cancelled...team fees suspended, meet fees refunded, no travel (twice to Western NY, Rhode Island and Long Beach, CA), no gym fees and no gas & food is a fe grand in savings so we invested in new kitchen cabinets lol

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
with the money we've saved not paying our monthly gym membership, my wife was able to buy a pilates machine for home use (which she needs for PT from the accident)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
$5k is our 4 months spending budget. Maybe I should be a financial advisor. :think:
Ya, mon, but remembers where we be.

Is your 5K, in Freedom-Units, or is it in Kanukistani-Commie-Credits? You know there is a bit of difference at the moment - about 40%.