Quantcast

✆ ✆ ✆ Soothing Voice GMT ✆ ✆ ✆

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
A wise man told me you become richer when you spend money.

I think I’m gunna buy a motorcycle, and other cool shit. To bad my cocaine and hooker days are gone, hopefully not for good though.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Ya, mon, but remembers where we be.

Is your 5K, in Freedom Units, or is it in Kanukistaini-Commie-Credits. You know there is about a bit of difference at the moment - about 40%.
In Canaderp roubles. So you are right, only $3k freedom units

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice. I have no problem with strategic debt. It's nice to stick some other poor bastard with the fallout if something might not work out.
Exactly. I hate owing "the man" and would go insane if we lived paycheck to paycheck but am willing to take out the loan and work on the house but have already figured out that it won't be 15 years to pay back...5 at most. Fortunately I'm pretty low maintenance and Earl lucked out because I am the one who takes care of all the budgeting and he lives pretty care free in all of this.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Woke up on the right side of the dirt. (I think anyway)
Really good night sleep :dance:

It is the first long weekend of "Summer" here in Kanukistan, as we celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday which is known as the "May 24" weekend; even though it never falls on that date. Something about beer has to do with that little tidbit I do believe. :D

Normally we go "Car-Camping" to the local provincial park, grab a site, set up the tents, drink beer and ride bikes on the really good local trail network. But with the CoronEbolAids that is out of the realm of possibility.

Looks like some backyard camping it is. ( Firepit, Beer and Tent)
Maybe a bike ride.

So in keeping with the theme of late, I give you the weather forecast.

Today - Rain.
Friday - Rain.
Saturday - Maybe rain.
Sunday - Rain
Monday - Rain.
And just to make the workweek a joy - Tuesday - Rain.

:banghead:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Prior to Covid we had already scaled back much of our spending to save for retirement. Dinner out was only one night a week and that was usually under $60.00, Bag lunches, keep the work vehicle at home so no commute costs, kill off most of the Direc Tv channels. Cars are paid off. Two biggest drains are the house @ 3000/ month and the horses. No horses and we could retire right now but that's not going to happen ( happy wife yada yada yada).

So coffee , eats and off to virus land for me..

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Prior to Covid we had already scaled back much of our spending to save for retirement. Dinner out was only one night a week and that was usually under $60.00, Bag lunches, keep the work vehicle at home so no commute costs, kill off most of the Direc Tv channels. Cars are paid off. Two biggest drains are the house @ 3000/ month and the horses. No horses and we could retire right now but that's not going to happen ( happy wife yada yada yada).

So coffee , eats and off to virus land for me..
So you're not retiring so your wife can keep European steak? Damn.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. No kid ski lessons has been a big financial boon for me, I must say.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think i'm gonna fuck off work tomorrow and finally head into the woods for a ride. i've heard crowds are back down, i think it might be related to NJ reopening their parks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Death rate for Americans actually went down during the Depression. There was an increase in some economically related deaths, but overall it went down. Why?

Reduced infectious disease rates, and there was no pandemic.

* <--- the point

you---> *​

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
you're not wrong, but that's not the kind of direct comparison you can make. the difference is what you stated yourself - "there was no pandemic"

The point was that the financial impact on the death rate was much smaller than the the reduction in infectious disease due to lower human interaction stemming from unemployment and less travel even though there was no pandemic. The idea that more people are dieing from the financial impact of lockdowns than would from the disease is a fallacy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The point was that the financial impact on the death rate was much smaller than the the reduction in infectious disease due to lower human interaction stemming from unemployment and less travel even though there was no pandemic. The idea that more people are dieing from the financial impact of lockdowns than would from the disease is a fallacy.
no poverty won''t directly kill someone, however it's a compounding factor for other things that are fatal; those who live in poverty are general at higher risk of death from other causes, primarily health.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So I decided to go to the Mex restaurant that's 50 feet from the office today. Everything is open here now. And they served a single serving of chips and salsa to the whole table, so I can never go back. It's a shame, the food was meh but the waitress has GREAT tiddies. So long, Sandra's tiddies.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Made good w/ big bike on local-ish trails. A brushfire in The Everglades is 50 miles East, burning since Sat. or Sun. 5:00 Wedn., wind-driven smoke made near dusk lighting. Today, air quality was disgusting. Felt good to flick the way heavy Iron Horse on close trails but, after an hour the air turned bad up there too.
After logging the 2hr ride, a Strava-local of mine posted being full-on agsinst advancing fire-line. Just offered to help to save his property - how you meet people in a new area.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck yea i just got a free day off work! corporate just gave us next friday off for memorial day. we already had monday off, so 4 day weekend. if i can get some stuff in order maybe i'll take thursday off and make it 5.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lunchtime Monkeys.

Mice, WTF. Got these fancy high speed traps that didn't catch shit. Got some old school wood and spring ones and caught 5 in 2 days. I think that was all of them.

With the wife not driving and paying $225/month for parking and me not driving to the office, we have had a nice padding of the bank account as well. I bought a few things for the truck and have been making bigger payments on stuff. As long as the contract continues, we could be in a great place.

The wife only works 32 hours a week now, but still.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Effects of whatever's burning in the Everglades - janky meth-lab, single pot plant grow operation, stashed Whittington IMSA Porsche 936. Maybe the tobacco shed CIA housed KSM in. Shut down I-75/Alligator Alley here to Miami/Broward.

Last edited:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'm with the lot of you, saving tons of dough has been a nice silver lining to all of this. Living DINK-style we don't have all the expenses of you breeders, but still, a surprising amount of cash flows through our hands, particularly since we live in SF most of the time. This has been very educational and I hope to keep it leaner going forward. There's no question we'll spend less on bars and restaurants, that's for sure.

How's the "100 pushups a day" thing going? I've slipped a bit but can say I've been averaging around 500 a week.

Also, got my first quarantine haircut last week. Needed to find the right moment where I was drunk enough to let it happen but my SO was not too loaded to do it. Came out great it looks like that will be another cost savings going forward.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dusted off the squishy bike and rode it for the first time in what has to be well over a year. Turns out that thing is kind of fun. I may have to put the nice wheels and ///brakes back on it. Also new trails in Ute Valley :weee: