Quantcast

✆ ✆ ✆ Soothing Voice GMT ✆ ✆ ✆

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
There's 400acre in the Everglades not contained since after last Friday sometime. Along Picayune Strand, yes there are others that are isolated.

How is Santos??
I haven't been there in ages. And when I did go I mostly rode the jumps. I usually ride some very quiet trails in my area.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I haven't been there in ages. And when I did go I mostly rode the jumps. I usually ride some very quiet trails in my area.
Never have ridden it - want to see the Wildlife bridge over the Interstate. There's an enormous Watershed project - C43 - w/ Army Corp of Engineers, Collier, Glades, Hendry focusing on discharge from Lake O. It's massive, an 18sq mile reservoir and earmarked for future multi-use integration - probably w/o XC Skiing or Snowshoeing w/ protection orders for species domiciled there. Would make a great inter-connect to Conservation Loops on the East Coast w/ the broadening Greenway on this side.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Lunchtime Monkeys.

Mice, WTF. Got these fancy high speed traps that didn't catch shit. Got some old school wood and spring ones and caught 5 in 2 days. I think that was all of them.

With the wife not driving and paying $225/month for parking and me not driving to the office, we have had a nice padding of the bank account as well. I bought a few things for the truck and have been making bigger payments on stuff. As long as the contract continues, we could be in a great place.

The wife only works 32 hours a week now, but still.
It’s never all of them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the wheel back from wheel guy. He said no charge after flattening as much of the dent as he could, trued it up and put new rim tape on it. The least I could do was give him an expensive mixed 6 tall can pack of beer.

Its service and friendliness like that that keeps customers around and gets you referrals. It's worth the little bit of a premium price for his service (when he actually asks you to pay).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I've reset them and there are 3 traps under there. I pulled out the dishwasher and it looks like they were hanging out on top of it. I'll leave the traps under there for now.
we have gotten 11 in the last week. our wood rats wont take the bait in the cage trap. fired up the broiler & it smelled funny, goddamit i hate those things. good luck, fellow warrior.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got the wheel back from wheel guy. He said no charge after flattening as much of the dent as he could, trued it up and put new rim tape on it. The least I could do was give him an expensive mixed 6 tall can pack of beer.

Its service and friendliness like that that keeps customers around and gets you referrals. It's worth the little bit of a premium price for his service (when he actually asks you to pay).
So my 20 year old AC craps out. I call around and the only guy available is this dude whose English isn't so good. He pokes around and tells me the main board is blown. Then he makes some calls and main board isn't available. He says "Mebbe I can fix." He leaves and comes back with new capacitors soldered on the board. And it works. It's still working four years later. He charged me $40. I have sent that guy like $20-25k of work since then. He didn't charge me last time he was out here. He said "No money. Amigos."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So my 20 year old AC craps out. I call around and the only guy available is this dude whose English isn't so good. He pokes around and tells me the main board is blown. Then he makes some calls and main board isn't available. He says "Mebbe I can fix." He leaves and comes back with new capacitors soldered on the board. And it works. It's still working four years later. He charged me $40. I have sent that guy like $20-25k of work since then. He didn't charge me last time he was out here. He said "No money. Amigos."

I had a similar experience except that I replaced my own capacitors and I have no problems understanding my own bad English.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
no poverty won''t directly kill someone, however it's a compounding factor for other things that are fatal; those who live in poverty are general at higher risk of death from other causes, primarily health.
$1200 buys just enough Grey (Fentanyl) to kill you here in the ROC.