Quantcast

2010 manitou circus dj fork!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I'm just messin. Sounds pretty cool. Got more pics of it?
i have a picture of the prototype, although it is the same fork, i have QR lowers and a taller crown. i will try to get some pictures of the new one soon. i just got the info about the fork today, im trying to get ahold of one of the new air versions :thumb:

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I've always like the Sherman Jumpers. Nice and simple, very stiff with the right spring.
It's nice to see Manitou continue the short-travel fork.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
the gold label was 4,6 lbs.......
anyways.....
how is the damper inside? i saw it in your blog and there's an external compression knob...
Now that you are making manitou advertisement you coul take it apart and show us the internals....

I may get one is lighter than the coil srpung argyle!!!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
the gold label was 4,6 lbs.......
anyways.....
how is the damper inside? i saw it in your blog and there's an external compression knob...
Now that you are making manitou advertisement you coul take it apart and show us the internals....

I may get one is lighter than the coil srpung argyle!!!
ill pull it apart tonight or tomorrow.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The only thing i dislike about this fork is that you cant foot jam with it because the way the crown is.
The one travis has looks too big, but if they say there is an 80mm fork. Id love to see more reviews on how it rides compared to other DJ forks. Personally i think it looks really bad, but looks dont mean a **** if it rides nice.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
The one travis has looks too big, but if they say there is an 80mm fork. Id love to see more reviews on how it rides compared to other DJ forks. Personally i think it looks really bad, but looks dont mean a **** if it rides nice.
correct, i do have a 100mm one. it looks tall due to the crown and QR. it will be lowered to 80mm and has 20mm axle. as for the foot jam, i dont gets whats so hard about doing it with the circus?

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
correct, i do have a 100mm one. it looks tall due to the crown and QR. it will be lowered to 80mm and has 20mm axle. as for the foot jam, i dont gets whats so hard about doing it with the circus?
I have tried them on gold labels. When you go to throw your foot to do the foot jam. Your foot gets stuck on top of the crown resulting in what is commonly know as the "fail".

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
if the fork is a crucial element in footjams then you simply cant do footjams from the start
I don't want to be mean, but that was a dumb comment. Please try to foot jam a gold label or circus. Then you can respond to me.

The crown is right in the spot where the normal part society puts their foot to do foot jams. I don't know where you live, but that's what we do here.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
its all about adapting to what youre working with. its an even more drastic change of position when its on the front side of the fork, yet plenty of people can do that. i completely understand that the crown is in the way for the footjam youre familiar with, but that doesnt mean you cant still do em with a bit of practice

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I don't want to be mean, but that was a dumb comment. Please try to foot jam a gold label or circus. Then you can respond to me.

The crown is right in the spot where the normal part society puts their foot to do foot jams. I don't know where you live, but that's what we do here.

just to clarify, means the arch not the crown. personally i have never had a problem with a foot jam on it.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
its all about adapting to what youre working with. its an even more drastic change of position when its on the front side of the fork, yet plenty of people can do that. i completely understand that the crown is in the way for the footjam youre familiar with, but that doesnt mean you cant still do em with a bit of practice
True true, your foot would just be farther from stanchions. I am used to my argyle. And most bmx are the same too. But the purpose of the footjam is to jam your foot between the arch and the tire. The way the arch is placed, it is very awkard. Almost impossible.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i really am not trying to sound like a dick but when you blame the lack of the ability to do a trick on a certain component of your setup it only sounds like you havent fully mastered the trick. its no reason to say that trick cant be done on that component altogether, just that YOU cant.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
i really am not trying to sound like a dick but when you blame the lack of the ability to do a trick on a certain component of your setup it only sounds like you havent fully mastered the trick. its no reason to say that trick cant be done on that component altogether, just that YOU cant.
Do you know how to footjam? Would you like me to post a picture of me doing a foot jam?

You can ask demo9, I can footjam.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i might be one of a kind, but when i was working on footjam tailwhips a few years back i often found myself just balancing on the front wheel vs jamming it all up for stability

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
im sure you can footjam. i dont doubt that, im only saying its a bit pretentious to say a fork is worthless because you are used to footjamming on a fork with a bridge in the front

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
hey stop the lame footjam discussion please......

The thread is about the new manitou fork and not about who can footjam and who not...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
check it out at http://traviswesterkamp.blogspot.com/

ill have more info about it soon along with some pictures of the fork. i have been riding the prototype for a while now and love it.

4.7lb!
foxrox thanks for posting up the new dj fork, i've been waiting to see the thing forever. right off the bat i'm not so sure I like the crown. the fork doesnt really stand out to me as a jump fork, kinda blends in with their xc stuff. i'm interested to hear/see more about it though.

price is decent, hope the quality is there.

The only thing i dislike about this fork is that you cant foot jam with it because the way the crown is.
as noted its an arch homie. imo it makes footjams easier on maitou forks. i guess i'm just used to it, but i think the reverse arch is perfect for them.