Quantcast

2010 manitou circus dj fork!

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
right off the bat i'm not so sure I like the crown. the fork doesnt really stand out to me as a jump fork, kinda blends in with their xc stuff.
my thoughts exactly. the crown looks unnecessarily tall, and i never really liked the look of how manitou crowns flare up on the outside edge where they meet the stanchions. the gold labels looked nicer IMO

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
just make the thing look exactly like the jump sherman of years past that thing was a really good looking fork...this thing looks like a$$, bet it rides well but most of us like subdued parts on jump bikes...not some blown out, tapered, nascar xc looking fork.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i got a little more info...

the crown will be changing in the summer, it will look better.

also it uses the absolute dampener.

Sep 12, 2004
i hope they change the looks of this fork before production - this really looks like a cheap version of the older manitou blacks...i think it looks terrible. it may ride nice...but ugly

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Why everybody is doing negative comments?

I like the fork, and is lighter and cheaper than a coil argyle, ah and have air preload.
Made in usa----:D i'm sold
I would probably ditch the stickers or give them to som kid

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Pinch bolts! Just what I want when I need to change a front flat! Wasting time is the best!
Is a dirt jumping/street fork, once you put a good tire a good tube and 40psi you shouldn't get front tire flats, since you ride pavement, ramps and smooth dirt......

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Imma let you finish, but the Manitou Circus DJ fork is bad for foot jams. The Rock Shox argyle is the best fork for foot jams of all time.
If you like foot jams i suggest you getting some tight-girl pants a big tshirt, some nike 6.0 and a cromoly rigid fork... so you will be IN

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Is a dirt jumping/street fork, once you put a good tire a good tube and 40psi you shouldn't get front tire flats, since you ride pavement, ramps and smooth dirt......

40psi? no front flats? smooth dirt and pavement?

its quite obvious that you DO NOT ride street or dirt.

put on that DH full body suit, lower them tires to low 20s and wait for fat boy lifts to open ;)

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
why would a street/dirt fork need a ton of adjustments.... or any at all for that matter?
I know with me, I've only played with my rebound a handful of times I don't really need all the adjustments. A lot of riders are different though, my guess is to cater to everyone.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
I like it. I'd buy it too if my Pike ever dies. [Knock on wood!] That said, I love my Pike and I hope it never breaks.
I was looking into the Manitou Minute series of forks a while ago when they were on uber sale on Jenson at like 300-400 bucks a pop. Pretty dope deal for an apparently light and stiff fork.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh1t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
personally i still think it looks cheap, i hope (for people that buy it) that it works out great, but with the exception of the dorado, i think their stuff is garbage. Can truth footjam this version?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
personally i still think it looks cheap, i hope (for people that buy it) that it works out great, but with the exception of the dorado, i think their stuff is garbage. Can truth footjam this version?
FACT: The Truth can footjam anything.