Quantcast

2016 speculation thread

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
wife and i were discussing the results of our state last night. both disappointed but not terribly surprised bernie lost.

she however, indicated that if it comes to it, she'd probably vote for trump over clinton. she described clinton as "disgusting".
This is what I'm afraid will happen with a great number of voters. Hillary is not the most trust worthy candidate, however she is not an insane, unstable compulsive liar. Her lies are much better thought out, but I digress. Like her or not, she is capable of doing the job. Trump on the other hand is not only incompetent but dangerous.

Voting for Hillary at the worst would mean an economy that still favors the banks and corporations. Voting for Trump could very easily end up with us on track for another global war as he is Hell bent on alienating other countries.

Given the choice, I'll take the mental stability of Old Pant Suit over the insane, compulsive lying, orange clown, on a trust fund.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is what I'm afraid will happen with a great number of voters. Hillary is not the most trust worthy candidate, however she is not an insane, unstable compulsive liar. Her lies are much better thought out, but I digress. Like her or not, she is capable of doing the job. Trump on the other hand is not only incompetent but dangerous.

Voting for Hillary at the worst would mean an economy that still favors the banks and corporations. Voting for Trump could very easily end up with us on track for another global war as he is Hell bent on alienating other countries.

Given the choice, I'll take the mental stability of Old Pant Suit over the insane, compulsive lying, orange clown, on a trust fund.
the picture i saw of trump last night on CNN he looked like a spray tanned raccoon

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

here's my tl;dr version on this subject:

My $0.02 - sanders is the best chance for someone to enact meaningful change to help the majority of the country. My Top pick. Clinton, i don't think is a bad candidate by any means, but represents the establishment / business as usual politics. The GOP doesn't have a serious contender in their field, and Drumpf is outright dangerous, and lacks many, if not all qualities but one (narcissism) required to be President.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
apparently, then, @jonKranked you have as much work to do on this topic as @stoney does on the "value" and "necessity" of q7s and $1000 purses
Neither of those words factor into either of those conversations. As for the Audi, it's a battle that I will eventually lose, so why not get one at a 40% discount to market?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been trying for years to get the wife to look into getting mexican citizenship. Her dad qualifies as a citizen, so I'd think it can't be that hard. A drumpf presidency might be enough to finally get her to look into it for me.

Good luck getting over the wall.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
saw an article earlier that points out something important.

Bernie can't win the nomination outright through delegate count.

but neither can hillary. she would have to win an unrealistic amount of the remaning delegates: 71%.

trying to find the link.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, not counting the superdelegates kind of makes that piece totally useless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The lack of logic anywhere is this election makes me a sad Panda. My paranoid half makes me think puppet-masters are pulling the strings of an ignorant electorate, my pessimist side thinks it's just idiots from top to bottom.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
This. It seems like there is a whole cottage industry of Bernie sunshine pumping that has sprung up. They all like to exclude the super delegates for her delegate totals yet include them for her target. It's totally disingenuous. Either you include them or you don't and either way this is all but wrapped up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This. It seems like there is a whole cottage industry of Bernie sunshine pumping that has sprung up. They all like to exclude the super delegates for her delegate totals yet include them for her target. It's totally disingenuous. Either you include them or you don't and either way this is all but wrapped up.
A friend of mine from college is a big Bernie supporter. He has recently turned to what are some pretty outrageous claims of Hilary masterminding massive voter fraud (>20%). I pointed out on Facebook that a lot of the right also has claimed massive voter fraud each time Obama won. Claming fraud when your candidate loses is not part of a healthy political discussion, and we would be all better off discussing the pros of Bernies agenda instead of spreading conspiracy theories. Ripped some pretty big logical holes in his argument

I was expecting to get flamed pretty hard from him and his friends. I was happy to see only a few defensive comments on how they were just defending the sanctity of democracy and not butt hurt about Bernies losses.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I was expecting to get flamed pretty hard from him and his friends. I was happy to see only a few defensive comments on how they were just defending the sanctity of democracy and not butt hurt about Bernies losses.
From my jaundiced "view from the outside world" the BS (he's a poly so I'm happy to use the initials like that) followers seem to be the most rational & pragmatic of the fanclubs when it comes to politically alien concepts like "logic" so I'm not surprised.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Next couple states for Bernie might be interesting. I believe that most of teh BS closed primary states are done, so he might really tighten things up between now and convention. Going to make it pretty hard on Hillary if they go into the convention pretty much tied.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A friend of mine from college is a big Bernie supporter. He has recently turned to what are some pretty outrageous claims of Hilary masterminding massive voter fraud (>20%). I pointed out on Facebook that a lot of the right also has claimed massive voter fraud each time Obama won. Claming fraud when your candidate loses is not part of a healthy political discussion, and we would be all better off discussing the pros of Bernies agenda instead of spreading conspiracy theories. Ripped some pretty big logical holes in his argument

there are a couple states with open investigations. states that were close which could potentially change (or not change) the outcome.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Next couple states for Bernie might be interesting. I believe that most of teh BS closed primary states are done, so he might really tighten things up between now and convention. Going to make it pretty hard on Hillary if they go into the convention pretty much tied.
especially when you consider that per polls, sanders more consistently beats trump (looking more and more like the GOP nominee) and by larger margins. superdelegates and the DEM party in general are gonna have to decide if they really wanna risk a GOP/trump presidency by nominating clinton.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
especially when you consider that per polls, sanders more consistently beats trump (looking more and more like the GOP nominee) and by larger margins. superdelegates and the DEM party in general are gonna have to decide if they really wanna risk a GOP/trump presidency by nominating clinton.
Supposedly there is a video clip of Trump talking about how he didn't think he could beat Bernie.