Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Damn... Everyone is getting there early! I might have to leave work a little earlier than expected so I can get there around 1pm ish as well? :think:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
FYI:

This year Adrenaline is not having the local dudes (who put on the wednesday races) help with the 24, so the latest word is next wednesdays race will not be the 24 course
Doug, if that is the case, is Adrenaline coming in on Thurs. (2 days before the race) to map out/build the course? :confused:

I'm still planning on coming down next Wed. to "race". Maybe you can give me a informal "preview" of what your best guess the course is going to be? :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Doug, if that is the case, is Adrenaline is coming in on Thurs. (2 days before the race) to map out/build the course? :confused:

I'm still planning on coming down next Wed. to "race". Maybe you can give me a informal "preview" of what your best guess the course is going to be? :)

I thought I saw an email saying they will be there Sunday

cool, glad you still going Wednesday - and yup I can show you last years course (if you want to skip the climb I'll show you everything up til that point, then we can also hit the last mile or so)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
cool, glad you still going Wednesday - and yup I can show you last years course (if you want to skip the climb I'll show you everything up til that point, then we can also hit the last mile or so)
Sweet! Thanks! :)

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
I thought I saw an email saying they will be there Sunday

and just remeber this , Don't always belive what doug tells you about the course ? you should see the description of the course he told to the other teams last year ! He had echo ready to ride his SS with slicks on!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
and just remeber this , Don't always belive what doug tells you about the course ? you should see the description of the course he told to the other teams last year ! He had echo ready to ride his SS with slicks on!

I almost felt bad about that :blah:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Again if anyone needs some lights I have a couple of spares I can let a :monkey: borrow. If no one needs them I might strap all the lights I can on for a lap. I should be able to lay down about 120W of HIDs and another 100W of Halogen, I'd have to wear sunglasses.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Your long range forcast for DALTON, MA.:

Fri. Jun 24th
Partly Cloudy
Hi 80°/Low 60°
20% chance of showers

Sat. Jun 25th
Mostly Cloudy
Hi 84°/Low 60°
20% chance of showers

Sun. Jun 26th
Scattered Showers
Hi 82°/Low 59°
30% chance of showers.

:)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:
BWWAAHHHH!!!! That was funny!

I am looking forward to it :thumb: Should be a good time. Keep prayin' for good weather.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man am I stoked! :dancing:

Not only is the weather looking to be real nice next weekend, but this whole week looks like it'll be good, so maybe the trails will be in decent shape.

My legs feel great. I did a hard road ride yesterday, and the 1.5 mile climb that KILLED me earlier this year was NOTHING yesterday...I zipped right up and thought "That's it??" when I reached the top. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Again if anyone needs some lights I have a couple of spares I can let a :monkey: borrow. If no one needs them I might strap all the lights I can on for a lap. I should be able to lay down about 120W of HIDs and another 100W of Halogen, I'd have to wear sunglasses.
PM, yo.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:

My legs feel great. I did a hard road ride yesterday, and the 1.5 mile climb that KILLED me earlier this year was NOTHING yesterday...I zipped right up and thought "That's it??" when I reached the top. :)
That's awesome IAB! :thumb: I think I'm in the same shape as Mark! :dead:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:

Not only is the weather looking to be real nice next weekend, but this whole week looks like it'll be good, so maybe the trails will be in decent shape.

I really hope the weather holds out. This weekend at Thorpe I felt awesome on every climb. And we did some good ones. Now for the carbo loading phase :devil:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Glad to see everyone is feeling good.

I did a bunch of hill climbs this weekend, felt good but not as good as I should/could. Knee still hurts like mad from banging it on my stem last week, stupid knees.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I wonder if the 'villiage' will be the same this year - I really could go for some of that free jerky right now :drool:
Me and splat each tried to grab a free pound of jerky. I seem to remember it took something like 25 packets. I came up a bit short. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was registration this open the week before the race last year? Looks like there will be a smaller turn out. I don't get it, near large populations but few people show.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
Glad to see everyone is feeling good.

I did a bunch of hill climbs this weekend, felt good but not as good as I should/could. Knee still hurts like mad from banging it on my stem last week, stupid knees.
Yikes! Sq-Earl screwed up his knee earlier this month at West and managed to re-injure it last week (when he crashed and broke his helmet). Hopefully both of you can get through the race with minimal pain. :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Was registration this open the week before the race last year? Looks like there will be a smaller turn out. I don't get it, near large populations but few people show.

yeah, it looks like less than last year

I dont get it either - The VT 50 Reg filled up in under 45 minutes this year (600 riders)

Maybe its just the high fees?
It's not like there's a lot of 24's in the northeast
maybe they heard the ridemonkey crew will back and they are all scared!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
yeah, it looks like less than last year

I dont get it either - The VT 50 Reg filled up in under 45 minutes this year (600 riders)

Maybe its just the high fees?
It's not like there's a lot of 24's in the northeast
maybe they heard the ridemonkey crew will back and they are all scared!
I think Adrenaline might have ticked a few people off in the past years. The entry fees are certainly high. The whole lawsuit thing with Granny Gear really sucks but they whine about it too much. If they continue to bitch and moan about it this year I am going to give them a piece of my mind, they need to STFU and act more professional.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
TreeSaw said:
Yikes! Sq-Earl screwed up his knee earlier this month at West and managed to re-injure it last week (when he crashed and broke his helmet). Hopefully both of you can get through the race with minimal pain. :thumb:
Tigg vs. an injured sq-earl. My money's on Tigg. :D
Advantage: HOH

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
As if Splat isn't hyper enough, how much more hyper will he be going first? :p

ha-ha

Before the start we better make sure he puts his bike in the rack, and make sure he doesnt run past it !!

Now, How can we get him to have his camel back under 20 lbs ? :dancing:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
ha-ha

Before the start we better make sure he puts his bike in the rack, and make sure he doesnt run past it !!

Now, How can we get him to have his camel back under 20 lbs ? :dancing:
LOL

Poor Splat. :D

Christ, I can't wait for this weekend.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McG2, I would imagine those are allowed. I mean, we're camping, right...and people light fires when they camp. Justbill had a propane heater last year that was LOUD and HOT. Mmmmmm.....so very toasty.....