Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
McG2, I would imagine those are allowed. I mean, we're camping, right...and people light fires when they camp. Justbill had a propane heater last year that was LOUD and HOT. Mmmmmm.....so very toasty.....
Well I figure that open fires would not be allowed. Just looking for an alternative heat source since we have no propane heater.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
McG2, I would imagine those are allowed. I mean, we're camping, right...and people light fires when they camp. Justbill had a propane heater last year that was LOUD and HOT. Mmmmmm.....so very toasty.....

but it's normally a hay field - I thought they had a rule about no open wood fires last year??

I'd check, maybe send adrenaline an email (or I can ask wednesday)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
but it's normally a hay field - I thought they had a rule about no open wood fires last year??

I was poking around the Adrenalin website and I can't find anything about fires. I would think Tigg's closed flames would be ok, but WTF do I know?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking, that's why I was wondering about the "fireplace" as opposed to just circling up some rocks for a firepit. I'll email Adrenalin now.

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
ha-ha

Before the start we better make sure he puts his bike in the rack, and make sure he doesnt run past it !!

Now, How can we get him to have his camel back under 20 lbs ? :dancing:
I didn't run past my Bike last year during any of the exchanges... did I ?

and the camel Back will be lighter! last year onm the night lap I had close to 8 pounds worth of Batteries , This year I have changed to the Night rider HID so Much much Lighter .

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
McGRP01 said:
I got 2. You can wear my DH if you want. Might be kinda warm if it really reaches 80 degrees though. :p
Size XXL?
Maybe I can just find someone with that size and we can trade in between laps?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I wonder if the 'villiage' will be the same this year - I really could go for some of that free jerky right now :drool:
I thought you were going to say you were looking forward to being reunited with the Hooked on the Outdoors Girl. ;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Thunderstorms are great? :confused:
It's a typical Summer forecast. Personally, I'd take a warm, sunny weekend with a slight chance of showers over the crap we had last year!

My bikes are good to go! MBC replaced some cables for me last night, I checked my brakes, cleaned and lubed the two bikes, and installed the new seatpost and saddle on the Rocky. WOO HOO!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
It's a typical Summer forecast. Personally, I'd take a warm, sunny weekend with a slight chance of showers over the crap we had last year!

My bikes are good to go! MBC replaced some cables for me last night, I checked my brakes, cleaned and lubed the two bikes, and installed the new seatpost and saddle on the Rocky. WOO HOO!
My bikes should be ready to rock by the end of the evening tonight if all goes well. My plan is to bring the Ted Wojcik and a second bike that will be black in color.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Is she going to hold your hand while you race as well? :devil: J/K!!!!! :D
Bahahaha ha

oh wait, thats my team mate!

I just have one almost worthy bike to bring

IH has not sent me a replacement frame for the Hollowpoint yet :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
That does suck man. :mad: You gonna ride the Kona or borrow a bike?
sucks big time

I am still hoping the frame will make it to me before the race, but I havnt heard anything from them

yup, The Kona

I actually was going to build up a hardtail last night but ran into 2 problems, I dont have the correct size front derailuer and it needs a funky headset :confused:

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:

exactly! and it show friday/friday night/Saturday Morning as dry ! not the torential down pours that we had Saturday Morning , that turned the course into mud!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Goddy43 said:
That 50% chance of thunderstorms alarmed me a bit, other than that it looks good
Let's see...doing some quick math here......

Summer thunderstorms usually roll in around 5:00-6:00....our team averages 1:15 a lap or so, which puts either MMcG or Jollytime out on the trail during a Saturday thunderstorm. Works for me!

:dancing:

:devil:

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:

Summer thunderstorms usually roll in around 5:00-6:00....our team averages 1:15 a lap or so, which puts either MMcG or Jollytime out on the trail during a Saturday thunderstorm. Works for me!

5 -6 !! that Puts me or Doug on the trail buddy!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

1:15 avg :nope:

1:00-1:05 avg :thumb: