Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
So, any suggestions on how to heat up homemade mac-n-cheese on Friday night? :think:
T, I will have my campstove with me Friday night that you guys are welcome to use. As long as I get a bite or two of that mac 'n cheeze!!! :drool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Friday:
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the low 60s.

85 °F / 63 °F

Sunrise: 5:17 am Sunset: 8:34 pm

Saturday:
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the low 60s.

90 °F / 63 °F

Sunrise: 5:17 am Sunset: 8:34 pm

Sunday:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 50s.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
splat said:
*** Cough *** Cough *** sandbagger **** Cough **** Cough ****

As I recall you were so fast out there you even took time to stop and an enjoy a brew on the trail!
Final lap and didn't want to cross the line until noon :D

This year if someone on are team can get in just before noon I am sure greasey monkey will smoke another lap :love: I find it slightly ironic to have 4 slow people and 1 human rocket on one team :think:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Instigator said:
Final lap and didn't want to cross the line until noon :D

This year if someone on are team can get in just before noon I am sure greasey monkey will smoke another lap :love: I find it slightly ironic to have 4 slow people and 1 human rocket on one team :think:

I am sure the rest of your teammates appreciate you calling them slow! :blah:

whichever 5 :monkey: lay down the fastest times, they should form a speed monkey team and kick some ass at some other 24 hour race this summer :devil:

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
TreeSaw said:
Smartass! No mac-n-cheese for you :devil:

I'll have a propane camp stove...that should work :confused:

If you can secure use of the generator, I have a microwave and a toaster oven.

Mabey you could get one of the 4 :monkey: team members or their kinderling to trade you some turkey for mac-n-cheeze.

Cake is a good barter tool as well.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Didn't Douglas do that last year ? and Bill to till he lit his sleeping bag on fire.

almost, but I went to get some corn on the cob and came back to find bill in the lounge chair, so I put the end of his sleeping bag in the heater/fire (just kidding!)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
O.K....my "training" is officially over. :thumb: Just finished my last ride before arriving in Dalton. Tried to get some decent climbs in as they are my biggest weakness. Pretty windy up here today, keeping the avg. speed down a bit. Wind also kept the ride a bit shorter than planned. Here's how it panned out:

Dist.: 15.658 miles
Time: 1:12:19
Avg. spd.: 13.0 :rolleyes:
Max spd.: 45mph ( :eek: When you climb big hills, you get to go down big hills! :devil: )

I'm ready! :dancing: :D

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
justbill said:
If you can secure use of the generator, I have a microwave and a toaster oven.

Mabey you could get one of the 4 :monkey: team members or their kinderling to trade you some turkey for mac-n-cheeze.

Cake is a good barter tool as well.
We will have a generator on hand as well. We should be right across from you guys. Just bring a really long extension cord.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
O.K....my "training" is officially over. :thumb: Just finished my last ride before arriving in Dalton. Tried to get some decent climbs in as they are my biggest weakness. Pretty windy up here today, keeping the avg. speed down a bit. Wind also kept the ride a bit shorter than planned. Here's how it panned out:

Dist.: 15.658 miles
Time: 1:12:19
Avg. spd.: 13.0 :rolleyes:
Max spd.: 45mph ( :eek: When you climb big hills, you get to go down big hills! :devil: )

I'm ready! :dancing: :D

I heard the course is flat this year, so you should be all set :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
greasey monkey said:
I like that forcast I would rather sweat alittle than have a bike that won't work because it is packed with mud :D
:stupid:

Bring on the heat. Gives more of an advantage to reverse carpetbaggers like myself.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Public Service Announcement - for those of you who are sort of in a bind in terms of your preferred bike to be riding this weekend. I tore down my Iron Horse Hollowpoint last night as it is too big for me and I was never completely comfortable on it. It is a Medium or 19" frame (fits like most brands large) so it would fit fine for Douglas or Echo.

I know it would be weird to be riding a new frame (in Echo's case - in Doug's case it would just be the same frame but a different color with a different shock) at a race, but I'm throwing out the option of it's availability should someone want to build it up on Friday and ride it during the race. You'd just need your standard disc brake componentry and a 27.2 seatpost and 31.8mm top swing top pull front derailleur and of course your rear derailleur of choice and you'd be up and running.

I could have IAB bring it to the site on Friday since I won't be arriving until Saturday morning.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone was interested in the sake of Monkey friendship and good Kharma.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Thanks for the offer Mark, I'm just gonna go with my hardtail though. It'll be a really fast bike, no doubt, I'll just get beat up on the downhills a little. I'm gonna build it up tonight, and if by chance I need any parts I'll have time to get them. Not the case if I'm building up someone else's frame at the race site :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll have my 575 as a back up bike. If anyone needs a ride in a pinch they can use it for a few laps. But being a medium with a short stem it might be too cramped for lumbering giants like Echo and Douglas.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
just wanted to let you know that I've signed up to be a volunteer for the graveyard shift from 1130-4am. I'll be out there cheering you guys on, and throwing rocks at echo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:
just wanted to let you know that I've signed up to be a volunteer for the graveyard shift from 1130-4am. I'll be out there cheering you guys on, and throwing rocks at echo.

I might be out on the course then - be sure to give me a push if I need it! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Crazy Sweeper said:
Stop by our camp for free beer. You can't be volunteering sober.