Quantcast

(*) [^] (&) ___ Wednesderpday ___ (&) [^] (*)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you see the original post? Perhaps you accidentally ignored him. :busted:
Perhaps non-accidentally, amirite?!

:D

Could be it.

In other news I just was officially offered the Seattle job I interviewed for on May 8. Part downtown (good) part Everett (very bad commute-wise). I officially declined. Denver it is.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
brushed in four fucking Strava lines.
what does theat mean?

Just got back with meeting with the school about my son's ADHD. I'm warming to his teacher. He definitely sees the potential in my son, and I think he gets that its his job to make the teaching work for my boy vs getting my boy to fit to the teaching. But. the person who is supposed to be his advocate and resource person at the school is not like that. And it worries me, because she is supposed to be, well, his advocate. and if she sees her job as getting the boy to fit the mould, it's not going to work. If all the material the School Board and Ministry of Education have published is to be believed, they seem to have understood that ADHD can be overcome with certain accommodations and techniques to help the kids cope, and by adapting teaching methods to their needs. But I don't get the sense that she understands that. We'll see.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Went for a ride on my local steep and sketchy trail. Had an off and ended up stuck upside down between two trees after completing half a somersault. When I got to the bottom I realized my pack was unzipped and my phone had exited the premise, most likely while I was chillin upside down. Since it was getting dark and I was tired my phone spent the night somewhere on the hillside. Now I need to cancel my after work dirt jumping plans to go attempt a search and rescue operation for my phone lol.

Now for your daily dose of stupid:

It's an electric fat tricycle :bonk:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In other news I just was officially offered the Seattle job I interviewed for on May 8. Part downtown (good) part Everett (very bad commute-wise). I officially declined. Denver it is.
While I understand your draw to Seattle, it is expensive even for a doctor. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Kind of amazing to think that a place is too expensive for a doctor. Who the hell lives there? Tycoons and magnates?
While still not Bay Area/Silicon Valley expensive, Seattle isn't far off. There was an article about a "broke" $160k/year Twiter employee in San Jose that was followed by a "broke" pair of $500k/year lawyers in Brooklyn. Now Bolder is $1M average house?

Something is going to give eventually and I don't think it will be pretty.

Californians. 'Nuff said.
Me and all the other assholes that moved to Oregon in the 90's is what killed the housing market here.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Decided stretch my monocles, and buy on bad news. My get rich slow scheme is working.

Also, saw an assortment of homeless guys, on my walk to lunch, including a guy in scrubs with his hands down his pants and yelling about his dick.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Also, saw an assortment of homeless guys, on my walk to lunch, including a guy in scrubs with his hands down his pants and yelling about his dick.
And here I thought I was the only one who likes to put on scrubs and yell about my dick while fondling myself during my Wednesday lunch break.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally got my Danish phone number. Its really inexpensive to by service here. Like 25 USD for 10gb data and tons of talk time and I can bring the phone to the US and it will not cost me anything.

Finally getting somewhere with the banks. Meeting one tomorrow and one Friday. I really want to buy that house so we have it for when we the family arrives. It is not going to be easy as the wife does not have a job yet but I have a plan.

Signing a contract for a job tomorrow too. If nothing else comes up I will start June 15th I think.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HOLLLA. Woke up at 5:30 and rather than trying to go to sleep, decided to just come into work early. Will try to leave early... Friday for me and no work until Tuesday. :)

As much as I hate the city and this area in general, it is great for car watching due to the ridiculous amounts of monocle money floating around. In the last 24 hours I've seen a new Acura NSX, two Audi RS5's, new Audi R8 and one RS7.

In the last week I've seen two Ferrari F430's, 360, McLaren MP4-C (man that car is good looking compared to the new ones), two McLaren 570's (ugly as fuck....), Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Huracan and more Porche Turbo's and GT3's than I can count. I guess it helps that there is a McLaren, Porsche, Ferrari and whatever dealerships just around the corner. Speaking of Porsche, they are building a new dealership just off the freeway that is bigger than most GM/Dodge dealerships...crazy.

:banana:
And another Mclaren spotting...

Still think these new ones are ugly and they aren't loud enough.

ALSO HELLZ YEAH. Ride tonight with the dudes and then 4 straight days of beers and bike with more dudes. HELLZ YEAHZ. MURICA.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mountain Lion was ridden. I came off the bike right before the first downed tree. Will have to review video to see why. I am still not as fast as @Full Trucker but logged a nice cut off my PR on the whole DH segment.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Beer time! Rode this evening, harder than I had planned to as I was volunteered to lead a faster group ride. Almost two and half hours in the saddle in balmy upper 80s. Beer tastes great! (and it is pretty good local beer, too)