Quantcast

"A vote for Bush is a vote for Jesus"

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Rant:
So i finally heard somebody say it. I was talking to this guy at work last night and he said it. "A vote for bush is a vote for jesus", I'm freaking out. I think I popped a blood vessel, My eye started twitching and I started foaming at the mouth. WTF is wrong with people? Great you like Bush, I'm really fuking happy for you. But how fuking dumb do you have to be to say that? I thought it was a joke but he was dead serious. I think I need to quit my job, i don't have a stress problem but I will if I keep hearing shyt like this. End Rant.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Lexx D said:
Rant:
So i finally heard somebody say it. I was taliking to this guy at work last night and he said it. "A vote for bush is a vote for jesus", I'm freaking out. I think I popped a blood vessel, My eye started twitching and I started foaming at the mouth. WTF is wrong with people? Great you like Bush, I'm really fuking happy for you. But how fuking dumb do you have to be to say that? I thought it was a joke but he was dead serious. I think I need to quit my job, i don't have a stress problem but I think i will if I keep hearing shyt like this. End Rant.

Not so.

A vote for Bush is a vote against the MMoore agenda of the democratic party.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I'm really not trying to start a debate(although it could happen) but this really pissed me off. Granted this guy is a complete nut case that thinks if kerry won the election the evil communists would have taken over america. I posted this in hope that somebody could enlighten me to where someone could come up with this.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Andyman_1970 said:
BTW Jesus was(is) an independant..............
He was also from the region of land commonly referred to as the Middle East. So he looked a whole lot more like Osama and Saddam (in their earlier years, or course) than the Euro looking dude depicted in the majority of Christian propoganda, I mean...art.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Lexx D said:
I'm really not trying to start a debate(although it could happen) but this really pissed me off. Granted this guy is a complete nut case that thinks if kerry won the election the evil communists would have taken over america. I posted this in hope that somebody could enlighten me to where someone could come up with this.

So what? Does the fabled Jesus scare you?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
N8 said:
So what? Does the fabled Jesus scare you?
Not exactly pasty boy.
I just don't understand the correlation between Bush and Jesus. Since this is something that has been bothering me for a while I've been doing more reading about jesus and his teachings. I cannot find any correlation between the teachings of christ and the actions of our beloved president. That is why I get pissed off when people start saying shyt like this. But spin it anyway you like.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Lexx D said:
Not exactly pasty boy.
I just don't understand the correlation between Bush and Jesus.

Sounds to me that libs are making that correlation far more than anyone else is.

But I get the same way when some dork says the Iraqi War is a war for oil...

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
tmx said:
He was also from the region of land commonly referred to as the Middle East. So he looked a whole lot more like Osama and Saddam (in their earlier years, or course) than the Euro looking dude depicted in the majority of Christian propoganda, I mean...art.
You mean He's not Norweigen, with light blue eyes, blow dried hair wearing a nice blue beauty pagent sash??? What say it isn't sooooooooooo.................why God why ?????? OOOOOHHHHH the humanity..................... :rolleyes:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
N8 said:
Sounds to me that libs are making that correlation far more than anyone else is.

Wow, still no argument only "well the libs do this" "the libs say that". Reminds me of how the election went this year. I'm sick of this he said she said playground shyt.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:

the US is only interested in bringing democracy to cruel autocratic nations who meet certain criteria:

- they must have oil
- they must have prior history w/ political forefathers

otherwise, we should be in plenty of african and some asian nations, no?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
How Republicans feel
Tufts Daily (Tufts Univ.) | 11/8/04 | Michael Schrimpf

MEDFORD, Mass. -- Apparently, according to most of the Tufts student body, I am stupid. I am one of the 59,268,900 stupid Americans who voted for George W. Bush. Even worse, I am one of the 2,796,147 stupid Ohioans who voted for Bush. I am the person who sophomore Allie Bohm is thinking of when she says, "I can't fathom how an intelligent person can think this is good for their country."

I'm stupid for believing that the only truly fair trade is free trade. I'm stupid for not thinking that we should have extreme protectionist trade policies like we had in the late 1920s and early 1930s. I think that worked out well for us. Instead, it would make much more sense for us to artificially keep some of our businesses competitive when the goods could be produced much more economically in another country.

I'm stupid for attributing the recent loss of jobs to the evolving world economy and a president that inherited a recession instead of placing blame squarely on W's shoulders. I'm stupid for believing in the business cycle.

I'm stupid for thinking that what I earn is my money and not the government's. I'm stupid for thinking that government isn't the solution; that government is the problem.

I'm stupid for not thinking that the draft is going to be reinstituted, despite the fact that the U.S. House of Representatives voted on that very issue this year and only two congressmen voted for it. Both of those draft-supporting congressmen were Democrats.

I'm stupid for not believing that "No Child Left Behind" is under-funded despite test scores being up throughout the country. I'm stupid for not thinking that throwing more money at a problem will always solve it.

I'm stupid for feeling good about liberating an oppressed people from a ruthless dictator. I'm stupid for being proud that during the first Bush term, the world welcomed the addition of two new democracies.

I'm stupid for thinking that America should be able to take a proactive position in defending itself from another terrorist attack. I'm stupid for thinking the French wouldn't trade Paris in order to save New York. I'm stupid for putting the protection of America ahead of forming a close friendship with Chirac.

I'm stupid for voting for a former alcoholic. Apparently, I forgot that the Democrats have a monopoly on second chances and that all Republicans are heartless.

I'm stupid for believing in the entire Bill of Rights. Including the Second Amendment.

Worst of all, I'm stupid for basing some of my vote on morality. I'm stupid for thinking that two men shouldn't be able to marry each other, despite their obvious anatomical similarities.

I am even more stupid for mistaking those 10 fingers and those 10 toes and that reoccurring heartbeat coming from that "thing" inside a pregnant woman's womb as a human life. I'm also stupid for finding it hypocritical that someone charged with murdering a pregnant woman can be charged with two homicides even though there was only "one" life taken.

I'm stupid for believing that a man can have conviction and that conviction can be a good thing.

I'm stupid for laughing at Dan Rather as he stubbornly refused to call Ohio for Bush. I'm stupid for enjoying the look on Chris Matthews' face as he realized what was happening as the night grew later.

If I weren't so stupid, I'd want to move to Canada so I could enjoy their low taxes and robust universal health care system. Perhaps I can still hope that the Democrats will create a government program that will help make me not so stupid.

Stupidest of all is my real reason for voting for Bush: He was the only candidate stupider than I am.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
N8, good job getting us off topic. :thumb:

I'm still waiting for the Bush/Jesus relationship. Hell somebody show me anything that shows that Bush acts like a christian and I'll leave the whole issue alone.

Edit: I know of two things but I think we all know what they are.

Archslater

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
Indianapolis
This issue has bothered me for awhile as well.

Seems like I remember the bible depicting Jesus spending a lot of time hanging out with the sick and weak people in society, the people who most of society cast stones at. I have a hard time believing that Jesus would vote for tax cuts for the wealthy, pre-emptive war, gun rights, and leaving all social problems to private resources.

But maybe I'm the one that is stupid N8...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Andyman_1970 said:
You mean He's not Norweigen, with light blue eyes, blow dried hair wearing a nice blue beauty pagent sash??? What say it isn't sooooooooooo.................why God why ?????? OOOOOHHHHH the humanity..................... :rolleyes:
That's not Jesus, that's FABIO!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lexx D said:
I'm really not trying to start a debate
Well this is the political "DEBATE" forum after all. Im no christian, yet I support Bush's stances more than Kerry's.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Well this is the political "DEBATE" forum after all. Im no christian, yet I support Bush's stances more than Kerry's.
Thanks for that bit of random info(not that it relates to what we're talking about here). The question has nothing to do with who you support and why. I think your the first to even mention kerry in this thread(good job).

It has to do with the teachings of Christ and our president. I'm still curious how someone who calls themselves christian could support a man who to me does not seem to have the same beliefs as Jesus. I'm hoping someone will chime in and show me I'm wrong. Until I get a resonable answer I'm sticking to the same two reasons that have been mentioned in the past(but we don't need to get into that just yet).

Someone please enlighten me?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Andyman_1970 said:
I always figured he looked latin, with the Puerto Rican name and all.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
N8 said:
Perhaps Jenny Craig.???
Wow, seems you have nothing to say. Oh, that's it you can't cut and paste the answer so why bothing trying to figure it out.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Lexx D said:
Thanks for that bit of random info(not that it relates to what we're talking about here). The question has nothing to do with who you support and why. I think your the first to even mention kerry in this thread(good job).

It has to do with the teachings of Christ and our president. I'm still curious how someone who calls themselves christian could support a man who to me does not seem to have the same beliefs as Jesus. I'm hoping someone will chime in and show me I'm wrong. Until I get a resonable answer I'm sticking to the same two reasons that have been mentioned in the past(but we don't need to get into that just yet).

Someone please enlighten me?
Since no one in here appeared to be espousing that particular point, it might be worthwhile asking the guy at work who said it. Then you could report back as to why.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
DRB said:
Since no one in here appeared to be espousing that particular point, it might be worthwhile asking the guy at work who said it. Then you could report back as to why.
Agreed I was just hoping someone could help me here. I would talk to him but he'll just call me a communist and tell me how thankfully god will help us for another 4 years.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
BurlyShirley said:
Perhaps you're working a bit slow today. My comment was a direct response to the title of this thread, and the insinuation within that voters elected Bush for moral or religious reasons. Granted, I cannot answer for the guy you work with, but idea of pandering to the religious that many put forward in this forum is at least partially incorrect. In my case, that is.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Archslater said:
This issue has bothered me for awhile as well.

Seems like I remember the bible depicting Jesus spending a lot of time hanging out with the sick and weak people in society, the people who most of society cast stones at.
And yet Jesus had some pretty wealthy friends, Lazaus and his sisters Mary and Martha were well off, Nicodemus being a Pharisee was probably doing pretty good, Joseph of Arimethia who bought Jesus burial spot wasn't doing too bad either. The thing to keep in mind is Jesus was independant of the political and social system of the time He embraced all who were truly interested.

On the flip side of your arguement, it's pretty easy to see from His views on sexual immorality and that He considered human life sacred that His views would be pretty "narrow" with those subjects.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Perhaps you're working a bit slow today. My comment was a direct response to the title of this thread, and the insinuation within that voters elected Bush for moral or religious reasons. Granted, I cannot answer for the guy you work with, but idea of pandering to the religious that many put forward in this forum is at least partially incorrect. In my case, that is.
Perhaps you posted something without reading the thread(based on the title alone). But of course you post something that is off topic and tell me I'm working slow today? :thumb: Wow the debate team in TN needs you.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lexx D said:
Perhaps you posted something without reading the thread(based on the title alone). But of course you post something that is off topic and tell me I'm working slow today? :thumb: Wow the debate team in TN needs you.
Wow, did the words "insinuation within" just sneak past you or do you make a habit of only seeing what you agree with? Id suspect the latter. Genius.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Andyman_1970 said:
On the flip side of your arguement, it's pretty easy to see from His views on sexual immorality and that He considered human life sacred that His views would be pretty "narrow" with those subjects.
Yeah but wouldn't he also let them live the way they want but try to show the the "better" way?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Wow, did the words "insinuation within" just sneak past you or do you make a habit of only seeing what you agree with? Id suspect the latter. Genius.
Wow, I can see you have alot to contribute to this topic. :think:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lexx D said:
Wow, I can see you have alot to contribute to this topic. :think:
Would the topic you're speaking of be the one you dont want to start a debat about?

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Would the topic you're speaking of be the one you dont want to start a debat about?
Tell me o'wise one which part of "it could happen" didn't you get. It's cool, just start reading from page one again and let me know how things work out.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Look N8 - The problem isn't with what you believe - most of these ideas are fine. The problem is NONE OF THEM ARE GONNA HAPPEN UNDER BUSH! Jeeze! How many times do we have to spell it out to you?
N8 said:
How Republicans feel
Tufts Daily (Tufts Univ.) | 11/8/04 | Michael Schrimpf

MEDFORD, Mass. -- Apparently, according to most of the Tufts student body, I am stupid. I am one of the 59,268,900 stupid Americans who voted for George W. Bush. Even worse, I am one of the 2,796,147 stupid Ohioans who voted for Bush. I am the person who sophomore Allie Bohm is thinking of when she says, "I can't fathom how an intelligent person can think this is good for their country."

I'm stupid for believing that the only truly fair trade is free trade.
Bush is NOT about free trade. He is about trade on America's terms which is called 'free trade by him and his cronies. If you look into it for more than 5 minutes you will see that what Bush calls free trade is BS> I am for free trade. You are not getting it under Bush.
I'm stupid for not thinking that we should have extreme protectionist trade policies like we had in the late 1920s and early 1930s. I think that worked out well for us. Instead, it would make much more sense for us to artificially keep some of our businesses competitive when the goods could be produced much more economically in another country.
BUSH IS DOING THIS! What part of reality do you not understand?

I'm stupid for attributing the recent loss of jobs to the evolving world economy and a president that inherited a recession instead of placing blame squarely on W's shoulders. I'm stupid for believing in the business cycle.
OK, worst case sceanario - Bush got in at the beginning of a downturn. He still mismanaged the fvck out of it. He did all the wrong things. He turned a huge surplus into a massive defecit despite supposedly being about small government. He had a net loss of jobs, which even in the real, large recession of the early 90's didn't happen. He is STUPID.

I'm stupid for thinking that what I earn is my money and not the government's. I'm stupid for thinking that government isn't the solution; that government is the problem.
DEFICIT MORON!

I'm stupid for not thinking that the draft is going to be reinstituted, despite the fact that the U.S. House of Representatives voted on that very issue this year and only two congressmen voted for it. Both of those draft-supporting congressmen were Democrats.
The only reason that this is a question is because of a certain retard's elective wars for oil. No Bush = No question of the draft.

I'm stupid for not believing that "No Child Left Behind" is under-funded despite test scores being up throughout the country. I'm stupid for not thinking that throwing more money at a problem will always solve it.
No Child left behind is a JOKE. The principals are STUPID. Test scores are up because standards are down. Duh.

I'm stupid for feeling good about liberating an oppressed people from a ruthless dictator. I'm stupid for being proud that during the first Bush term, the world welcomed the addition of two new democracies.
You're stupid for not understanding what is actually going on oversees, as normal. If you really think Afghanistan is a shining beacon of Democracy you are a retard, and as for Iraq.... :monkey:

I'm stupid for thinking that America should be able to take a proactive position in defending itself from another terrorist attack. I'm stupid for thinking the French wouldn't trade Paris in order to save New York. I'm stupid for putting the protection of America ahead of forming a close friendship with Chirac.
You're stupid for thinking that killing people is going to solve anything and not make things 100x wosre, like IT ALREADY IS! Since the start of the 'war on terror', what GW sweepingly calls 'terrorism' has increased! Don't you ****ing get it? If you had a clue about your own history of intervention in other countries, you'd realise what 9/11 represented, and realise what fvcking stupid response GW has used. All you are doing is making another attack more likely.

I'm stupid for voting for a former alcoholic. Apparently, I forgot that the Democrats have a monopoly on second chances and that all Republicans are heartless.
Don't forget draft dodger, Coke user, failure as a buisnessman, and most importantly IDIOT. N8, do you really think GW is a clever guy?

I'm stupid for believing in the entire Bill of Rights. Including the Second Amendment.
Bush is the first president to attempt to remove the rights of Americans.

Worst of all, I'm stupid for basing some of my vote on morality. I'm stupid for thinking that two men shouldn't be able to marry each other, despite their obvious anatomical similarities.
You're stupid for not understanding the issue, and you're a bigot.

Stupidest of all is my real reason for voting for Bush: He was the only candidate stupider than I am.
Gotta agree with you there.

Look, its very simple. Bush is a liar. If you look at what he says, and then, what he does, it is patently obvious. He says 'free trade' then he imposes tarifs on Europe or anyone else who can supply something an American worker is making for a higher cost. He says he's spreading democracy, but he's actually pushing the agenda of neo-cons and big oil, and doing less than a half job of actually helping these people. He's a fvckwit, self interested, evil liar. He supports terrorism far worse than what happened to America on 9/11 and fails to see the hypocracy, because he is 'right' and everyone else is 'wrong'. No. That is BU11****! You're not right because you say you are. Your actions must match your words, and Bush falls so far short on that it's not even funny.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lexx D said:
Tell me o'wise one which part of "it could happen" didn't you get. It's cool, just start reading from page one again and let me know how things work out.
So the fact that you had no expectation of the thread to being with is somehow let down by the fact that I'm not adding enough by calling you out on your crap? Oh boo hoo.

The fact is, your stereotypes of the religious speak alot about how you view things. You're a close-minded liberal. There are tons of them. Its nothing to be ashamed of. You feel you have a superior train of thought than religious people because you're somehow enlightened beyond what they can comprehend. You think you have a firm grasp on facts that have never been proven though, and to me, thats way worse than the ideology of the religious right in this country.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Carry on with your intolerance, please, it gives me more to call you out on.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
So the fact that you had no expectation of the thread to being with is somehow let down by the fact that I'm not adding enough by calling you out on your crap? Oh boo hoo.

The fact is, your stereotypes of the religious speak alot about how you view things. You're a close-minded liberal. There are tons of them. Its nothing to be ashamed of. You feel you have a superior train of thought than religious people because you're somehow enlightened beyond what they can comprehend. You think you have a firm grasp on facts that have never been proven though, and to me, thats way worse than the ideology of the religious right in this country.

EDIT: I almost forgot. Carry on with your intolerance, please, it gives me more to call you out on.
Wow you can spin shyt can't you. So now my question of why is a vote for bush a vote for jesus, Turned into my intolerance of other people?

It's not a case of me being close minded. In fact by me going out and reading scriptures(not something I would have done normally) seems to be pretty open minded. So by your logic(I use the term lightly) research of other cultures and beliefs is close minded? And a bad thing? How can researching a topic from both sides and asking questions to people of different faiths be intolerant?