Quantcast

Atom Labs Air Corps Pedal Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
I should win these pedals for my wife's bike. It currently has Brooklynn Machineworks "shinburgers" on it. They scare her and people cannot resist the urge to ask alot of dumb questions that she does not want to answer, i.e. "do those come with shin pads?", or "does it hurt when you hit your shins with those?".

Plus if I won her some new pedals I might score;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i require these pedals since my el-cheapo VP caged pedals on my trials bike are bent and blasted out beyond belief. and everyone knows that foot traction is of primo importance for trials; you wouldn't want a fellow :monkey: hurt, right?

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
If I win these Air Corps, I would give them to my friend, who has a great passion for riding, but can't afford equipment. His pedals don't work at all, so little in fact that he can't even ride right now, and he has no way of getting new ones.

Help a brother out!

ReardenMtl

Chimp
Apr 30, 2002
StaMonMts
I think I should win these Air Corps because when some archeologist finds them by my remains thousands or millions of years from now they will infer that even though I may have plummeted to my death off some cliff I did show signs of intelligence at some point in my existence. Of course winning has nothing to do with intelligence, but the archeologists don't need to know that, do they?:)

mtbberzrkr

Chimp
Mar 29, 2002
Phoenix,AZ
I should win these pedals because I'm too cheap to buy a nice set of flats. I keep blowing apart my cheepie Wellgo's. My new KHS Dominatrix deserves some sweet pedals, doesn't it?:D :devil:

Feb 14, 2002
Peterborough,Ontario
Simply, I do not deserve to have these pedals. The craftmenship of these pieces of art show that they are meant for something far beyond my riding capabilities.

but.....

I can assure you that if i was givin the opportunity to own these pedals, I would use them to the best of my ability, promote Atomic as much as I can and use them to help me gain confidence in becomming a better, stronger rider.

If any manufactured bike part can be labled as 'sexy', these pedals would take that title.

If I were to slip up and shin myself with them, my shins would not bleed from pain, but bleed tears of joy from being kissed by the holy of holy of foot support systems.

Again, I do not deserve these pedals, nobody does.....but if they are feeling kinky, i will talk dirty to them. If they feel sad, I will be their shoulder. If they feel like being rough, I will slap them. If they are feeling sensual, I will carresse them. I can make them feel used, without making them feel slutty. I will be the best thing that will ever happen to them.....if YOU will let me!

-Barry

monkey_wheel

Chimp
Aug 11, 2001
BC
I need these pedals because mine currently don't do what pedals are supposed to do - hold your feet on. This is especially painful in wet weather.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
Okay, I have looked through these posts and have found that many people believe they deserve these pedals, or that they'll be a better rider with these pedals, or even that their current setup is unsafe...all very valid reasons...But mine goes to a new level.....I really don't know how to say this. First off, I think these pedals are really cool, good looking pedals that would definitly be indestructable and keep my feet where they are supposed to be quite well, but my priorities are elsewhere....but my bike, The Commander, told me (that's right IT TOLD me) I had to get these for him. I couldn't believe it myself. I was just riding along one day, and my bike told me, well actually demanded some Aircorp pedals. I am a poor, high school student and need food before pedals because you can't eat pedals so I said "no" (making sure no one was around to see me having this conversation with the Commander). The Commander (A Bullit) once again demanded these beautifully crafted, amazing looking pedals, but I once again said "no". The bike began to turn on me. Slowly it began to drift away from me, attacking whenever no one was around. Like one day, about a week ago I was dirtjumping and sort of washed out on the landing. The bike was on top of me after the crash and began to violently bash the QR lever into my sternum causing much pain while chanting "GET ME ATOM LABS AIRCOROPS, GET ME ATOM LABS AIRCORPS" Only my brute strength kept me alive. Just a few days ago while going around a sharp switchback in steep terrain, The Commander locked up the headset causing me to go over the edge and even after I attempted to throw the bike, it just wouldnt let go, grabbing onto my quadricept and twisting it nearly blew my knee out as me and the Commander wrestled while careeming down a mountainside. Just last night it came into my room and told me it was going to kill me if I didnt get some incredible black Aircorps pedals....sooooo while everyone else may have valid reasons....My LIFE may depend on it!!!

dharch

Chimp
May 28, 2002
Nor Cal
I should win the pedals because I will abuse them, crash with them, fly with them, grind rocks with them, pulverize tree limbs with them, slosh through mud with them, smash my shins with them, huck with them, race with them, neglect my family with them, drool over them, and maybe have a damn good time riding with them.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
I should win thoose pedals so when i put my Kona Stuff together it WILL be a kick a$$ bike, and i'm a poor college student :( with a serious bike addiction :D

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
"describing why YOU should win these pedals":

'Cause I want them?
'Cause I have a creaking right pedal that I've tried to rebuild, but still creaks?
'Cause I have a new frame comming in a few weeks, and I don't want to move creaky pedals over to that new Titus?
'Cause my wife say's I spend more time on my biking than her and the family...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I need these pedals because I'm about to succumb to temptation and buy a DH race frameset. It would be really useful to be able to pedal it.

anippy

Chimp
Apr 2, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I should win these pedals because I am terrified of the thought of screaming down Mt. Snow's Expert DH course this summer with my feet locked into my bike so I can't bail when I panic on those scary rock slabs.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Because those stupid Shimano DH pedals are crap & blow apart on all this Ewast Coast rock so I wind up needing flat pedals at every race anyway. Their simple, clean & non-crushable!!!!

G

grommet

If I win these pedals I won't have to buy new ones. Thus reducing the chance of my girlfriend nagging me about spending too much money replacing broken and worn out bike stuff.

Karpieldisco

Chimp
Mar 24, 2002
Abingdon, MD
The reason is quite simple.. have just started dirt jumping and have found that my azonic a frames are very good pedals for my ds1. however this causes some major issues with the Karpiel. It is without pedals and I hate to switch pedals all the time) ... This makes my ride very difficult to stay on while flyig though the woods at nationals. These super sexxy pedals would not only compliment my ride and my abilities but the are way cool too..

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO
I should get these pedals because the toe clips fell of my pedals and now they suck. I really need these slick pedals to keep my feet on the bike.

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Why, because I am a college student who has no money and a pair of Easton Cullys that have followed in the path of their namesake.

adamkatz

Chimp
May 30, 2002
ISRAEL
Living in Israel, I need pedals with good grip, loosing a foot when some guy with a knife is chasing me doing urban in east Jerusalem is a life and death situation.
Peace,
Adam:cool:

tne

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
My bike's birthday will come soon .. please help me to offer him the best gift !!

thierry

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I should get these pedals, because let's face it, I'm an unemployed loser, who can't get anything nice for his bike anyway,

and then..........................................

I'm getting married to a wonderfull lady who loves to ride as well, but equipment to her is of NO great concern for her as long as the wheels are round. It doesn't even need rubber, she'd ride on the rims if she got a flat as to not spend money on a $3.00 inner tube!!!!!

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
I should win these pedals because.........

I was suppose to be going to Sarajevo for 6 month(I'm in the Army) so I commited to selling my hard tail and my shuttle truck. I was waiting to go over seas (which would have given me about an extra $700 a month) and after sitting in Georgia for two weeks when my orders got canceled. I reterned home, got the wife and kids back, just about finished all the paperwork for the two sales (can't back out on the guy's) and decided to ride the night before last only to go out and break my collar bone -right at the begining of the summer, right at the begining of the best riding time here in Colorado. I really need some good luck right now I figure this giveaway ends outside of May so I have a chance..... probably not though. oh well thanks for listening to the moaning and complaining anyway.

...dig ...ride ...dig

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
My right pedal broke this weekend, and I smashed the right side of my man bag pretty hard because of it. While my jewels are healing up pretty good, I still need a new pedal, sssoooo two would be really nice.

:)

Help a Brother (Monkey) out.

Status
Not open for further replies.