Quantcast

Beacon ridable????

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
I was up there this weekend and ran into you guys. Have you done anything to the Zipper? We'll let you know when work begins on the stunt park since any help is appreciated.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
ftlrider said:
I was up there this weekend and ran into you guys. Have you done anything to the Zipper? We'll let you know when work begins on the stunt park since any help is appreciated.
Awesome. You were one of the guys that Rob (Cannondale), Eric (hardtail), and I (SC) ran into. Nothing has been done to the Zipper, I'm back in Pullman at school.

And for sure, just post here when you get that build stuff going. It'll get at least a couple more people out to help build.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We will be heading over to Beacon on the 17th and 18th. My first real ride on my new bike.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
dang, i would go, but sadly, me and a few friends are making a trip to mt. hood that weekend... at least you should have some nice weather, if things keep up the way they have been.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i used to climb alot, now its not as high on my list of things to do... but every once and awhile i climb at minnehaha or wildwalls.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
was just at beacon on sunday(yesterday) it was good in the morning because the ground was still frozen, but as it thawed it got pretty goopey and sloppy. It was fun none the less... hopefully this snow stops before the weekend (snowed most of the day today)

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
WSU DH'er said:
when are you planning on riding, i wouldn't mind riding with a monkey or two... usually end up at beacon anyway...
Should I let my parents know you're going to be up there?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Our plan is to be at Beacon early to ride when the ground is still froze on Sat. We have a Montana crew that will be there if the weather is good.

WSU DH'er

Monkey
Nov 28, 2003
Fayetteville, NC
kanter when did you guys plan on getting there? I've been going at like 9:00 on sundays so sat at 9 would work as well... but if i must i can get up earlier.... FYI it looks like its gonna be a cold weekend... fri lows around 6 deg sat i think i saw lows of 0 deg

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
If its going to be that cold we might try another weekend. I dont want to drive 4 hours to ride in 0 degree weather. I heard record lows for Sat so it might be a week or two. Damn winter.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
it's nineteen right now this morning ( 7:30)

here's your local weather link.
http://tinyurl.com/bwpzm
the prediction ri is 5 friday night, 23 saturday. I haven't been over there, but there's a layer of frozen/snow ice just about every where right now.

geargrrl.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
i don't mind riding mud, but ice sucks
is it icey at beacon right now?:help:
cuz if its mud by the afternoon thats fine
i'm from western washington, all i ride is mud

nweurosport

Chimp
Jan 13, 2006
Vashon, WA
MinorThreat said:
Anyone know if there's good riding down in, say, Lewiston? :)
Hell's Gate was rideable last Sunday. Going down there again this Sunday @ 11:00. Meet at parking lot right inside of UI entrance on Sweet Ave. and carpool.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
The hill just looked damp this morning when I left my parent's place. It is supposed to be nice this weekend, too.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I hiked the property yesterday (weds) as we started the mapping project.
While some of the soil areas are a little wet, the DH trails look to be in pretty good shape.

gg

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I'm going to be there on Sunday, probably shuttling all day. The trails are damp, which means they're super tacky. There's a couple puddles here and there, but nothing major. If the rain stays away for the next two days, it'll be really nice up there.