Quantcast

###Big Bullsh!t Wednesderp###

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Whole family is sick more or less. I passed on a cold to the wife and she passed on some other evilness to me and my son. Now we just need to get the youngest sick too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Travel trailer is attached to the truck which is currently sitting in the parking lot at work. I shall complete leg 2 this afternoon and drive down to south Denver. Once monies are exchanged I'll have to resist the urge to do the happy dance; I forgot how much I don't like pulling that thing.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Today is my daughters 10th birthday. Gonna take her out to her favorite restaurant for dinner, which happens to be a local burrito joint with a good beer selection on tap. Should be a good time.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It feels like I just left work, and here I am again. I realized that I've had no vacation this year. Dang. But, if I take a ten-minute dump every day here at the office, that will probably even out to about 40 hrs by the end of the year....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Remodeling the bedrooms (moving the youngest into a bigger room and setting up here current room as our guest room. Subbed yesterday and that went great. Hoping to squeeze in an afternoon bike ride before the kids get home too!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woot Wednesday. Ride night, after all this work poop is done.

Got in a very short ride last night and pushed it right until there was little light left. Started right at 6pm and it was dark in the forest by 7. BALLS MAN BALLS.

And conditions changed greatly from a few days ago. Trails are dusty and loose as heck.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley was golden last night until I told her it was time to go to bed and she went full terror mode. Kicked me straight on in the knee, that I'm getting an MRI on tomorrow from my crash a few weeks ago. Damn near killed her before I walked away.

Driving in this morning, I was thinking about the option of selling the M again. I really don't get to drive it beyond commuting and I have a whole bunch of large dollar long-term preventative maintenance coming up or smaller dollar fixes that just kick the ball down the road a year or two. As boring as driving the Subie is, logic with rd. 2 inbound is starting to take over that something more responsible makes sense and that means driving the Subie, not the M.

Otherwise, still trying to find the time to get my post setup to work as a dropper and get my new fork for the beater installed. I haven't been able to get the initial replacement fork to work, so I just said f* it and got a new, Marzocchi FXR and will run with that. Trails are super buff, so no worries about quality of damper.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here. Haley was golden last night until I told her it was time to go to bed and she went full terror mode. Kicked me straight on in the knee, that I'm getting an MRI on tomorrow from my crash a few weeks ago. Damn near killed her before I walked away.

Driving in this morning, I was thinking about the option of selling the M again. I really don't get to drive it beyond commuting and I have a whole bunch of large dollar long-term preventative maintenance coming up or smaller dollar fixes that just kick the ball down the road a year or two. As boring as driving the Subie is, logic with rd. 2 inbound is starting to take over that something more responsible makes sense and that means driving the Subie, not the M.

Otherwise, still trying to find the time to get my post setup to work as a dropper and get my new fork for the beater installed. I haven't been able to get the initial replacement fork to work, so I just said f* it and got a new, Marzocchi FXR and will run with that. Trails are super buff, so no worries about quality of damper.
No need to be boring. The wife and I had an X6 M for a few days last week. It had plenty of room for a family of 4 and was a blast to drive.

Anyone local want to hit a ride locale after work this afternoon? @Nick @Adventurous @Full Trucker
No can do today as I'm selling the travel trailer this evening. Woohoo!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No need to be boring. The wife and I had an X6 M for a few days last week. It had plenty of room for a family of 4 and was a blast to drive.
Large SUV is different than sedan. Far more space and usability. Also, newer with much less running cost. I have 3 cars, one with very high running cost.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Large SUV is different than sedan. Far more space and usability. Also, newer with much less running cost. I have 3 cars, one with very high running cost.
I was actually advocating that you sell both the M3 and the Subie and get the X6 M instead. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good ride last night. great ride in fact. it's just too bad my favourite trail is such a mess. trees down all over the place, streams have taken over the whole mountain face. it's just a big mess. but still sweet as fuck. Managed to make it up the climbs and the first short downhill section in daylight, but had to run the lights for the next three big DH sections. capped the ride off with beers in the parking lot, a swim in the lake, and food at the pub. yup, it was a good night. my legs feel it, and so does my neck. that headlight sure makes a difference... oh well, neck muscles will have to htfu!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife bought a sh!t ton of different oatmeals in a panic after she couldn't find the other at Grocery Outlet anymore. The Quaker Oats Protein Banana Nut is damn tasty. The Cranberry Almond is a close second (also has a bit of vanilla, too I think). These have been a good start to my day along with my mud coffee. Also make for a solid constitution.

@stoney you can't pinch somewhere else? I was on the fence with the Vette last year when I "thought" it needed a clutch. Truth is I've spent about $3k on it this past year, but with 140k on it, some stuff was getting tired. I have less than a year of payments left and she is all mine, so I might end up keeping her around for at least another 60k/2 years more.

But I don't drive it every day as parking + gas is nearly $400/month vs $130/month bus ticket. But when I do get to drive it, especially Skyline>Rocky Point, I am grinning ear to ear. I would not get that in a Nissan Leaf. If you enjoy the M, I say keep it. If you sell it, get something else that speaks to your soul. Self driving cars are coming, drive something analog while you can!!!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney you can't pinch somewhere else? I was on the fence with the Vette last year when I "thought" it needed a clutch. Truth is I've spent about $3k on it this past year, but with 140k on it, some stuff was getting tired. I have less than a year of payments left and she is all mine, so I might end up keeping her around for at least another 60k/2 years more.
$3700 for rod bearings. $600 for the rust spot that's corroding on the trunk. $2500 for the clutch that is 1 yr out, as it's starting to flutter. Car is worth ~$20k right now. I can put $1k in to for quick, clean up repairs and get it gone without dealing with that stuff.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I'm home and I don't know how I feel about that. Lots of the usual shit to do, but I think I ought to get out of the house. Been pretty depressed the last couple days, think a bike ride would do me some good. Of course this shuffled up first thing on teh Google Home this AM, didn't help my mood at all.

Driving in this morning, I was thinking about the option of selling the M again. I really don't get to drive it beyond commuting and I have a whole bunch of large dollar long-term preventative maintenance coming up or smaller dollar fixes that just kick the ball down the road a year or two.
Change ///M to ///Motorcycle, and I'm pretty much in the same spot. Of course, it's easier to think this way while it's spread around the garage in 300 pieces, but I'll confess I've been putting a lot of thought into getting rid of it. I LOVE to ride it, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth, parts sure aren't getting any cheaper, and traffic is starting to become a real issue around here. My doctor says I'm supposed to not get hit by another car. I'm pretty torn about it, though the state it's in currently is the worst of both options, can't get rid of it, and I can't ride it. *le sigh*

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Change ///M to ///Motorcycle, and I'm pretty much in the same spot. Of course, it's easier to think this way while it's spread around the garage in 300 pieces, but I'll confess I've been putting a lot of thought into getting rid of it. I LOVE to ride it, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth, parts sure aren't getting any cheaper, and traffic is starting to become a real issue around here. My doctor says I'm supposed to not get hit by another car. I'm pretty torn about it, though the state it's in currently is the worst of both options, can't get rid of it, and I can't ride it. *le sigh*
I'll give ya tree-fiddy.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Morning Monkeys.

The wife bought a sh!t ton of different oatmeals in a panic after she couldn't find the other at Grocery Outlet anymore. The Quaker Oats Protein Banana Nut is damn tasty. The Cranberry Almond is a close second (also has a bit of vanilla, too I think). These have been a good start to my day along with my mud coffee. Also make for a solid constitution.

But I don't drive it every day as parking + gas is nearly $400/month vs $130/month bus ticket. But when I do get to drive it, especially Skyline>Rocky Point, I am grinning ear to ear. I would not get that in a Nissan Leaf. If you enjoy the M, I say keep it. If you sell it, get something else that speaks to your soul. Self driving cars are coming, drive something analog while you can!!!
What kind of vette do you have?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I didn't get a bike yet, but I still plan to this winter with a portion of mom's money. Not only would a bike save on gas, but it is free to park in the garage because all the bikes park illegally. Granted, the weather here limits the weak to riding about 8 months out of the year, but what I save in those 8 months makes driving the truck/car a lot easier to stomach.

I was looking at long haul touring bikes with the idea the lady and I would take one of he weeks off and roll next summer. But now she can't leave the dog for more than a couple days, so maybe something a little more sporty is in order.

My FZ1 had about 90k on it with no issues. My R1 had about 40k also with no issues. The Sportster had only a couple minor issues in the 15k I had it, but there were looming issues, too after 35k total but I sold it for profit. If I can score a sub 30k Harley and save for a major rebuild in a year or two, that could be an option for both commuting and weekend rolling.

@stony, that is crazy expensive for a clutch, wow. Mine was about $700 in parts (all new everything plus some bits), but was $1400 in labor. If I had a lift...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Aww yea. Finally picked up my little DJ from my buddy. He got it for me since it was an 1hr+ each way. He ended up down my way yesterday for work so was able to drop it off. Needed a few little adjustments. I cleaned and re-greased the hubs (can't remember the last time I worked on loose ball bearing hubs), adjusted the headset, removed the goofy huge bash guard and adjusted the brakes. Just need to swap out the white brake lines and probably change the saddle. Also ordered two Maxxis Holy Rollers. Feels ridiculous pedaling with giant knobbies. It's a little small for me, but was worth the price to see how much use I get out of it before dropping coin on something I want. Keep eyeballing the Black Market Edit 1.