Quantcast

###Big Bullsh!t Wednesderp###

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eric strt6, Sep 13, 2017.

1. eric strt6

eric strt6 Resident Curmudgeon

Rep/Likes:
    194 / 1,852
    Ah yes I get to deal with upper management people st one of our contratees today. They are the biggest pains in the ass. I must drink much coffee before I can deal with them

Arrggggh

Please register to disable this ad.

2. StiHacka

StiHacka Compensating for something

Rep/Likes:
    247 / 1,967
    Is it Friday yet?

3. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    84 / 900
    Whole family is sick more or less. I passed on a cold to the wife and she passed on some other evilness to me and my son. Now we just need to get the youngest sick too.

4. I Are Baboon

I Are Baboon Run, Forrest, Run!

Rep/Likes:
    141 / 912
    'Morning. I went to the high school track before work and ran around in circles like a goddamn idiot for 40 minutes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Adventurous

Adventurous Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    132 / 988
    Mornin!

Travel trailer is attached to the truck which is currently sitting in the parking lot at work. I shall complete leg 2 this afternoon and drive down to south Denver. Once monies are exchanged I'll have to resist the urge to do the happy dance; I forgot how much I don't like pulling that thing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. RoboDonkey713

RoboDonkey713 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 245
    Today is my daughters 10th birthday. Gonna take her out to her favorite restaurant for dinner, which happens to be a local burrito joint with a good beer selection on tap. Should be a good time.

• Like Like x 9
  7. Greyhound

Greyhound Trail Rat

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 78
    Good Morning!!

It feels like I just left work, and here I am again. I realized that I've had no vacation this year. Dang. But, if I take a ten-minute dump every day here at the office, that will probably even out to about 40 hrs by the end of the year....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mo(n)arch

Mo(n)arch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    110 / 886
    Italy/south Tyrol, now in Zurich Switzerland

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. TreeSaw

TreeSaw Mama Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    33 / 260
    Morning! Remodeling the bedrooms (moving the youngest into a bigger room and setting up here current room as our guest room. Subbed yesterday and that went great. Hoping to squeeze in an afternoon bike ride before the kids get home too!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. canadmos

canadmos Mater Slayer

Rep/Likes:
    156 / 2,218
    Woot Wednesday. Ride night, after all this work poop is done.

Got in a very short ride last night and pushed it right until there was little light left. Started right at 6pm and it was dark in the forest by 7. BALLS MAN BALLS.

And conditions changed greatly from a few days ago. Trails are dusty and loose as heck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stoney

stoney Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde

Rep/Likes:
    91 / 636
    Here. Haley was golden last night until I told her it was time to go to bed and she went full terror mode. Kicked me straight on in the knee, that I'm getting an MRI on tomorrow from my crash a few weeks ago. Damn near killed her before I walked away.

Driving in this morning, I was thinking about the option of selling the M again. I really don't get to drive it beyond commuting and I have a whole bunch of large dollar long-term preventative maintenance coming up or smaller dollar fixes that just kick the ball down the road a year or two. As boring as driving the Subie is, logic with rd. 2 inbound is starting to take over that something more responsible makes sense and that means driving the Subie, not the M.

Otherwise, still trying to find the time to get my post setup to work as a dropper and get my new fork for the beater installed. I haven't been able to get the initial replacement fork to work, so I just said f* it and got a new, Marzocchi FXR and will run with that. Trails are super buff, so no worries about quality of damper.

12. Nick

Nick My name is Nick

Rep/Likes:
    211 / 1,612
    Present.

13. 6thElement

6thElement Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    34 / 673
  14. Adventurous

Adventurous Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    132 / 988
    No need to be boring. The wife and I had an X6 M for a few days last week. It had plenty of room for a family of 4 and was a blast to drive.

No can do today as I'm selling the travel trailer this evening. Woohoo!

15. stoney

Rep/Likes:
    91 / 636
    Large SUV is different than sedan. Far more space and usability. Also, newer with much less running cost. I have 3 cars, one with very high running cost.

16. Nick

Nick My name is Nick

Rep/Likes:
    211 / 1,612
  17. Adventurous

Adventurous Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    132 / 988
    I was actually advocating that you sell both the M3 and the Subie and get the X6 M instead. :D

18. SkaredShtles

SkaredShtles I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!

Rep/Likes:
    187 / 1,047
    I gotta go with @Adventurous on this one. Both from a financial *and* practicality stance. :D

19. Adventurous

Adventurous Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    132 / 988
    We certainly have Stoney's best interests in mind.

20. Mo(n)arch

Mo(n)arch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    110 / 886
    Italy/south Tyrol, now in Zurich Switzerland
    X6M you say?
    The european pendant to your favourite American-small-d!ck-bro-dozer?:disgust1:
    Go with the X5M or get a M5 touring instead.

21. jstuhlman

jstuhlman We noticed.

Rep/Likes:
    270 / 2,267
    you could even get a third row if you went x5 ///M! and stellar gas mileage to boot!

22. mandown

mandown Poopdeck Repost

Rep/Likes:
    214 / 714
    All. Damn. Day.

23. slyfink

slyfink Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    66 / 760
    good ride last night. great ride in fact. it's just too bad my favourite trail is such a mess. trees down all over the place, streams have taken over the whole mountain face. it's just a big mess. but still sweet as fuck. Managed to make it up the climbs and the first short downhill section in daylight, but had to run the lights for the next three big DH sections. capped the ride off with beers in the parking lot, a swim in the lake, and food at the pub. yup, it was a good night. my legs feel it, and so does my neck. that headlight sure makes a difference... oh well, neck muscles will have to htfu!

• Like Like x 2
  24. stoney

Rep/Likes:
    91 / 636
    Oh... That will go well with Wifey.:rofl:

25. jimmydean

jimmydean The Official Meat of Ridemonkey

Rep/Likes:
    155 / 1,091
    Morning Monkeys.

The wife bought a sh!t ton of different oatmeals in a panic after she couldn't find the other at Grocery Outlet anymore. The Quaker Oats Protein Banana Nut is damn tasty. The Cranberry Almond is a close second (also has a bit of vanilla, too I think). These have been a good start to my day along with my mud coffee. Also make for a solid constitution.

@stoney you can't pinch somewhere else? I was on the fence with the Vette last year when I "thought" it needed a clutch. Truth is I've spent about $3k on it this past year, but with 140k on it, some stuff was getting tired. I have less than a year of payments left and she is all mine, so I might end up keeping her around for at least another 60k/2 years more.

But I don't drive it every day as parking + gas is nearly $400/month vs $130/month bus ticket. But when I do get to drive it, especially Skyline>Rocky Point, I am grinning ear to ear. I would not get that in a Nissan Leaf. If you enjoy the M, I say keep it. If you sell it, get something else that speaks to your soul. Self driving cars are coming, drive something analog while you can!!!

26. stoney

Rep/Likes:
    91 / 636

27. Toshi

Toshi Harbinger of Doom

Rep/Likes:
    154 / 965
    How are your allergies, Nick? Combination of allergies + preschool-conveyed-viruses is just killing me this week.

28. maxyedor

maxyedor <b>TOOL PRO</b>

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 171
  29. stoney

Rep/Likes:
    91 / 636
    $3700 for rod bearings. $600 for the rust spot that's corroding on the trunk. $2500 for the clutch that is 1 yr out, as it's starting to flutter. Car is worth ~$20k right now. I can put $1k in to for quick, clean up repairs and get it gone without dealing with that stuff.

30. Pesqueeb

Pesqueeb bicycle in airplane hangar

Rep/Likes:
    320 / 2,019
    :wave:

I'm home and I don't know how I feel about that. Lots of the usual shit to do, but I think I ought to get out of the house. Been pretty depressed the last couple days, think a bike ride would do me some good. Of course this shuffled up first thing on teh Google Home this AM, didn't help my mood at all.

Change ///M to ///Motorcycle, and I'm pretty much in the same spot. Of course, it's easier to think this way while it's spread around the garage in 300 pieces, but I'll confess I've been putting a lot of thought into getting rid of it. I LOVE to ride it, but it's getting pretty long in the tooth, parts sure aren't getting any cheaper, and traffic is starting to become a real issue around here. My doctor says I'm supposed to not get hit by another car. I'm pretty torn about it, though the state it's in currently is the worst of both options, can't get rid of it, and I can't ride it. *le sigh*

• Funny Funny x 1
  31. StiHacka

StiHacka Compensating for something

Rep/Likes:
    247 / 1,967
    • Useful Useful x 1
  32. roflbox

roflbox Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    9 / 150
    poops

33. Full Trucker

Full Trucker Frikkin newb!!!

Rep/Likes:
    75 / 608
    White Ranch @ 5:30p and we're bringing lights.

Also you'd know this if you Bookfaced. Stupid, sexy Bookface.

34. Full Trucker

Full Trucker Frikkin newb!!!

Rep/Likes:
    75 / 608
    I'll give ya tree-fiddy.

• Useful Useful x 2
  35. SkaredShtles

SkaredShtles I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!

Rep/Likes:
    187 / 1,047
    :think:

36. roflbox

roflbox Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    9 / 150
    What kind of vette do you have?

37. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    155 / 1,091
    I didn't get a bike yet, but I still plan to this winter with a portion of mom's money. Not only would a bike save on gas, but it is free to park in the garage because all the bikes park illegally. Granted, the weather here limits the weak to riding about 8 months out of the year, but what I save in those 8 months makes driving the truck/car a lot easier to stomach.

I was looking at long haul touring bikes with the idea the lady and I would take one of he weeks off and roll next summer. But now she can't leave the dog for more than a couple days, so maybe something a little more sporty is in order.

My FZ1 had about 90k on it with no issues. My R1 had about 40k also with no issues. The Sportster had only a couple minor issues in the 15k I had it, but there were looming issues, too after 35k total but I sold it for profit. If I can score a sub 30k Harley and save for a major rebuild in a year or two, that could be an option for both commuting and weekend rolling.

@stony, that is crazy expensive for a clutch, wow. Mine was about $700 in parts (all new everything plus some bits), but was $1400 in labor. If I had a lift...

38. kazlx

kazlx Patches O'Houlihan

Rep/Likes:
    137 / 1,043
    Aww yea. Finally picked up my little DJ from my buddy. He got it for me since it was an 1hr+ each way. He ended up down my way yesterday for work so was able to drop it off. Needed a few little adjustments. I cleaned and re-greased the hubs (can't remember the last time I worked on loose ball bearing hubs), adjusted the headset, removed the goofy huge bash guard and adjusted the brakes. Just need to swap out the white brake lines and probably change the saddle. Also ordered two Maxxis Holy Rollers. Feels ridiculous pedaling with giant knobbies. It's a little small for me, but was worth the price to see how much use I get out of it before dropping coin on something I want. Keep eyeballing the Black Market Edit 1.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  39. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    155 / 1,091
    '01 Z51 coupe with manual. They are seriously cheap fun, just don't drive them in the ice. :panic:

• Like Like x 1
  40. jimmydean

Rep/Likes:
    155 / 1,091
    It was a 4 year loan, I will have it paid of in just over 3. It's paid for itself in the gas savings from the truck and still worth twice what I paid for it. :D