Quantcast

###Buttcrack of Tuesderp GMT###

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are you not aware of my current vehicle choice?
The V is actually pretty damn solid. There are some daily drivers out there with serious miles. My buddies now ex sold the '05 with 160k on it and all we had changed was the burned up clutch at 100k miles (went with a dual clutch Monster). The first gen is NA, but the supercharger setup is also heavily tested.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The V is actually pretty damn solid. There are some daily drivers out there with serious miles. My buddies now ex sold the '05 with 160k on it and all we had changed was the burned up clutch at 100k miles (went with a dual clutch Monster). The first gen is NA, but the supercharger setup is also heavily tested.
First gen is also hideous and had bad axle hop, iirc.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm contemplating playing outright hooky on Thursday morning and riding WR. Anyone game?

I have to be on campus in normal clothes at noon to give a lecture, and ideally would stop off at home to drop off the bike and change cars (getting some minor scratches on hers buffed out that afternoon). In other words, this would probably be a 7-10 AM sort of effort...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm contemplating playing outright hooky on Thursday morning and riding WR. Anyone game?

I have to be on campus in normal clothes at noon to give a lecture, and ideally would stop off at home to drop off the bike and change cars (getting some minor scratches on hers buffed out that afternoon). In other words, this would probably be a 7-10 AM sort of effort...
Hmmmmm... might be too early. But am interested.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I did not drag my ass out of bed until 8AM this morning. It was good but put me a bit behind my usual routine at the gym. My swim ended just in time for pre-school swim, the instructor was a bitch on a stick screaming so loud at the kids you could not understand what she was saying. Zero positive reinforcement while she constantly called out the slowest little girl for not kicking her legs enough and for being slow. In 15 minutes I heard "we are all waiting" at least 10 times, the little girl was crying head off by the time I left. I am no fan of participation medals but this shit isn't going to teach kids anything other than to fear and eventually hate authority.

Also decided to join this century and and get a hitch rack for the Subaru, went with @Nick suggestion of rockymounts and order this one for delivery in May. I hope.

https://rockymounts.com/products/backstage-swing-away-platform-hitch-rack

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Buttcrack indeed. Can confirm that Kansas in the dark is just as interesting as Kansas in the daylight. Crawled into bed at the time my alarm usually goes off in the AM. Successful road trip at least. Easy fix, 12 hours of OT, DOT mandatory rest period means I'm not going into work today and getting paid for most of it. Hoping the espresso I just brewed doesn't haunt me later. Gonna pound out the usual household chores this afternoon I think and give myself a proper fuckitall weekend the next 3 days..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Been at the studio for an hour and can't wait to leave. It's freakin hot outside. Can't sleep, restless, coughing up globs of pollen induced gunk. Saw a bumble bee...it's Spring.

Must go play in the woods.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Am I the only one that thinks this sounds funny?

Our records show that you are having experience with the skills mentioned in the Job description.
I would agree that I am having experience.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Apparently I'm not worthy of riding with @Toshi

I can't do weekday mornings, my riding slot normally starts at 3pm'ish.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, so fat from lunch and nodding off in 2:00 meeting. Ugh, Brazilian steakhouse FTW, so much fire roasted meat.