Quantcast

Cairns World Champs

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just got an email from NBC sports gold. I paid for a season's viewing pass for outdoor motocross. Now they're offering up a 'cycling pass' that includes the world championships.

Something tells me a lot of this shit just got figured out in the last few days :rofl:

canadians: tunnelbear, use it.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
No, they show them all. It is my favorite part of worlds. To see some guy from Bangladesh brake sliding all the way down Val di sole was awesome.
Champerey Worlds was terrifying. Some guys from Mauritius (I think?) riding down on single crown Demo 9s or some Specialized model. I think they got the loudest cheers in my lounge room.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Though its still interesting that you can visit the RedBull TV page and not receive any "This broadcast is not available in your area" type message. You'd think that would already be up as they know where you (we) are.

I have VPN connections through work to Detroit and Dallas, but not sure how the routing works. Maybe I'll have to try that.

I think the most frustrating part of all of this is that there is not one single damn CONCRETE UCI statement or anything saying exactly what/where/how you can or can't watch it. Bunch of 'tards.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Sam Hill - "yeah we've had a few rougher and wilder stages than what's out there, so its handling it fine"

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
You've ridden that *ahem* "course"

Where do you see him placing?

I'm thinking like 40s
There's absolutely no way I'd bet against Hill even if he was racing Mont Saint Anne on a mobility scooter. If he can capitalise on the strengths of the shorter wheelbase through the top switchbacks who knows.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Welcome to enjoying digital content in the way the big European Union wants us to.

Actually it's the fault of the zillion different content industries marketing companies every member state of the European Union has to have, but it's much more popular to blame the EU for it.
What's amazing is that someone doesn't put a hand up and say, "the way we're doing it is dumb. we're going to license this worldwide and you can promote locally if you want... or not – makes no difference – the event is going off at the same time, same place."

What more likely seems to have happened is someone said, "hey, we can make a few bucks with this... let's sell the rights and negotiate the terms on a per-country basis... bingo!" Except the experience sucks for those consuming the content.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I think the most frustrating part of all of this is that there is not one single damn CONCRETE UCI statement or anything saying exactly what/where/how you can or can't watch it. Bunch of 'tards.
This is such bullshit. I can hardly believe I happen to live in one of few countries where the race won't be available. Pre-race bong shed sessions will be brutal all across the country to make up for that.

I wonder who's responsible for this fucking mess. People seems to accuse the UCI (granted they're an easy and obvious target given their track record of poor decisions), but I'm guessing the fucktards at the CRTC may have played an even bigger role...

:wtf::rant::thumbsdown::close::crazy:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Doubt very much if I'll get up to watch this race but I'd really like to see Mick win this.
He totally doesn't deserve to be 2017 World Champ (Based on who we currently have battling at the top of the game) But he does IMO deserve to have won more than he has over his entire career. and he probably puts more winter watts into his turbo than anyone else out there.
Bit like Peaty. Who also won Worlds on a track a young @kidwoo spat his dummy from his pram about..
If Sam won it would just be super funny!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
This course seems pretty shitty, I'm kinda thinking I might have more fun watching the live timings and *imagining* they're on a course that isn't so shitty.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gee sending it again. Someone needs to make an edit of all the times either his seat hits the rear tire or his bike squeaks on bottom out.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...I have VPN connections through work to Detroit and Dallas, but not sure how the routing works. Maybe I'll have to try that....
If your VPN connection to teh states is a split-tunnel, you are laughing.
If not, depends upon what the end-point routing/firewall allows.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If your VPN connection to teh states is a split-tunnel, you are laughing.
If not, depends upon what the end-point routing/firewall allows.
Hopefully it won't be needed.

More importantly, are you headed to blue this weekend?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
@canadmos
Slight possibility of tomorrow, but only one real trail opened today due to weather ( Embryo ). Thinking of trying for Sunday if I can find a travelling partner. A seven hour round trip before riding time whilst alone kinda sucks.