Quantcast

Cairns World Champs

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I think it might really be just on the UCI youtube channel, what the hell is this and why is it not on Red Bull TV?

This is my hometown race, I grew up 10 minutes ride from this track and it has changed very little from when I was a kid, few fewer wooden berms and a few more manmade whoops are the only massive differences. Fortunately the 270 corner has survived, they should really have added in another one that goes to the right to make things fair.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think it might really be just on the UCI youtube channel, what the hell is this and why is it not on Red Bull TV?

This is my hometown race, I grew up 10 minutes ride from this track and it has changed very little from when I was a kid, few fewer wooden berms and a few more manmade whoops are the only massive differences. Fortunately the 270 corner has survived, they should really have added in another one that goes to the right to make things fair.
You're that close? If we ran a Kickstarter for petrol and legal fees would you burn the track to the ground?

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
I'm not that close right now. Nature already tried to burn the track to the ground and failed, that's why there are fewer wooden berms now. Unfortunately like most things in Australia you can't simply kill it with fire.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Seriously guys? We went through this very discussion last year.
That's like 50 gallons of whiskey ago.

Also........you sure?

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/val-di-frickin-sole-mofos.277275/page-3#post-4158453

It's a dead link but it looks like it was on redbull. Of course no replay is available so I still kinda believe you.

Fortunately the 270 corner has survived, they should really have added in another one that goes to the right to make things fair.
noob

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/children-of-the-cairns-2016.276426/page-4#post-4130715

Maybe they'll go all out and build TWO corkscrews! I mean that thing is just so wacky! Can you imagine TWO!!???

You think Palmer learned his lesson and will run clipless pedals this year? I think the vproccess nico is on just can't be beat! These new hydraulic brakes these guys are running really seem swell too.

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Also........you sure?

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/val-di-frickin-sole-mofos.277275/page-3#post-4158453

It's a dead link but it looks like it was on redbull. Of course no replay is available so I still kinda believe you.
Yup, too much alcohol went down here too, and my own words can attest that. I kinda recall discussing this with someone, or reading online (possibly on Bicycle Retailer) about the UCI changing the world championship coverage to their own streaming service.

Plus the 4X worlds were streamed through UCI's YT channel a week ago from VDS IIRC.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Fuck Red-bull and their POS 720 feed that never seems to work on race day.
And usually craps out a couple of times when doing the replay thing.
That and they sanitized Warner.

Bring back FreeCaster!! :rofl:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Seriously? Why the fuck are you asking?
Too many bongs?
you've spent over a year complaining about how shit it'll be.
It's like supercross. A horrible venue to showcase the tools being used for the sport.

But that doesn't mean there's not good racing. And by good racing, I mean fans killing themselves on someone elses bike, and possibly some snake bites for uci officials.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
VPN + a UK postcode (zipcode) is all you should need

Here's the address and postcode of my local Distillery:

Glenkinchie Distillery. Pencaitland, East Lothian. EH34 5ET

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Honestly, the UCI not letting America or France or England view the live feed seems like something they'd really be all about.

Hmmm, what are our biggest demographics for viewers? Lets make sure there aren't any feeds there. We wouldn't want somebody accidentally watching this.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Fuck the UCI once again!!

From Vital:
spomer on VitalMTB said:
without derailing this bike thread too hard, we're hearing (unconfirmed) that the webcast may be limited to certain countries only. not sure if it's red bull putting it on either or a local production company. apparently filmers aren't allowed to film race runs (at this point anyway). typical world champs drama and hopefully the webcast is available to all and easy to see.

these two sites might help you figure stuff out.
http://mtbworldscairns.com.au/
http://www.uci.ch/mountain-bike/ucievents/2017-mountain-bike-uci-mountain-bike-trials-world-championships/351392717/

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
So how do I watch this in the great state of California?

Pretty sure it was on Thai cow semen sports drink tv app last year??

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
So instead of sitting around and watching this race, it sounds like I can NOT GIVE A FUCK and go ride my bike.