Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If only jefferson county had some sort of department of (stay with me now) "sheriffs and deputies" that were employed to serve and sometimes even protect the citizens and workers of the county.
Even if these "sheriffs and deputies" are not available, I heard that citizens could arm themselves to help these "sheriffs and deputies". I made up a name for it, what do you think of "militia"? ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to be crossing the border into Canada tomorrow lunchtime to visit family for the first time in 3 years and ride DH bikes at some BC resorts.

Canada requires a lab test within 72 hours before entry. Wife's test result just came back as, "Test not performed. Insufficient sample"...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Supposed to be crossing the border into Canada tomorrow lunchtime to visit family for the first time in 3 years and ride DH bikes at some BC resorts.

Canada requires a lab test within 72 hours before entry. Wife's test result just came back as, "Test not performed. Insufficient sample"...
There should be rapid testing facilities nearby that can turn results in an hour or so, just make sure it's one of the accepted test types.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
There should be rapid testing facilities nearby that can turn results in an hour or so, just make sure it's one of the accepted test types.
Rapid tests are all antigen i think, versus the non-antigen lab tests Canada demands.

Edit: my test just came back negative, so no way she has it either :banghead:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Rapid tests are all antigen i think, versus the non-antigen lab tests Canada demands.

Edit: my test just came back negative, so no way she has it either :banghead:
These tests are considered acceptable molecular tests:
  • PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
  • RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
  • Ct (cycle threshold)
  • CRISPR
  • Sequencing
  • Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
  • Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
  • Detection of the N gene
  • Detection of Orf1a/b
  • Detection of the S gene
  • Detection of the E gene
  • Detection of the RdRp gene
I think it was the TMA that I got, and the results were back within like an hour.

When I went a couple weeks ago, I took a screenshot picture of that part of their website. I took a picture of the testing facility and what test they did. It was also in my test results, blah blah, but I made sure the test was one on the list above before getting it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Ivermectin is an FDA-approved broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent with demonstrated antiviral activity against a number of DNA and RNA viruses, including severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Despite this promise, the antiviral activity of ivermectin has not been consistently proven in vivo. While ivermectin's activity against SARS-CoV-2 is currently under investigation in patients, insufficient emphasis has been placed on formulation challenges. Here, we discuss challenges surrounding the use of ivermectin in the context of coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) and how novel formulations employing micro- and nanotechnologies may address these concerns...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Ivermectin is an FDA-approved broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent with demonstrated antiviral activity against a number of DNA and RNA viruses, including severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Despite this promise, the antiviral activity of ivermectin has not been consistently proven in vivo. While ivermectin's activity against SARS-CoV-2 is currently under investigation in patients, insufficient emphasis has been placed on formulation challenges. Here, we discuss challenges surrounding the use of ivermectin in the context of coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) and how novel formulations employing micro- and nanotechnologies may address these concerns...
I actually understand that paper. I can't believe that I have retained all the crap I learned in upper division immunology, microbiology, and human physiology while at San Jose State in the late 90s

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I actually understand that paper. I can't believe that I have retained all the crap I learned in upper division immunology, microbiology, and human physiology while at San Jose State in the late 90s
high-dose antiviral therapy could lead to severe adverse effects

It's shitting yourself. It's literally breaking down the lipid layers of your intestines and shitting them out (facebook et. al. 2021)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I feel like I can follow a decent amount of it. I'm not sure I see anything there that would point to Ivermectin as an alternative to vaccinations at this time. I also haven't read a similar paper in the vaccinations to see how they would compare.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I feel like I can follow a decent amount of it. I'm not sure I see anything there that would point to Ivermectin as an alternative to vaccinations at this time. I also haven't read a similar paper in the vaccinations to see how they would compare.
Oral delivery system will not work as virus load is delivered aerosol into the lungs and that is where ivermectin would need to be introduced to be effective . So to have any real effect at a non deleterious dose they discussed possible future nano delivery system and such but as it stands they did the research at 25 times the human dose on cells not organs or animals. its all conjecture, interesting but still conjecture

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oral delivery system will not work as virus load is delivered aerosol into the lungs and that is where ivermectin would need to be introduced to be effective . So to have any real effect at a non deleterious dose they discussed possible future nano delivery system and such but as it stands they did the research at 25 times the human dose on cells not organs or animals. its all conjecture, interesting but still conjecture
Ya know.......

There's another option that doesn't attack lipid layers just to make a cell inhospitable. Which coincidentally if cell dysfunction is the mechanism, whiskey works just as well intravenously and via inhalation as ivermectin......

But there's still a better way to make make an inhospitable environment to sars cov-19

Don't even need to go to the tractor store either.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I thought that was what it said. There's effectiveness when tested in vitro but not in vivo, and the body's absorption of oral dosages wasn't efficient enough to make a "normal' dose effective in the pathways that needed it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was just thinking how long it's been since I had some freedom fries :rofl:

oh early 2000's, how dumb you were, we're so much smrtr now

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I was just thinking how long it's been since I had some freedom fries :rofl:

oh early 2000's, how dumb you were, we're so much smrtr now
A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Whatever surplus vaccines should be sent to humans in most densely populated/least vaccinated areas in the world.

Whatever diminishes the number of human petri dishes incubating the next flesh eating delta69 variant, the better for all.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Whatever surplus vaccines should be sent to humans in most densely populated/least vaccinated areas in the world.

Whatever diminishes the number of human petri dishes incubating the next flesh eating delta69 variant, the better for all.
Fact that thousands or even millions of doses are thrown away here in the great ol US, I concur.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fact that thousands or even millions of doses are thrown away here in the great ol US, I concur.
There is a logistical challenge to it though. I read that Denmark tried to donate the Astra Zeneca vaccines it didn't use because it was taken out of our program to the Covax initiative. However, they only wanted to get the doses that had not yet been delivered, so basically overtook Denmarks options at the manufacturer. Doses that had already been delivered were not wanted (2.5 million if I remember right). In a local informal agreement, some of those then were given to the German state of Schleswig-Holstein, which is bordering Denmark.

Not saying that not more could be done to get vaccines to everyone, but sometimes logistical/political/bureaucratic issues hinder the good will.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
There is a logistical challenge to it though. I read that Denmark tried to donate the Astra Zeneca vaccines it didn't use because it was taken out of our program to the Covax initiative. However, they only wanted to get the doses that had not yet been delivered, so basically overtook Denmarks options at the manufacturer. Doses that had already been delivered were not wanted (2.5 million if I remember right). In a local informal agreement, some of those then were given to the German state of Schleswig-Holstein, which is bordering Denmark.

Not saying that not more could be done to get vaccines to everyone, but sometimes logistical/political/bureaucratic issues hinder the good will.
For sure its hell to transport these vaccs (esp Pfizer and Moderna). But since these mRNA vaccs are getting their way to SE Asia and other poor countries, theres gonna be a way. But hopefully AZ and JnJ will make their way to the places/countries that need them most.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last edited: