Quantcast

Dig dug. My winter dig thread.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Haha! Thanks. Sometimes I wish we had a trail vacuum so that we could suck up all the little Timmies that walk on them!

Damn that place has come so far since a few years back when P-dirt was posting pics of it.

That shyte is ready for a museum. When some eco freak comes back you can tell him it's an art project and they will believe you. :cheers:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Been out for the last 2 months. Long story short, i crashed, went and got x-rays, found out i had 3 compression fractures in my spine.
Clint blew up his ACL, and went under the knife.
Chads, dogs ate each other.
Justin went to Tahiti to surf, and Timmy digs solo.

We are back now. I am digging again, and should be riding in the next couple weeks.

Me and Clint went to Felony to dig with Timmy this weekend.

Injured soldier.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
soooo dope!
i'm still searching for a good spot with creek or hose access. my local trails just got plowed a few months back..:disgust:

AgentOrange

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Sofia, Bulgaria
Guys, first I wanna say this thread's been an awesome inspiration! Thanks to all of you, your work is amazing!

Now, here's some pics of our winter project. The trails are in Sofia, Bulgaria.

That's the smaller section of our trails. It was getting lots of traffic and it was getting beat up quite bad so we've spent the last month or so trying to put it back in shape and add some extra features in the process. Work goes slow since were' just a couple of guys and we've been getting snow in the city regularly, but we're getting there.

Next up are the bigger jumps, i'll post some pics when we have progress.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
My favorites.

wow..sick jumps and it must be nice to not have to worry about drainage. we have to build some serious trenches to keep the water from pooling after it rains. i bet your jumps just soak up that random socal rainstorm eh?

our local stuff at Garlics place is finally getting dry enough to ride...but there are drainage trenches in the lows of each set that dump out in a nearby creek.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
we have to build some serious trenches to keep the water from pooling after it rains. i bet your jumps just soak up that random socal rainstorm eh?
Ah, no. These trails fill up like swimming pools. Timmy uses a massive water pump to drain out the bowls. He is a soldier.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
that bowl you posted up has to be drained of about 400 gallons of water after a rain and then it takes another couple weeks to dry out. i'd hardly call that nice...
I think what manimal is getting at, that you guys have some awe-some-freakin' dirt out that way and it makes us east coast guys a little jealous when we see no roots or rocks, and soil that looks like it cuts with a butterknife....we just assume you get the trifecta of awesomeness and are blessed with drainage that would make the Tidy Bowl Man sh*t his pants. It's cool to see that everywhere has its own set of unique circumstances to deal with to make our hobby of dirt slinging just that much more challenging.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
that bowl you posted up has to be drained of about 400 gallons of water after a rain and then it takes another couple weeks to dry out. i'd hardly call that nice...
Mikey, i'll be down in about a week. I'll try to give you a better heads up next time so we can consume a lot of beerz.